Nolvadex for Low SHBG

Everything you just said agrees with my hypothesis that all the spoke principles in the normal human metabolism which you are addressing, only SUPPORT SHBG as MODULATORS to cellular demand and action.

I dont disagree that serum counts may reflect underlying conditions better in males closer to the "just left puberty stage".

I dont understand though how SHBG should be considered a "culpret", but only an indication.

I makes perfect sense that adding Testosterone to a person with diminished DEMAND for SHBG wont do anything POSITIVE. It does not mean that SHBG is not delivering hormones and creating metabolic process at other principles - Fat etc... and just because it dont give wood and desire....

Diminished presence in blood serum CAN NOT be STRICTLY INDICATIVE of REAL LOW SHBG metabolic action. I CAN BE INDICATIVE of a LESSENED %PERCENTAGE% in blood constitution. And consider that SHBG is most likely measured as "free" and uninvolved, otherwise it would include BOUND TESTOSTERONE.... and others..! Still, ANY presence thereof MUST indicate there is enough at any given time..

IT IS VERY LIKELY THAT THIS IS A DAMN GOOD CASE THAT IN LIEU OF HIGH SERUM TT COUNTS (AND ONLY INDICATING POTENTIAL AS FAR AS I SUSPECT, THAT THIS IS ONE CASE WHERE a low count (sorry caps but not retype) in shbg does not indicate low realized TT metabolism in SUM..!?!!

I agree, forcefeed SynT to a low SHBG male and his SHBG is going lowed as T is forced into blood population where it is either then eliminated, or BOUND. Therefore "Free SHBG" will go down.. Why not just call it free. What am i missing? I'll tell you why. Its because it is the maximum demand factor with regard to hormones short of the cellular ORDERs. Therefore FREE or not, it has ONE JOB.

FINALLY, all this talk about SHBG, when there is the protein Albumin which also involves with Sex hormones. You are basing you whole argument on only what APPEARS to be 1/2 the principle point of subject matter. Why not a look there? This could be a good example for me to examine actual metabolism rates in action. Consider if bound hormones are say 50% SHBG, 48% albumin, and 2% FREE at any given moment. DOES this even prove whether or not the SHBG bound TT is being processed at the same percentage rate as the Albumin bound? Is everyone so worried about SHBG because of the fact that while albumin bound is almost the same percentage, it is only half, 1/4, or less IN REAL METABOLIC ACTION?!?

Am I getting my numbers mixed up here and completely off my rocker:rolleyes:?? Someone educate me. I am humbly open and receptive.

REGALE ME.....!

Bottom line:

If you have normal TT, and subnormal (1/2 normal) SHBG, you will have twice the FT (4% of TT) of a normal male. Not disputed.

With twice the FT, you will have twice the E2. With twice the FT, you will have twice the rate of excretion. Not disputed.

This, for many men, especially young men, is a problem.
The only consistent anomaly in cases of non-response to TRT (mood/libido) is when the body doesn't change expression of SHBG from the low-T to the normal-T state. The main complaint is a low to absent libido that can not be stabilized. Evidenced by countless anecdotes from males in the under 25 age group who fail to respond positively to TRT.

Studies show SHBG to have more responsibility than a simple inhibitor, but rather a both facilitator (SHBG-T entry into cell) and a signaling hormone itself (SHBG-R.) Not disputed.

Studies show SHBG to have indepenat action on glucose metabolism. Not disputed.

Low SHBG is a marker for multiple states of disease. Not disputed.

SHBG lowers when androgen levels are too high, to increase the rate of excretion. Not disputed.

SHBG increases in response to exercise. In healthy males, TT increases proportionality. Not disputed.

It is mind-blowing to hear doctors who would agree that any OTHER component of the endocrine system must be balanced, and point to normal ranges, age-appropriate ranges and "ideal" ranges ....

... and then excuse the primary transport and mediator of free to bound ratio, metabolism and excretion from being important!

SHBG has an average range and an ideal range (in proportion to other hormones) just like cortisol, testosterone, estrogen, prolactin or any other hormone discussed on this board.

We consider any obvious deficiency or excess to be a potential contributor to SD.

Last edited:
"Common sense" is what your sorely lacking, Clown!

For instance the "not disputed" proclamations you listed earlier, which are truly laughable suppositions!

Yet if you had more than TWO communicating neurons, of brain stem origin, my point would seem trifle yet obvious!

"Common sense" is what your sorely lacking, Clown!

For instance the "not disputed" proclamations you listed earlier, which are truly laughable suppositions!

Yet if you had more than TWO communicating neurons, of brain stem origin, my point would seem trifle yet obvious!

If you have normal TT, and subnormal (1/2 normal) SHBG, you will have twice the FT (4% of TT) of a normal male. Not disputed.

With twice the FT, you will have twice the E2. With twice the FT, you will have twice the rate of excretion. Not disputed.

This, for many men, especially young men, is a problem.* The only consistent anomaly in cases of non-response to TRT (mood/libido) is when the body doesn't change expression of SHBG from the low-T to the normal-T state. The main complaint is a low to absent libido that can not be stabilized. Evidenced by countless anecdotes from males in the under 25 age group who fail to respond positively to TRT.

You can't prove the non-existence of SHBGs role in sexual function through the absence of any existing studies with such specificity.

If either point is disputed... dispute. Many here have labs to prove you wrong.

Absolute GARBAGE anyone can concoct with TWO functioning neurons. No more no less!

Absolute GARBAGE anyone can concoct with TWO functioning neurons. No more no less!

Absolute common sense. Pick an assertion and make a coherent argument against it.

Ad hominem: You're a 57 year old "physician" who has never experienced or treated genuine secondary hypogonadism. You "pin" old farts with decaying testicles like any Minute Clinic monkey could do. How about you stay out of the sophisticated discussions and stick to doling out the basics to br0s.

Many of us with low SHBG can't tell the difference between a 100mg shot of testosterone and a shot of plain sterile oil.

Last edited:
Many of us with low SHBG can't tell the difference between a 100mg shot of testosterone and a shot of plain sterile oil.

Oh god, this rings so fucking true to me.

Just took my first dose of T-3 a short while ago. Hope I feel something in the coming weeks...

Back