Ozempic (semaglutide) wtf?

lukiss96

So I have finally decided to use it this strange pen, I injected 36 clicks which is 0.5mg (right?) and after couple hours I already feel like I hate eating?

Is it normal? Is it placebo x10 effect? I had this steak on my mind now I don't even want it?

What is food? Do we need to eat? Can I not eat and not die? Am I invincible?

But really though when is it supposed to work and do the effects wear off over time?

Do I need to inject it more frequently
than once a week?
20220714_150737.jpg

You were supposed to start at .25 mg for 4 weeks and then go up to .05. You only injected once a week. I don't have problem eating on it but it makes me drop weight like crazy. There is only a couple of times I couldn't finish a meal but yeah it wears off that feeling. Sometimes by the end of the week you can tell it's wearing off cuz your appetite is back more. Start at .25 mg a week for a month. Then go up to .05 mg for a month. Then go up to 1 mg and you can just kind of stay there really. I mean it makes me eat less but I don't have any trouble getting in my macros.

You were supposed to start at .25 mg for 4 weeks and then go up to .05. You only injected once a week. I don't have problem eating on it but it makes me drop weight like crazy. There is only a couple of times I couldn't finish a meal but yeah it wears off that feeling. Sometimes by the end of the week you can tell it's wearing off cuz your appetite is back more. Start at .25 mg a week for a month. Then go up to .05 mg for a month. Then go up to 1 mg and you can just kind of stay there really. I mean it makes me eat less but I don't have any trouble getting in my macros.
I think he means
0.25mgx4
0.5mg x4 weeks.
Then 1mgx4 weeks.

Last edited:
Ty for advice!

0.25mg sounds like child's play, I have been debating whether to start at 0.5mg or 1mg. So I've decided to be safer and start at 0.5mg.

I also feel like I'm so full and my rate of processing food is slower? Stomach monster is sleeping, it was fast to act and after few hours big meal normally is gone and he's again asking for more...

My metabolism is pretty fast I think, I lose weight and fat very fast on 3000 calories. I normally eat 3600 and then over 4000 calories on more active days so I maintain this bf % which I estimate to be 14% maybe it's higher, but I have abs.

However, now, food looks boring and I don't want it. I do eat, because I need my calories and protein.

But I feel fat now, which is very strange, I feel like I'm super over my calories and same feel like back then when I used to "bulk up" on 6k calories...

But I'm not over my calories, in fact I'm in slight deficit without even trying now.

Ty for advice!

0.25mg sounds like child's play, I have been debating whether to start at 0.5mg or 1mg. So I've decided to be safer and start at 0.5mg.

I also feel like I'm so full and my rate of processing food is slower? Stomach monster is sleeping, it was fast to act and after few hours big meal normally is gone and he's again asking for more...

My metabolism is pretty fast I think, I lose weight and fat very fast on 3000 calories. I normally eat 3600 and then over 4000 calories on more active days so I maintain this bf % which I estimate to be 14% maybe it's higher, but I have abs.

However, now, food looks boring and I don't want it. I do eat, because I need my calories and protein.

But I feel fat now, which is very strange, I feel like I'm super over my calories and same feel like back then when I used to "bulk up" on 6k calories...

But I'm not over my calories, in fact I'm in slight deficit without even trying now.
Taking 0.25 mg is the directions from ozympic. The first month of taking 25 mg I lost over 20 lbs. If you don't have a lot of fat after that the weight loss comes very slowly but you still lose weight. When I started I was 226 and now I'm 197. I want to lose 10 more pounds and then I'll be done LOL

I started at .50 mgs as well and was fine. I’m a tad bigger 6’1 260 with more fat 20% bf tho. It def works !!!! It’s becoming very popular too and there’s a new one now that’s supposed to be even better. Tirzepatide !!!

So since ozempic increases endogenous insulin secretion, wouldn't it increase insulin insensitivity? Does it do so badly?

If it is less bad, what about taking this in tandem with HGH as an alternative to exogenous insulin? I imagine it is more expensive but just disregard the price for now and let's talk about physiological pros and cons only.

So since ozempic increases endogenous insulin secretion, wouldn't it increase insulin insensitivity? Does it do so badly?

If it is less bad, what about taking this in tandem with HGH as an alternative to exogenous insulin? I imagine it is more expensive but just disregard the price for now and let's talk about physiological pros and cons only.
I was wondering about that portion with nutrient partitioning. Even if you stayed at 0.5mg a week and assist with nutrient shuttling and keeping bg in control versus something like lantus.
I am not sure if it does decrease sensitivity because it is endogenous insulin. I think it mainly occurs with exogenous.

Idk If @Type-IIx has any thoughts.

Semaglutide works. Im on my 2nd order of 3mg from peptide sciences. Yes after my first injection my interest in food disappeared. This however wears down after the 1st month or so.

Something concerning to me is I've had my blood sugar crash hard. I'm not diabetic but when cutting keto style I've now twice ended up suddenly sweating and feeling sick af. The 2nd time i ate some bread and it went away immediately.

Last edited:
Taking 0.25 mg is the directions from ozympic. The first month of taking 25 mg I lost over 20 lbs. If you don't have a lot of fat after that the weight loss comes very slowly but you still lose weight. When I started I was 226 and now I'm 197. I want to lose 10 more pounds and then I'll be done LOL
Taking .25mg. The damn text speech got me again.

I was wondering about that portion with nutrient partitioning. Even if you stayed at 0.5mg a week and assist with nutrient shuttling and keeping bg in control versus something like lantus.
I am not sure if it does decrease sensitivity because it is endogenous insulin. I think it mainly occurs with exogenous.

Idk If @Type-IIx has any thoughts.
The GLP-1 agonists are true insulin sensitizing agents.

Thanks for interesting responses, I can see how it is working for you well.

However, I think I'll just push through and cut harder then to make use of it. It really makes me feel too full and I don't like the overall feeling on it.

I like hunger signal as I know that it's a sign I'm doing cut right. Here I feel full on nothing, but air.

I have to force myself to eat now and it makes it very hard to eat 3000cals.

It's very effective, I really think competitors can benefit greatly from it to prepare for a show.

The GLP-1 agonists are true insulin sensitizing agents.
Can you look over this study glp1 lowers myostatin

Results: Ex-4 suppressed the expression of myostatin (MSTN) and muscle atrophic factors such as F-box only protein 32 (atrogin-1) and muscle RING-finger protein-1 (MuRF-1) in Dex-treated C2C12 myotubes. The suppression effect was via protein kinase A and protein kinase B signalling pathways through GLP-1R. In addition, Ex-4 treatment inhibited glucocorticoid receptor (GR) translocation by up-regulating the proteins of GR inhibitory complexes. In a Dex-induced muscle atrophy model, Ex-4 ameliorated muscle atrophy by suppressing muscle atrophic factors and enhancing myogenic factors (MyoG and MyoD), leading to increased muscle mass and function. In the CKD muscle atrophy model, Ex-4 also increased muscle mass, myofiber size, and muscle function. In addition, treatment with a long-acting GLP-1R agonist, dulaglutide, recovered muscle mass and function in DBA/2J-mdx mice.
Conclusions: GLP-1R agonists ameliorate muscle wasting by suppressing MSTN and muscle atrophic factors and enhancing myogenic factors through GLP-1R-mediated signalling pathways. These novel findings suggest that activating GLP-1R signalling may be useful for the treatment of atrophy-related muscular diseases.
Keywords: Chronic kidney disease; Dexamethasone; Duchenne muscular dystrophy; GLP-1R agonists; Glucocorticoid receptor; Skeletal muscle atrophy.

@Type-IIx can you explain how it sensitizes you to insulin? I guess it seems paradoxical to me. I would assume, even though it is endogenous, having all that extra insulin would still cause some reduced sensitivity? Maybe not as bad as insulin, but I definitely think it would eventually? Or would this only be true if someone who is stupid and decides to eat a ton of sugar and crap while taking it?

Genuine question - Why can't we inject half the dose twice a week, to even out the blood levels?
0.25mg twice a week instead of 0.5 once a week?
A bit like doing test e twice a week instead of once a week....

Scratch the before. I actually found the info to my question.

How long do you guys run this stuff for?
It can be ongoing. I think a break would be good. I stoppes it for 6 weeks but after my hunger was out of control I restarted it.

Original studies were 68 weeks plus

Genuine question - Why can't we inject half the dose twice a week, to even out the blood levels?
0.25mg twice a week instead of 0.5 once a week?
A bit like doing test e twice a week instead of once a week....
There's nothing that say you can't.

@Type-IIx can you explain how it sensitizes you to insulin? I guess it seems paradoxical to me. I would assume, even though it is endogenous, having all that extra insulin would still cause some reduced sensitivity? Maybe not as bad as insulin, but I definitely think it would eventually? Or would this only be true if someone who is stupid and decides to eat a ton of sugar and crap while taking it?

I would also subscribe to this logic. Curious to hear TypeX explain the mechanism by which this can promote endogenous insulin release whilst preserving or increasing tissue insulin sensitivity, as this defies the expected outcome of increased endogenous insulin.

Aww man.. this semaglutide has me bloated to shit. I'm at 1.5mg now. I took 4x bisacodyl and I am gonna take 4x senna/prune. When I get home from work I'm gonna do s colonoscopy protocol with miralax and chug it until I shit my brains out.