Long term HGH dose?

Im not closed off to the idea of learning new information. What other harmful factors are you thinking about tho? Genuinely curious

GH is the fountain of feeling youthful but not staying young.I'm multitasking here, at work, so can't really give such a post the focus it deserves at this moment. I was readily available for short anecdotes but not for proper essays ... But maybe @Type-IIx can chime in, his advice on GH is worth a lot more then mine ...

Fine. Fair enough. I wont bother convincing you.

I would advise, however, that you research this a bit further, before you harm yourself, or others, with your advice. Cancer is far from being the only factor in regards to GH use, albeit at first glance, the most scary one.
What are the other risk factors? That is exactly what I am trying to get at. By my research which includes talking with various doctors, outside of the cancer correlation, side effects include water retention (which I have) which can cause hypertension (don’t have), increased A1C (don’t have. In fact my blood surgar and A1C is exceptional per my doctor) and interruption with thyroid hormones (my thyroid is also exceptional. T3 high, TSH low).

My IGF -1 was at low 200’s prior to starting hgh which was 3 years ago. On my current 2.5 IU it sits at 300. The range is like 100-300 so I’m not even outside if standard range. My gut tells me not to increase my dose though, even though my 3.3 IU experiment was a huge success in the short term. The cancer thing bugs me the fuck out.

What are the other risk factors? That is exactly what I am trying to get at. By my research which includes talking with various doctors, outside of the cancer correlation, side effects include water retention (which I have) which can cause hypertension (don’t have), increased A1C (don’t have. In fact my blood surgar and A1C is exceptional per my doctor) and interruption with thyroid hormones (my thyroid is also exceptional. T3 high, TSH low).

My IGF -1 was at low 200’s prior to starting hgh which was 3 years ago. On my current 2.5 IU it sits at 300. The range is like 100-300 so I’m not even outside if standard range. My gut tells me not to increase my dose though, even though my 3.3 IU experiment was a huge success in the short term. The cancer thing bugs me the fuck out.
You're in a healthy range there. There's an association with both high and low IGF-I serum concentrations with prostate cancer risk in elderly men (a U-shaped curve). There's an association between elevated IGF-I and certain other neoplasms, including colorectal cancer and melanoma.

The cancer risk is one of low probability/high severity, but it's not applicable at below 330 ng/mL.

Last edited:

Did you measure fasting insulin and insulin response to either a mixed meal or glucose tolerance test? And do you have a reference for fasting insulin outside of a GH cycle?

At the risk of being accused of talking out my ass, I’m cruising at 6iu of Serostim. With the amount wasted it’s probably closer to 5iu.
I’m 51 yrs old.
My blasts aren’t as exciting as they used to be but when I do I bump to 9iu.
I’ve experimented with 18iu every other day. I’ve never used generics. I understand they’ve cleaned up a lot over the years but still think the sides at a high dose would be an issue.

At 18iu/eod and 9iu/ed I noticed a slight bit more water held but no cts at all.

How’ve you been @jackmeoff1 ? Good to see a familiar face.

Hi, I also had a similar question. Say money is not a factor how much GH would you take if you could long-term? I have been crushing on it for 5 years and cycled up to 20 iu before. From my experience when I start to get over a certain dosage I would just carry water and less definition. I dropped it to 2-3ius last year or so but I still feel like I carry some water and have slight swelling.
What's your ideal dosage and why?

What is everyone's main concern about the long-term use of GH, I'm in my 50s how long would you stay on it if you could, and would you stop for health reasons?

At the risk of being accused of talking out my ass, I’m cruising at 6iu of Serostim. With the amount wasted it’s probably closer to 5iu.
I’m 51 yrs old.
My blasts aren’t as exciting as they used to be but when I do I bump to 9iu.
I’ve experimented with 18iu every other day. I’ve never used generics. I understand they’ve cleaned up a lot over the years but still think the sides at a high dose would be an issue.

At 18iu/eod and 9iu/ed I noticed a slight bit more water held but no cts at all.

How’ve you been @jackmeoff1 ? Good to see a familiar face.

Bro, I'm in my 50's using pharma too and 6iu (only HRT) for me was way too high for me held a lot of water and joints started to kill me, especially with 4 bad rotator cuffs I notice it really softens the joints a quite a bit. I'm on 2-3 iu now and feel better not as pumped but trying to figure optimum long term dosage and do you plan on stopping?

2iu/day of Genotropin gave me fucking sore knees!
I lowered my dose to 0.9iu/day and feel fine.
0.9IU per day? Why even take GH, just stay natural. Your Genotropin might be fake or contains dimer which could explain sore knees at 2IUs. I personally wouldn't go below 1.5IU per day. The last study I read about natural production claimed the equivalent for rhGH is considered to be between 1.1 to 1.5IU per day, depending on age, gender and so on.

0.9IU per day? Why even take GH, just stay natural. Your Genotropin might be fake or contains dimer which could explain sore knees at 2IUs. I personally wouldn't go below 1.5IU per day. The last study I read about natural production claimed the equivalent for rhGH is considered to be between 1.1 to 1.5IU per day, depending on age, gender and so on.
Actually 0 5iu -1iu per day is typical replacement dose. That's all I'm taking it for.
I had blood work done yesterday, so expect to get my IGF1 result back in a few days.

Did you measure fasting insulin and insulin response to either a mixed meal or glucose tolerance test? And do you have a reference for fasting insulin outside of a GH cycle?
Fasting blood sugar and blood sugar 2 hours after high carb meal. Yes, I measured both values pre GH use for years actually and post GH use. No difference with the metformin included. Never ran it without metformin and probably won’t. I have to assume it would be higher without the metformin.

Was it water?
It's typical of gh around there.
Yeah it had to be. I was running primo at 400 mg/wk along with the increased gh (and my trt dose).

Definitely felt “fuller” muscles with the increase gh + primo. My diet didn’t change at all and I mean that down to the gram. I track everything. Weight went on over 3 weeks and came off over 3 weeks of discontinuing primo and lower GH.

Fasting blood sugar and blood sugar 2 hours after high carb meal. Yes, I measured both values pre GH use for years actually and post GH use. No difference with the metformin included. Never ran it without metformin and probably won’t. I have to assume it would be higher without the metformin.

No, was asking if you checked - and is checking; insulin.