Needles for glutes?

nikolaypetrov

Hi, guys! I'm planning to switch from E3.5D 1.0" IM (Sustanon) to EOD 0.5" IM (Enanthate). I'm worried if the 0.5" needle will be long enough to reach shallow-IM, though. I measured my glute fat with caliper (image below) and it says it's 0.5". I guess 0.5" is the size with both sides of the skin, right? So the skin is 0.25" thick? When I'm pinning, I can also push the needle as deep as I can, just to be sure that it reached the muscle. I hope someone have experience with this and give some pointers/tricks. Thanks!

618Vd7oSAAL.jpg

Hi, guys! I'm planning to switch from E3.5D 1.0" IM (Sustanon) to EOD 0.5" IM (Enanthate). I'm worried if the 0.5" needle will be long enough to reach shallow-IM, though. I measured my glute fat with caliper (image below) and it says it's 0.5". I guess 0.5" is the size with both sides of the skin, right? So the skin is 0.25" thick? When I'm pinning, I can also push the needle as deep as I can, just to be sure that it reached the muscle. I hope someone have experience with this and give some pointers/tricks. Thanks!

618Vd7oSAAL.jpg
Use a 1"
23g or 25g

Guys with more butt fat would need a 1.5"

I pin ED with 29g 1/2" pins.

Personally I would struggle to get a 1/2" pin into my glutes without burying it right in there.

What's your total weekly volume? If you're pinning less than 0.5ml EOD then why not put them into your delts?

Oh, EOD 1.0" IM for TRT sounds like a nightmare. The volume will be 0.15ml EOD (~125mg/week). I'll rotate left/right delts + ventro-glutes then.

Oh, EOD 1.0" IM for TRT sounds like a nightmare. The volume will be 0.15ml EOD (~125mg/week). I'll rotate left/right delts + ventro-glutes then.
With that kind of volume you could probably put it into the same site EOD and not have an issue.

You could put that in subq and it wouldn't be a problem.

Why not just sub q it? I have done this between cycles. If volume is low .3 ml or less no issues or lumps with me. Prop have me a little soreness sub q but was manageable.

Yeah you really want to use 25g 1” for glutes

You can use 1/2” 27g with delts but with EoD injections you will find after a while that you will be dealing with scar tissue and leakage in the delts if that’s all you use.
I’ve done EoD injections for a while, both blast and cruise
VGlutes, Quads, Delts and sometimes Pecs is my standard rotation
Get the right size pins for each location and build you a nice rotation with 4-6 sites

For trt doses, subq works great with 29g-0.5in, 0.2ml EOD gets you close to 180mg.
I have no issues with pharma grade or what I brew with pharma grade ingredients (except for raws).
I suspect people who have issues with subq are not using pharma grade or are using brews that are made with cheaper quality ingredients.

I re-open this topic without opening a new one since my question is pretty similar.

So, I usually inject testosterone enanthate (from pharmacy), 250mg/ml once a week in my dorsogluteal area.
So far, i did about 50 injections by using 23Gx1-1/2" and more or less I always get the area a little bit painful for at least 2 days.
I tried different solutions: heating the vial, changing the needle after the aspiration and before the injection, but even if the pain is reduced, it is still there for at least two days.

So, at the moment, I have these other needles:

25Gx1"
27Gx5/8"
30Gx1/2"
26Gx7/8"

Which one I could try to see if the post-injection improve?
I do not think 30G would be suitable, but what about the other?

25G is just the next size after the 23G that I'm already use, so I do not think it will be very different (??). What about 26G? probably it is too short for the glute since it is 7/8" vs 1-1/2" currently in use (I'm not fat, I'm 86Kg X 178cm)?

I re-open this topic without opening a new one since my question is pretty similar.

So, I usually inject testosterone enanthate (from pharmacy), 250mg/ml once a week in my dorsogluteal area.
So far, i did about 50 injections by using 23Gx1-1/2" and more or less I always get the area a little bit painful for at least 2 days.
I tried different solutions: heating the vial, changing the needle after the aspiration and before the injection, but even if the pain is reduced, it is still there for at least two days.

So, at the moment, I have these other needles:

25Gx1"
27Gx5/8"
30Gx1/2"
26Gx7/8"

Which one I could try to see if the post-injection improve?
I do not think 30G would be suitable, but what about the other?

25G is just the next size after the 23G that I'm already use, so I do not think it will be very different (??). What about 26G? probably it is too short for the glute since it is 7/8" vs 1-1/2" currently in use (I'm not fat, I'm 86Kg X 178cm)?
Depends on carrier oil and BF%. I like a 27g 1/2" for GSO. 27g draws and injects pretty quickly for my oil. 1/2" works fine for delts, vastus L, ventro g, and glute. For VG and glute I just push so the skin indents some to make sure I'm in muscle. I do terrible with Sub Q so I know the 1/2" is in muscle. I'm fairly lean though. If you have higher BF at least 1" for VG and glute, 1/2" for delts and vastus unless you thighs are fat. Other sites just depend on fat on that area. Some use a 29 or 30g but I assume they have MCT as GSO would take to long to draw for my liking and I don't want to deal with heating the vial.

Thank you a lot, today I used again 23Gx 1-1/2", but next week I'll try 25Gx1" or the 26Gx7/8" since they should be longer enough for the glute.

Tbh I wouldn’t use anything under 1inch for glute shots. 0.5inch is fine for other places like delts, Ventro glutes, lats and pecs.