Opioids Entering US By Mail

dilaudid destroyed me after my knee replacement. my body couldn't handle it at all. all it would do is make me pass out and then I would puke once I started to wake up. the nurse would just dump more in my IV and the cycle would repeat, nasty shit. I couldn't imagine using it in any other context other than pain support.

I feel for you man, and anyone with those struggles. glad to hear you are still strong after all those years. power lifting has done you right.

Sounds like what happened to a friend of mine. Well educated and a business owner. Had a car wreck and got put on Oxycontin back in the mid 90's, became a drug addict and never got better. He died back in 2014 in his early 50's.

I shot plenty of Dilaudid and fentanyl patches back in the day, too. I struggled with opiate addiction for a lot of years. In the spring of 2017 will be five years clean for me.

I can confirm it changes who you are dramatically. I was a horrible person when I was using.

dilaudid destroyed me after my knee replacement. my body couldn't handle it at all. all it would do is make me pass out and then I would puke once I started to wake up. the nurse would just dump more in my IV and the cycle would repeat, nasty shit. I couldn't imagine using it in any other context other than pain support.

I feel for you man, and anyone with those struggles. glad to hear you are still strong after all those years. power lifting has done you right.

Yeah, that's how pain pills were for me at first, too. I started out snorting Oxycontin and used to puke every time. Not sure why I kept doing it really. That had to have been 2003 maybe. By 2006 I had a ridiculous daily habit of methadone, fentanyl, adderall and various benzos.

Went through a methadone clinic for eighteen months and then suboxone for six months. Then a few months later in 2009 tried oxys IV for the first time and quickly got out of control. Did a few months in rehab and a lot of months in county and finally 21 months straight between county and DOC. Last time I got high on anything was in county jail in 2012 waiting to go to prison. Snorted some heroin that just kinda fell into my lap. Decided I was done after that and never looked back. Been chasing PRs instead of dope.

I feel for everyone that's still using whether it's street drugs or doctor prescribed, it's no way to live.

Yeah, that's how pain pills were for me at first, too. I started out snorting Oxycontin and used to puke every time. Not sure why I kept doing it really. That had to have been 2003 maybe. By 2006 I had a ridiculous daily habit of methadone, fentanyl, adderall and various benzos.

Went through a methadone clinic for eighteen months and then suboxone for six months. Then a few months later in 2009 tried oxys IV for the first time and quickly got out of control. Did a few months in rehab and a lot of months in county and finally 21 months straight between county and DOC. Last time I got high on anything was in county jail in 2012 waiting to go to prison. Snorted some heroin that just kinda fell into my lap. Decided I was done after that and never looked back. Been chasing PRs instead of dope.

I feel for everyone that's still using whether it's street drugs or doctor prescribed, it's no way to live.
Dude, that is sad story, with a happy ending. I'm glad you are staying strong.
It's hard to come away from this stuff.

What destroyed me was the nasal spray, is so easy to do. You can't keep track of it. Pills and pins, you can count and know what you have taken. The nasal spray hits instantly with fent, and it takes about 2 seconds to do. I was up to just over 1000 mcg an hr. In the night, I would just keep hitting it because I would wake up (I hurt in the night the worst) and think I was needing more is why I was woke up. When I ditched the stuff I counted the bottles and I had went through around 1400 doses.
I am only around 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks (like I said, I can't remember much at one point there) or so out. I fight it every day.....

Thanks for your story, it helps to hear guys that has beaten it.

Jeesus, there's a bunch of former junkies on here - glad you've managed to pull yourselves out of it. Props!

I know nothing about recreational drugs or even pain killers. No interest. Knock on wood.

Happy new year to you!

Dude, that is sad story, with a happy ending. I'm glad you are staying strong.
It's hard to come away from this stuff.

What destroyed me was the nasal spray, is so easy to do. You can't keep track of it. Pills and pins, you can count and know what you have taken. The nasal spray hits instantly with fent, and it takes about 2 seconds to do. I was up to just over 1000 mcg an hr. In the night, I would just keep hitting it because I would wake up (I hurt in the night the worst) and think I was needing more is why I was woke up. When I ditched the stuff I counted the bottles and I had went through around 1400 doses.
I am only around 3 months, give or take a couple of weeks (like I said, I can't remember much at one point there) or so out. I fight it every day.....

Thanks for your story, it helps to hear guys that has beaten it.

At three months you're through the worst. Fentanyl is pretty short acting compared to something like methadone, so that might help. It took me a long time to feel right again. Over a year for sure. The restless leg and squirming while trying to sleep persisted awhile for me.

I'm not familiar with the nasal spray. I got started on fentanyl with the suckers. Used to get a bunch of the 1200mcg ones every month. We'd cut the stick part off and put one in each cheek, called it being a chipmunk. Wasn't uncommon for me to wake up face down on the floor with just two pieces of the sucker sticks left in my mouth from just spontaneously passing out.

Used a lot of the patches, too. Had a good friend die on my living room floor from a patch. We'd gotten two of the 100's and split one and that's all it took to kill him. Didn't stop me from using the other one right after though. Another time I shot all the gel out of a 100 patch at once, 10,000mcg, I believe. Passed out immediately and for like 6-8 hours. Surprised I survived that one so easily.

Closest to death I ever was I mixed a bunch of stuff including fentanyl and passed out on my back and threw up down into my lungs. Was found before I died luckily and got airlifted to the hospital. Revived a few times and lungs pumped out and a few days in a coma, but survived.

It took me a lot of tries before I kicked it successfully. I've been through massive withdrawals quite a few times. Had seizures, not slept for days on end. I know all too well how awful it is and don't plan on ever putting myself through it again. Just stay the hell away from it, abstinence is the only way in my opinion if you're truly an addict.

Didn't realize you were a member here, by the way. Good luck with staying clean and feel free to hit me up if you ever need to talk about it, too. There's really nothing that's going to help except time, but I've been through it myself and know what it's like. Not being a street drug addict you might not know anyone that can relate to it.

Dude, your story is so similar to mine it's almost identical. I'd snort a line of OC 80, puke and get sick and just keep doing it. I spent over 2 years in Western Pen and almost 5 years if you add all my county bids. Think I'd learn my lesson after all that but still relapsed. Got on subs and finally kicked them. It's a helluva monkey to get off your back. I still get using dreams sometimes and they piss me off

This entire war on drugs is a total waste of time and money. As soon as we implement a new system to stop its entry, the cartels and manufacturers of these opioids create a new means of bypassing this system. This game of cat and mouse has been going on for a long time and we are losing. It's unfortunate but there it is. Those who want to use will find a way and when there's trillions of dollars at stake, they will always create some new, ingenious way to transport it.

Every time we pop a "kingpin" another steps up to take their place and they learn a little more about how not to get caught. Not to be negative, it's just a losing battle. Let those who want to destroy their lives do so, it is their right. It's our responsibility to nip this in the bud by doing our best to teach our own children morals and values so they don't choose to go down that road in the first place.
Only answer is getting people recovery

Dude, your story is so similar to mine it's almost identical. I'd snort a line of OC 80, puke and get sick and just keep doing it. I spent over 2 years in Western Pen and almost 5 years if you add all my county bids. Think I'd learn my lesson after all that but still relapsed. Got on subs and finally kicked them. It's a helluva monkey to get off your back. I still get using dreams sometimes and they piss me off

I did around three years total. I havent had a using dream in awhile, but almost always I'd either wake up before I got high or something would go wrong like I'd spill my dope or break my syringe somehow.

Good you kicked the subs instead of staying on. I really hate the suboxone and methadone racket and how they keep people on indefinitely. Shouldn't be that way, but they only want money and don't even usually try to get anyone off them. I know people that have been on for years.

I did around three years total. I havent had a using dream in awhile, but almost always I'd either wake up before I got high or something would go wrong like I'd spill my dope or break my syringe somehow.

Good you kicked the subs instead of staying on. I really hate the suboxone and methadone racket and how they keep people on indefinitely. Shouldn't be that way, but they only want money and don't even usually try to get anyone off them. I know people that have been on for years.
For sure it's all bullshit I helped a buddy kick with only 5 subs and he was just fine sucked but worked

At three months you're through the worst. Fentanyl is pretty short acting compared to something like methadone, so that might help. It took me a long time to feel right again. Over a year for sure. The restless leg and squirming while trying to sleep persisted awhile for me.

I'm not familiar with the nasal spray. I got started on fentanyl with the suckers. Used to get a bunch of the 1200mcg ones every month. We'd cut the stick part off and put one in each cheek, called it being a chipmunk. Wasn't uncommon for me to wake up face down on the floor with just two pieces of the sucker sticks left in my mouth from just spontaneously passing out.

Used a lot of the patches, too. Had a good friend die on my living room floor from a patch. We'd gotten two of the 100's and split one and that's all it took to kill him. Didn't stop me from using the other one right after though. Another time I shot all the gel out of a 100 patch at once, 10,000mcg, I believe. Passed out immediately and for like 6-8 hours. Surprised I survived that one so easily.

Closest to death I ever was I mixed a bunch of stuff including fentanyl and passed out on my back and threw up down into my lungs. Was found before I died luckily and got airlifted to the hospital. Revived a few times and lungs pumped out and a few days in a coma, but survived.

It took me a lot of tries before I kicked it successfully. I've been through massive withdrawals quite a few times. Had seizures, not slept for days on end. I know all too well how awful it is and don't plan on ever putting myself through it again. Just stay the hell away from it, abstinence is the only way in my opinion if you're truly an addict.

Didn't realize you were a member here, by the way. Good luck with staying clean and feel free to hit me up if you ever need to talk about it, too. There's really nothing that's going to help except time, but I've been through it myself and know what it's like. Not being a street drug addict you might not know anyone that can relate to it.
Be thinking of me.
You have already helped a lot.
You do feel that no one really knows what you are feeling like.
It means quite a bit to know someone that has.
I still have a severe pain problem, which makes it really easy to need the fent.
I do pretty good as long as I am not in pain.

I joined well over a year ago. Messed up the registration, so I would just stop by and look around to see what was happening. Then out of the blue it began giving me the opportunity to post. The crowd can be so blood thirsty here, I didn't plan to post much anyway hahaha.... I think it is actually a little more laid back, then it was when I first started stopping by.

For sure it's all bullshit I helped a buddy kick with only 5 subs and he was just fine sucked but worked

I've been through the methadone clinic and subs from a doctor and neither of them ever mentioned trying to get off them.

I thought kicking subs was a walk in the park. 16mg a day to nothing. I've kicked 200mg+ of methadone mixed with fentanyl, adderall and high doses of various benzos cold turkey and that was truly miserable.

Be thinking of me.
You have already helped a lot.
You do feel that no one really knows what you are feeling like.
It means quite a bit to know someone that has.
I still have a severe pain problem, which makes it really easy to need the fent.
I do pretty good as long as I am not in pain.

I joined well over a year ago. Messed up the registration, so I would just stop by and look around to see what was happening. Then out of the blue it began giving me the opportunity to post. The crowd can be so blood thirsty here, I didn't plan to post much anyway hahaha.... I think it is actually a little more laid back, then it was when I first started stopping by.

Yeah, being in actual pain makes it worse. I don't have any advice on that front. I don't have any myself except little aches and pains from lifting. I can tell you long term use leads to its own set of problems.

It gets a little rough around here at times, it's still home though.

Make no mistake about it tolerance to the effects of opioids occurs and the net effect of long term high potency opioid use is an reduced threshold to PAIN itself.

Such that what most non-users describe as an ache, becomes 10/10 PAIN to those whom use high potency narcotics.

Some of the effect is the result of severely diminished secretion of endogenous endorphins or pain receptor modulation.

regardless of etiology the ONLY way to become accustomed to, or tolerate
"pain" cease the use of ALL OPOIDS

I've drained MANY IVDA related abscesses over the years and none are more challenging from a pain management perspective than someone who has used heroin on a chronic basis!

The most efficacious is KETAMINE IME.

Last edited:
Make no mistake about it tolerance to the effects of opioids occurs and the net effect of long term high potency opioid use is an reduced threshold to PAIN itself.

Such that what most non-users describe as an ache, becomes 10/10 PAIN to those whom use high potency narcotics.

Some of the effect is the result of severely diminished secretion of endogenous endorphins or pain receptor modulation.

regardless of etiology the ONLY way to become accustomed to, or tolerate
"pain" cease the use of ALL OPOIDS

I've drained MANY IVDA related abscesses over the years and none are more challenging from a pain management perspective than someone who has used heroin on a chronic basis!

Spoken like a true mainstream doctor.

Spoken like a true mainstream doctor.

Welcome to mainstream reality that is a part of my world and IS EVIDENCE BASED!

Try draining an abscess using the traditional lidocaine local and 200 mcg of Fentanyl in a narcotic addict and see how far you get ----- Heck most will "require" more than 200mcg of Fentanyl for local alone!

And if such an occurrence is not a reduced tolerance to pain I don't know what is, esp since many abscesses are
drained using a local anesthetic alone.

Last edited:
That was a pretty good response jim. Props. There are several parts of your statement that I have issue with.

First, the dull ache for the majority of people would be untolerable for long term opiod users? Really?

Tell that to my vietnam vet bro who stepped on a landmine. He has done acupuncture, water therapy, exercise, and non of it helps like the low dose of percs he takes.

Tell that to my other friend with cancer. His daily battle of his body eating itself and dying.

Its unfortunate that so many people abuse these medications. There are many people that have no other option for getting through the day.

Its always easy to say what people "should do." Until we are in thier situation and understand what they are going through well...then we really dont know.

Please spare me the apples to oranges comparisons used by some narcotic addicts as reasons for their "pain" I've heard them all and VERY FEW have stepped on MINES or have CANCER!

The MAJORITY are suffering emotional loses, in one form or another, that no amount of narcotic can cure but only complicates an already confounding situation.

Finally treat a few narcotic addicts (and read a lot more) before you pass judgement about that which you obviously know little about.

Pity bc I doubt you even know what endorphins are?

Bc much like TT supplementation results diminished secretion of testosterone so to is the case when narcotics are administered on a chronic basis
---- a reduced secretion of endorphins ---- AKA the physiologic equivalent of MORPHINE!

More "mainstream" info others can use so they can better understand why they are in pain whenever OPOIDS are not on board.

Oh and just in case you're wondering, PHYSICIANS are primarily responsible for the way narcotics are prescribed, and in doing so enabling the addictive behavior of their patients in most instances IME

Pity bc I doubt you even know what endorphins are?

Bc much like TT supplementation results diminished secretion of testosterone so to is the case when narcotics are administered on a chronic basis
---- a reduced secretion of endorphins ---- AKA the physiologic equivalent of MORPHINE!

More "mainstream" info others can use so they can better understand why they are in pain whenever OPOIDS are not on board.

Oh and just in case you're wondering, PHYSICIANS are primarily responsible for the way narcotics are prescribed, and in doing so enabling the addictive behavior of their patients in most instances IME

You know Jim, your the one who made the ridiculous comment about long time users of narcotics not being able to differentiate between severe pain and a dull ache. Your words not mine.

When was I ever making excuses for drug addicts abusing meds??

Never said anything of the sort. And I really don't appreciate your condescending attitude. Who dosent know what endorphins are??

And im fully aware of the overprescribing of meds by half wit doctors who prescribe because they dont know how to "treat" or cure.

They pump thier patients full of the most powerful drugs ever created than play stupid or worse, self righteous when the patient gets addicted.

There are many people that need powerful painkillers. The real problem lies with uneducated, unqualified medical practitioners.

Unfortunately our medical system is full of hacks. Its a shame that its nearly impossible to find compident doctors that arnt in bed with big pharma. They are the real problem.

Its a shame that its nearly impossible to find compident doctors that arnt in bed with big pharma. They are the real problem.

Define what you mean by "being in bed with big Pharma"

As I review your "complaints" how prophetic darn near every one kicks the can down the road by placing blame elsewhere but on the patient who knowingly abuses narcotics!

Your lacK of insight and introspection speaks volumes, IME

Last edited: