• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Morning or late afternoon workouts??

I am getting ready to start my first cycle of Sust and dbol. I am going to do 250mg of sust per week and 30-40mg dbol per day for the first 6 weeks.

My question is would it be better to work out in the morning from 8-9ish or in the afternoon from 4:30-5:30ish. I am only concerned that one time may be better than the other due to the half life of the gear.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rill

Don't worry about the half-life of the gear in relation to your training. Just try to split the dbol into several doses so it is in your system for longer. With regards to your workouts, I would do whichever is more convenient and/or during which you have more energy. All things being equal, the late afternoon session might work best because your core temperature tends to peak at that time of day

Training in the morning or right after you get up (about two hours) is probably the best time for a few reasons:

1 - You're not going to be over stuffed with food and so you won't fear throwing up
2 - You're GH levels are high after an overnight fast and remain elevated for a little while so you'll get a boost
3 - The overall training effect of getting in the gym early will keep your appetite up for the rest of the day to consume lots of calories to rebuild
4 - You wont have to worry about training with 20 other people who do 5 sets of lifting and 20 sets of talking (thanks for the quote, Arnold)

Of course, if you can't train after you get up for some reason, I'd say get yourself to the gym no matter what... But the morning is ideal for me.

HL

HeavyLiftr said:
Training in the morning or right after you get up (about two hours) is probably the best time for a few reasons:

1 - You're not going to be over stuffed with food and so you won't fear throwing up
2 - You're GH levels are high after an overnight fast and remain elevated for a little while so you'll get a boost
3 - The overall training effect of getting in the gym early will keep your appetite up for the rest of the day to consume lots of calories to rebuild
4 - You wont have to worry about training with 20 other people who do 5 sets of lifting and 20 sets of talking (thanks for the quote, Arnold)

Of course, if you can't train after you get up for some reason, I'd say get yourself to the gym no matter what... But the morning is ideal for me.

HL

gotta go with armsports on this one. it's just too hard for me to workout in the am simply because it takes a while for me get out of 1st gear. i just don't have the energy necessary to get in a good, heavy workout so i just do cardio in the morning. late afternoon is great for me but, since i work during the day, i usually do my workout in the evening, sometimes as late as 9 or 10pm. on the weekend, i'll workout in the afternoon.

Grizzly said:
Agreed. I'm too stiff in the morning.

If you are to stiff in the morning just hit the can bro:) Just kidding

Thanks for all of the feedback from everyone. I will keep you posted on how my gains are coming from my first cycle

Rill

I tried the AM thing. Its not for me. Figured it out on a heavy bench day when I fell asleep on the bench LOL.
Bro I dont think 250 mgs of Sust is gonna do much for you. How do you plan on using it? EOD? IMO I would think about using 500 mgs of the sust. Ask some questions about your cycle. Good luck Bro.

I prefer afternoon/evening workouts. I tried the AM workouts and my joints always seem to hurt. Plus, like the others said, it takes me too long to wake up and get going in the mornings.

Go what works best for you and your schedule.

Stones

I have to agree with the rest here... AM is not for me.. I am stiff and not ready to go yet, plus I get to the gym and spend 15 minutes in there taking a dump..
The one thing I noticed is that when I train in the afternnons I eat better through out the day. That way I dont feel like a fat sluggish pig when Im in there. When I would work out in the morning I would feel like I already did my workout and could eat whatever. Just something that did and didnt work for me. everyone is different though.

Will you get any gains with 250mg of sust a week? I was thinking of a similar cycle but with 500mg.

just do it

HEY BRO,

kick it to 500mgs a week you'll get much better results. Depending on your age 250mgs will only bring to to slightly elevated levels of natural testosterone.

I have worked out in the mornigs for years and agree with Heavylifter your natural test and gh levels are higher and you will put your body in a more anabolic state burning more calories thru the day.

Although you need to find what fits your schedule and stick to it so you don't get pissed cause you miss a day./ no stress

Evenings are bad at my gym just a bunch of squakers and i am usually to pissy from my day to deal with that shit / no stress

good luck

up the dose if you can

gringo

I love the morning. I feel so much more focused when I work out in the morning. Warm up with some cardio and you will be money.

For me, I have to DEFINITELY have ephedrine or caffeine running thru me to work out in the AM. But still, my joints do ache somewhat so it takes me a little longer to warmup. I am also scared to do heavy (1-3 rep) sets in the AM...I prefer mid afternoon, but because of work and other commitments I'm in there around 6 or 7 with all of the other working class ham-and-eggers in this country.

diesldud said:
I tried the AM thing. Its not for me. Figured it out on a heavy bench day when I fell asleep on the bench LOL.
Bro I dont think 250 mgs of Sust is gonna do much for you. How do you plan on using it? EOD? IMO I would think about using 500 mgs of the sust. Ask some questions about your cycle. Good luck Bro.

I was going to do 1cc of Sust per week and 30mg of dbol per day. I do have more sust on hand to up the dosage if need be. This is my first and from the reading I have done it seemed to be enough. I don't want to pimp myself and wast the gains.

Maybe I should do one shot on Monday and one shot on Thursday?

Thanks for the feedback

Rill

pm workouts for me as I can't muster energy in the am, plus with my job I have to get up at 5:00 am. I do get in some cardio in the morning.

after a long day at work I love to release my frustrations tossing the iron around

rillotucows@hotmail.com said:
I was going to do 1cc of Sust per week and 30mg of dbol per day. I do have more sust on hand to up the dosage if need be. This is my first and from the reading I have done it seemed to be enough. I don't want to pimp myself and wast the gains.

Maybe I should do one shot on Monday and one shot on Thursday?

Thanks for the feedback

Rill

I do 1 cc of Test Cyp on monday and 1 cc of test cyp and 2 ccs of EQ on Thursday.... 2 shots isnt bad.

I need alot of water in my system to train so the am just does'nt cut it. Water is essential for me to train and I need at least 3 hours of hydration to work out. By the afternoon I am good to go.

re:

LOL..I guess the consensus here is that morning training is not for everyone. Bro, the time you train is a personal preference.

I train mornings during the week because my evenings are reserved for my family. If a training session falls on a WkEnd/Holiday I roll w/the punches and train when I "catch fire".