Operation Gym Candy Shuts Down Major Ugl In Pennsylvania

Trilogylabpharma.
Just taking a wild guess. He's from pa. Had problem with multiple Raws shipper. Been sending weird emails lately about how he's back, but the website is still down.

I thought I'd add that the PA-AG press release states there were three individuals brewing AAS ("suppliers") and TWO "transcontinental steroid rings".

Does this mean there were two UGL labels involved?

Or does the second ring refer to the Vicodin/Oxycontin/Percocet distribution?

Source: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=8185#

From my understanding it was one lab but they considered it two rings because of the opiates . I am willing to bet that the opiates is probably what put them on the radar in the first place.

From what I've seen locally and online, it appears busts occur when brewers and sellers get sloppy. This usually happens after they start dabbling in pills, which isn't a big deal, until they start using their own pills and make mistakes. The quietest and tightest sources here just sell gear, but it's the other guys that make mistakes while on drugs talking to the wrong people and getting in with the wrong crowd. The drug task forces don't search for steroids, they search for pills and that puts the guys selling both in a bad spot. Seen it one too many times here. It all goes along the lines of "responsible use" so you don't make mistakes.

Anyone using narcotics and hustling is bound to get bumped... You become so sloppy and the security measures you once took pride in fall by the wayside... I speak from experience.. Many years ago...
These guys got banged with a lot... Looking at lots of time.

I was just going to post this:http://www.pahomepage.com/story/d/story/several-under-arrest-in-operation-gym-candy/32169/mVnJinetZk6Sg5iTmH_zMA

But saw I was beaten to the punch. How many busts are we up too this year? The war on weed move to war on AAS.

Top colors, pill colors, and silver bags all match MLG. Labels are fuzzy but appear to resemble MLG as well. I don't want any customers to come under fire but damn would it be so nice to see him busted after what he did to people

The drug task forces don't search for steroids, they search for pills and that puts the guys selling both in a bad spot.
When the State AG says this -- "Anabolic steroids can cause deadly side effects, and are as much of a public health risk as heroin or other narcotics, especially when users 'stack' them" -- maybe LE in PA is now searching for AAS just as aggressively as other drugs?

Top colors, pill colors, and silver bags all match MLG. Labels are fuzzy but appear to resemble MLG as well. I don't want any customers to come under fire but damn would it be so nice to see him busted after what he did to people
What goes around, comes around ehh? I hate that fucking guy. He never burned me personally but he did friends of mine.

Suspect in steroid probe pleads guilty
JAMES HALPIN / PUBLISHED: APRIL 14, 2017

A player caught in the Operation Gym Candy steroid ring bust pleaded guilty Thursday to a count of operating a corrupt organization.

Paul Dougal, 34, of Plymouth, entered his plea before Luzerne County Judge David W. Lupas, who set sentencing for May 12. Dougal saw other counts against him withdrawn as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Prosecutors alleged Dougal imported raw materials from China to make steroids at home. He was one of 14 people the state Attorney General’s Office busted in 2014 as part of the steroid ring.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/suspect-in-steroid-probe-pleads-guilty-1.2180292 (Suspect in steroid probe pleads guilty)

1 So it looks like the conviction rate for steroids is 100%, same as the guilty-plea rate.

2 The funny thing is that they were PRISON GUARDS before being busted
lol So they can continue brewing (and selling) steroids too bad their customers (inmates) can only only afford $4.50 monthly installments and a prison bitch down payment. lol

Suspect in steroid probe pleads guilty
JAMES HALPIN / PUBLISHED: APRIL 14, 2017

A player caught in the Operation Gym Candy steroid ring bust pleaded guilty Thursday to a count of operating a corrupt organization.

Paul Dougal, 34, of Plymouth, entered his plea before Luzerne County Judge David W. Lupas, who set sentencing for May 12. Dougal saw other counts against him withdrawn as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors.

Prosecutors alleged Dougal imported raw materials from China to make steroids at home. He was one of 14 people the state Attorney General’s Office busted in 2014 as part of the steroid ring.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/suspect-in-steroid-probe-pleads-guilty-1.2180292 (Suspect in steroid probe pleads guilty)

1 So it looks like the conviction rate for steroids is 100%, same as the guilty-plea rate.

2 The funny thing is that they were PRISON GUARDS before being busted
lol So they can continue brewing (and selling) steroids too bad their customers (inmates) can only only afford $4.50 monthly installments and a prison bitch down payment. lol
Brothers sentenced for role in steroid ring

ERIC MARK / PUBLISHED: JUNE 24, 2017
Marc Laubach
Brian Laubach

WILKES-BARRE — Twin brothers from Berwick will go to jail for their role in a conspiracy to manufacture and sell anabolic steroids that became known as Operation Gym Candy.

Brian Laubach and Marc Laubach, both 39, will spend 11 to 23 months in Luzerne County Correctional Facility, county Judge David Lupas ruled Friday.

Both brothers pleaded guilty in July 2016 to one felony count each of manufacturing a controlled substance, corrupt organizations and dealing in the proceeds of illegal activities.

Brian Laubach was sentenced first Friday.

After hearing his sentence, he lobbied for leniency for his brother, a former Columbia County probation officer. Marc Laubach did not play a major role in the drug distribution conspiracy that spanned five counties in Northeast Pennsylvania, Brian Laubach told Lupas.

Deputy Attorney General William Abraham disagreed, noting that Marc Laubach was “an active participant” in the operation, which he said netted the brothers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Both brothers told Lupas they take responsibility for their actions.

Before he sentenced Brian Laubach, Lupas noted the large number of positive character references the court received. He also heard from the twins’ mother, who said the brothers grew up in difficult circumstances — with an abusive, alcoholic father — and have made great strides to turn their lives around since their arrest almost three years ago

In addition to the jail sentences, each brother must pay a $10,000 fine and make restitution for laboratory test costs, Lupas ruled. Following their jail terms, each will be on probation for two years.

The Laubach brothers were among 13 people charged in October 2014 following a 17-month investigation into the drug ring, which operated out of Luzerne, Lackawanna, Montour, Northumberland and Columbia counties and shipped to dozens of states.

Brian Laubach and other co-defendants imported raw materials from China that they manufactured in their homes by stuffing anabolic steroids into caplets or cooking the raw materials to fill vials so the drugs could be injected, authorities said at the time of the arrests.

Brian Laubach sold the drugs online and shipped up to 300 packages for profits of roughly $16,000 a week, authorities said.

After Friday’s sentencing hearing, all defendants in Operation Gym Candy Case have gone through the court system, Abraham said after the hearing.

He said he was satisfied with the outcome of the case.

“I think the judge gave an appropriate sentence,” he said.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/brothers-sentenced-for-role-in-steroid-ring-1.2210858 (Brothers sentenced for role in steroid ring)

I agree with those that said the opioids brought them down. Maybe the AG looking to pad her resume too. Most of the LEOs I know have no issue with PEDs.

I couldn't help reading the AG's statements and thinking she's the same type of politician who calls every gun an assault rifle and every magazine high capacity.