@ozymandias

Looking for Australian blood test labs that offer help with TRT, if I can get my levels close enough i'm able to be prescribed through my doctor. Looking for any help or information.

30 YEAR OLD MALE
183CM
90KG.
Only train constantly in winter during sporting seasons but looking to get serious about BB.

imed does private blood tests. But like the guy above said, any gp can give you a blood test referral, good luck getting him to actuallly prescribe it thought, very rare in Australia.

imed does private blood tests. But like the guy above said, any gp can give you a blood test referral, good luck getting him to actuallly prescribe it thought, very rare in Australia.
Exactly. I am from OZ and you have a better chance of getting on them to give you meth before test. It all changed around 2014. I use to get it way back in 1995 through to 2013 and now nothing.

Agreed, iMedical is the way to go for tests on demand. But if through your GP they can bulk bill and you'll save yourself 200 bucks!

Exactly. I am from OZ and you have a better chance of getting on them to give you meth before test. It all changed around 2014. I use to get it way back in 1995 through to 2013 and now nothing.
It's pretty nuts ay. I've heard there are some private clinics that will prescribe more readily than GPs but the cut offs are apparently 15 nmol/L Total and 380 pmol/L Free.
Out of curiosity what were the requirements back in the good old days?

Without going into too much detail or dropping names, here's a longer story. Please, refrain from asking irrelevant questions. My family GP, an old lady who has been my doctor since I was a child and who owns her practice in a nice, leafy part of Sydney, agreed to assist me after hearing a rather dubious story.

I had informed her about my plan to order testosterone from a website based in China, a site that a friend had recommended. She warned me about the potential dangers, insisting that I had no idea what I was injecting into my body. Despite her advice, I told her I was going to proceed anyway. I even made up a story about a friend who had already tried it, despite realizing I was sounding foolish.

Following a 20-minute lecture about unregulated laboratories in other countries, particularly China and India, where checks are often lax and worst-case scenarios are plentiful, she decided to intervene. She reached out to another doctor friend of hers and managed to secure an appointment for me with a sports doctor. The call came, and I got my appointment. Interestingly, it was located off his main institute campus, in an office situated in an industrial/business estate, specifically for his hospital patients undergoing rehab.

I’m not a professional athlete, so I have to juggle all the responsibilities related to the testing myself. The doctor couldn't recommend any specific tests, but he advised me to undergo testing after a solid few months of working out, a "post-season" period. I'm supposed to book another appointment with him (through my GP), where we can discuss the best solution specific to my situation, or potentially explore other options.

The doctor's confidence in our meeting made me feel certain that if I do this right, I can fully invest in whatever I set my sights on. He didn't mention anything specific about the topic we were discussing, which is why I'm so confident. Remember, I'm not a bodybuilder with years of cycles under my belt; I'm an outlier in this treatment, and that's as much as I'll say. I'm treading carefully, as this is a red-hot topic on the forum.

Now, the challenge is to get my hormone levels close enough for the doctor to admit me through the back door. Keep in mind, I'm a 30-year-old average athlete (I use the term loosely). The plan has to be audacious enough to work, yet not so wild that it results in more tests to detect a disease I don't have.

I appreciate the replies to my first post. Both trolls and geeks are welcome and encouraged. However, I won't be giving any more specifics about the who, what, when, where, and why.

Ric Flair, woo!