Oh really? tell me more about your uncensored message board

This happens to me too. It's a profanity filter to avoid harassment, but a lot of us swear about random things and not at people, so it gets us.

It's not uncensored or unmoderated, you do need to be respectful.

I suspect there’s an exception built into the profanity filter that allows UK / ROI IP addys to use naughty words without consequence, just as we do IRL.

For Yank IP addys though, with their fragile Protestant sensibilities & inability to call a toilet “a toilet”, they have to stick to words from the Ned Flanders School of Swearing.

I suspect there’s an exception built into the profanity filter that allows UK / ROI IP addys to use naughty words without consequence, just as we do IRL.

For Yank IP addys though, with their fragile Protestant sensibilities & inability to call a toilet “a toilet”, they have to stick to words from the Ned Flanders School of Swearing.

It just sounds different when you guys say that word, mildly hilarious instead of hostile

You guys are the ones that get arrested for insulting people on social media, not us.

This happens to me too. It's a profanity filter to avoid harassment, but a lot of us swear about random things and not at people, so it gets us.
LLMs are a little more sophisticated than mere profanity filter.

You guys are the ones that get arrested for insulting people on social media, not us.
You guys are the ones that get arrested for crossing the street (aka “jaywalking”), not us.

But seriously …. My comments were about British & Irish vs American cultural norms, not laws, but seeing that you raised it:

Yes, there have been a few instances of overzealous British cops throwing their weight around & trying to arrest people for “insults” said online, but no actual prosecutions because “insulting” others is not a crime in the UK. Making threats, inciting others, hate speech etc are offences in the UK regardless of whether they’re made in person or online & those are what people are prosecuted for in the UK, not “insults”.

Regardless, it’s not as if the US is free of overzealous cops getting off on a power trip throwing their weight around, is it?

Freedom of (political) speech, British style:

View: https://youtu.be/uGwCykQwgTU?si=lIgmc37Z9ZrtTCch

That song narrowly missed out on being the UK’s Christmas #1 song in the music charts 2-3 years ago. Oddly enough, the band weren’t arrested for insulting Boris Johnson. They weren’t arrested for their song Jesus Died Of A Strangle-Wank either .
Then there’s this song & dance routine from a prime-time BBC show:

View: https://youtu.be/DOJbBBSe4oI?si=qC-QzMBt_xN-z7Lz

As for Ireland, just for the craic …

View: https://youtu.be/E53qBbsxNXs?si=ThmQfJgCIBHCvQ24

To any Americans who think this makes the British or Irish uncouth or uncivilised, be aware that whilst we swear far more than you do, good manners & being polite (eg saying please / thank you / sorry / etc) are far more important socially in the UK & ROI than in the US.

@Millard Can you please do something about the AI autocontrol? I have to write like a retard with spaces because every second word gets flagged for no reason. Words like "Ad deral" "m anic" "p orn" "s timulant", its really getting annoying

sc.png

Back