Long term tirzepatide efficacy

CrazyDaisy

I posted this in another forum, but this forum is probably the better place to ask.

I was on brand name Mounjaro and then compounded tirzepatide via telehealth provider and now getting my own peptide. I'm debating buying a larger stockpile but wondering if others have input if you've been on tirzepatide longer term. Did you find that it stopped working, so maybe buying a large quantity isn't wise? I'm at goal and maintaining BTW. I know people have started getting retatrutide, but I'm not ready to try that until it gets further through clinical trials due to the early heart concerns.

Just curious if anyone has input...don't want to waste a bunch of money on a larger tirzepatide order if many have found its effects to wain or better to consider other stacks. I completely realize this will vary person to person. So just looking for any personal experiences or suggestions.

In my experience, you can keep going up in dose and having the same hunger suppression effects until you cant afford it anymore on the $ side. For some 10mg a week is too expensive some can go 20 or 30 affordably. Then I take about 5 weeks off and I can start at 2mg and work up again.

Not sure what you consider long-term. I have been on Tirz for 16 months now. with the past 8 months on 15mg / week. Still not at goal weight, but have been steady losing the whole time. The only impact to slope of my weight loss was when I started rx TRT in October 2023. Took a few months to adjust and started back losing. Food noise starts coming back on days 6 and 7 at this point, but lately have added Tesofensine which is incredible at knocking out appetite.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 144735.jpg

Not sure what you consider long-term. I have been on Tirz for 16 months now. with the past 8 months on 15mg / week. Still not at goal weight, but have been steady losing the whole time. The only impact to slope of my weight loss was when I started rx TRT in October 2023. Took a few months to adjust and started back losing. Food noise starts coming back on days 6 and 7 at this point, but lately have added Tesofensine which is incredible at knocking out appetite.

View attachment 277220
I need to look into Tesofensine.

View attachment 277220
Such great progress! Congrats!

Would you guys think tirz or sema is better?
I've only been on tirzepatide, so I can't comment on sema. But, depending on your health (diabetic?) and insurance coverage, personally I'd start there to see what would be covered. Unfortunately my insurance has no coverage for weight loss and I'm not diabetic. I chose tirz because it's a dual agonist and in studies had better results and less side effects. When I started it was only $25 a month with the original coupon, which is now expired and not available. If you go the compounding pharmacy or buy your own peptide route, tirz is more expensive.

But I've read many stories of people doing really well on sema. If I was starting now, I might try sema first due to cost and see how it worked for me. Since tirz has worked so well for me (down 85 pounds from 207 to 122ish in about a year) I'm staying with tirz. Just now trying to figure out what maintenance will look like.

I've seen a lot of posts of people starting tirz at 2-2.5mg, then eventually ramping up to 5mg or 10mg

hypothetically if you stayed at the 2-2.5mg dose, how long before it would start to lose its effect? The summer shred cycle is going into full effect soon, and I'm interested in the appetite suppression and nutrient partitioning effects that I've read tirzepatide offers, but I want to run it as low as possible to avoid sides, or ramping up too quickly and building a tolerance (when I could have stayed on say 2.5mg for 4-8 weeks for example before losing efficiency, and having to increase it to 5mg)

I've seen a lot of posts of people starting tirz at 2-2.5mg, then eventually ramping up to 5mg or 10mg

hypothetically if you stayed at the 2-2.5mg dose, how long before it would start to lose its effect? The summer shred cycle is going into full effect soon, and I'm interested in the appetite suppression and nutrient partitioning effects that I've read tirzepatide offers, but I want to run it as low as possible to avoid sides, or ramping up too quickly and building a tolerance (when I could have stayed on say 2.5mg for 4-8 weeks for example before losing efficiency, and having to increase it to 5mg)
You would stay at 2.5 for four weeks regardless if you follow protocol. My wife has been on 7.50mg for a couple months with continued results.

It's very individual. Some people never go higher than 2.5mg and lose really well. I did 1 month of 2.5mg and moved up to 5mg...but back then the recommendation was move up to the 'therapeutic doses' as fast as possible. Now I think people are more conservative and generally encourage only moving up in dose when the weight loss actually stalls (depending on side effect tolerance, etc.). I never had any side effects except some mild constipation. If you're buying your own peptides, you can definitely start lower than 2.5 and see how it goes. There's no 'standard time' when it loses its effect and everyone has to move up.

It's very individual. Some people never go higher than 2.5mg and lose really well. I did 1 month of 2.5mg and moved up to 5mg...but back then the recommendation was move up to the 'therapeutic doses' as fast as possible. Now I think people are more conservative and generally encourage only moving up in dose when the weight loss actually stalls (depending on side effect tolerance, etc.). I never had any side effects except some mild constipation. If you're buying your own peptides, you can definitely start lower than 2.5 and see how it goes. There's no 'standard time' when it loses its effect and everyone has to move up.
Very fair points, I'll probably keep my own internal log after starting it just to track everything and to note the changes.

I've run low dose semaglutide (only 0.25mg/week, and only peaked out around 0.5mg/week), and noticed it lost its appetite suppressing effects after I want to say 2-3 months, so I'll probably keep a more detailed log of the Tira so I know exactly when this falloff will occur, if at all

Remember we also have more control over how much we increase the dose at a time since most of us aren't using the fixed-dose pens- no reason you can't go in increments of .5 or even .25 instead of doubling like the official dosing schedule.

View attachment 277220
FFS.... You lost 130lbs over 1 1/2yrs.... WELL DONE!

View attachment 277220
Used Tesofensine from peptide sciences and only thing I lost was money

I notice a slight drop off in tirzepatide efficiency around the 6 week mark, on a continual dose. Been on 2.5mg for 6 weeks, and I notice the hunger does seem to be increasing slightly, particularly around day 5-6 between shots. It's still working very well and is doing what I need it to, just doesn't feel as potent as it once did. Might go to 3.33mg for the next 6 weeks

I notice a slight drop off in tirzepatide efficiency around the 6 week mark, on a continual dose. Been on 2.5mg for 6 weeks, and I notice the hunger does seem to be increasing slightly, particularly around day 5-6 between shots. It's still working very well and is doing what I need it to, just doesn't feel as potent as it once did. Might go to 3.33mg for the next 6 weeks

The slight increase in hunger around 5-6 days after dosing might be part of why it works well the rest of the time.

Some people like microdosing like with TRT but the mechanisms with GLP1/GIP drugs seem different.

For example, if weight loss stalls for a few weeks, I'd increase dose before increasing dose frequency. This is a marathon not a sprint.