Metformin induces muscle atrophy by transcriptional regulation of myostatin

Deadp007

Metformin induces muscle atrophy by transcriptional regulation of myostatin via HDAC6 and FoxO3a
Conclusions
Our results demonstrate that metformin treatment impairs muscle function through the regulation of myostatin in skeletal muscle cells via AMPK-FoxO3a-HDAC6 axis. The muscle-wasting effect of metformin is more evident in WT than in db/db mice, indicating that more complicated mechanisms may be involved in metformin-mediated muscular dysfunction
This sucks, I'm not diabetic but I take hgh & metformin.... wondering if it's not worth it.

Metformin induces muscle atrophy by transcriptional regulation of myostatin via HDAC6 and FoxO3a
Conclusions
Our results demonstrate that metformin treatment impairs muscle function through the regulation of myostatin in skeletal muscle cells via AMPK-FoxO3a-HDAC6 axis. The muscle-wasting effect of metformin is more evident in WT than in db/db mice, indicating that more complicated mechanisms may be involved in metformin-mediated muscular dysfunction
This sucks, I'm not diabetic but I take hgh & metformin.... wondering if it's not worth it.
A lot of people here and across other forums such as PM, use metformin in conjunction with hgh and other AAS they're on. If metformin had any appreciable effect on muscle loss, I'd think we have some members posting personal experiences about it.

Even if this were true, don't you think compounds such as testosterone and other AAS trump any minor atrophy from metformin?

Type-IIx goes all scientific & puts this to bed:

Oh, if I'd only have used the search function befit I posted this thread!

Back