Path to a 500 wilks

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by Brandaddy, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

I bet. You're a busy guy.

2. Worf

Worf Member

So did you end up pulling out of the meet?

Brandaddy likes this.
  3. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Not for much longer. Back to eight hour shifts next week and once I buy that house my drive to work will be 20 minutes instead of an hour. Be nice to have a life again.

4. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Hope your place will have space for a complete home gym and you then won't have to worry about a gym.

Perrin Aybara and Worf like this.
  5. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

I saw that in the group chat. Was going to say congratulations but got sidetracked. Doesn't really get much better than only 8 hour days close to home. Well, I guess I work across the street from where I live right now. Ha. The fire numbers are within 20 of each other. Lol. Gonna own this whole block soon. This is the 4th one in this street. Lol

6. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Yeah. Wasn't really going to PR in anything anyways.

Silentlemon1011 and Worf like this.
  7. TrouDuQ

TrouDuQ Member

Brandaddy, how many hours lol do you spend in average per session ?

8. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

It depends. Ha. I've done anywhere from .75 to 2.5 hour lifting sessions. Recently I've been trying to keep my lifting to 1 hour max. Not including my 20 minute warmup.

Blange89, TrouDuQ and MindlessWork like this.
  9. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

That's the view of the house I'm working on from inside the house I'm staying at for now. Lol. Have to redo the gutters, sand down the gable accents and soffit then repaint them. Probably refinish the porch out front too. But the outside is almost done. 4br, 2ba, 2,250 sq.ft. Should rent for about $1,200/month

IMG_20200801_094904.jpg

10. Worf

Worf Member

@Brandaddy
    Fucking monopoly man with the monocle. Gona own The Whole block and be a slum lord by the end of summer.

11. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Haha. It's almost surreal to think just a bit ago I was a fat kid with an afro, no highschool diploma, felon fresh out from doing time for armed robberies. The last 5-6 years of my life has been pretty weird to say the least. Lol. Hopefully I can keep the streak going.

12. Worf

Worf Member

What was your weapon of choice for robbery?

13. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

That's how I feel. It's surreal thinking I was doing heroin ten years ago, in a prison cell eight years ago, and making minimum wage three years ago. Not quite that successful yet, but will get there. I'm pretty stoked making over a grand a week, driving a new truck, and buying my first house this month. We may turn my fiancee's house into our first rental.

14. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

You have the drive. It's just a matter of time. Keep working and saving up, spending your free time learning everything you can and I guarantee you'll keep going up as high you limit yourself to.

15. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Haha. Well, one was a .22 when I was PTAC, the other where I was the one with the gun I had a .44 mag.

Silentlemon1011 and Worf like this.
  16. TrouDuQ

TrouDuQ Member

HAHA America the land of opportunities <3 and for sure the American dream is still ON

17. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Workout today was,

2x8 squats @ 65%
    2x8 bench @ 65%
    2x8 deadlifts @ 65%
    2x30sec barbell holds

Decided to just start back up the PL training again with an off season program template I had success with in the past. Taking it easy the first four weeks to build back up some work capacity in my lower body.

Everything feels pretty great though minus almost cramping after only two sets of squats. Lol

18. TrouDuQ

TrouDuQ Member

will you increase % or add more sets?

Brandaddy likes this.
  19. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

This is my Monday schedule for the next month. Pretty straightforward. Slowly increase volume and intensity over time. The other days follow a pretty similar suit, just with different rep numbers and RPEs.

Screenshot_20200803-203854~2.png

20. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

Workout today was,

2x8 floor press @ 72.5%
    3x8 weighted pullups
    3x8 bent over rows
    3x8 chest supported rows
    3x8 SS upright rows and lateral raise
    5x8 preacher curls
    4x12 SS ez bar curls & band curl amrap
    5x8 skull crushers
    4x12 SS cable pushdowns and band pushdowns

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020 at 12:10 PM
    Blange89, Perrin Aybara, Worf and 2 others like this.