Preferred/best Gym Headphones?

rufflesbaby

Looking into getting over ear gym headphones curious on what most people are maybe using or recommendations for comfort/quality, discount potentially..

These are earbuds rather than headphones but I'll add two of my recommendations here just in case they might be of interest.

I've been using Anker A3i buds for the last couple of years and would highly recommend them for the sound quality and fit. Inexpensive too.
Amazon.com

If you are on a strictly tight budget, I'd recommend the Anker A20i. Less features than above but still have decent sound quality.
Amazon.com

Any headphones with ANC, in ear, will do the job.
I like to isolate in my world and train. If someone want to communicate during it, I do gestures like I'm deaf mute lol

I use nothing. I like to be in The zone while training
Feeling the pump in the areas, and focus mentally on the body part I'm working. Its all about the pump, intensity training, and recovery for me.

Any bose in ear headphones

The galaxy bud pros are pretty good.

I like to have the noise cancelation feature to tune out all the other bs around me and just focus on the music, weights, and getting a good pump

I go back and for between my AirPods (I hate them) and Beats Studio pro. The problem with the beats is I need to use a wet wipe and get all the sweat off after every use so they don’t stink. They great though because I hear literally nothing around me.

I go back and for between my AirPods (I hate them) and Beats Studio pro. The problem with the beats is I need to use a wet wipe and get all the sweat off after every use so they don’t stink. They great though because I hear literally nothing around me.
Yes, I wipe mine with an antibacterial liquid that has a super strong perfume, and it is the only thing that keeps them fresh.
I had a pair of Senheiser that were awesome and was heartbroken when I finally smashed them.
So now I don't spend a lot for headphones (over ear, always) because they don't seem to last long with me.
Headcandi, Marshall and Sony are some brands I tried.
They are OK for their purpose.
Obvs, the more you spend the better the sound quality and the tech.
But to be used in dirty gyms and get covered in sweat, I am OK like that.

I would buy a cheap pair first and see if you can even use over the ear in the gym. I've tried and I just can't do it having a big bulky pair of ear muffs that get drenched in sweat while I'm working out and they constantly get in the way or fall off is a huge p i t a. I also can't do earbuds because they never stay put, pool with sweat in and around the earbud and are generally uncomfortable in my ear. I've probably gone through 5 to 6 pairs of different headphones in the last month or two and settled on shokz openrun. They are essentially open ear wrapped behind the head Don't get in the way and are the most comfortable for me

I use nothing. I like to be in The zone while training
Feeling the pump in the areas, and focus mentally on the body part I'm working. Its all about the pump, intensity training, and recovery for me.
yeah I used to use nothing for the longest time lol, I'll go crazy after all these years now.. I feel you though the few times recently I forgot to charge mine the workout ended up being more intense, took less rest time and definitely better focus!

With headphones I can't hear my breathing, which is a good thing, I can do all the noise I want lol
I noticed without them I tend to hold it bit to not be too loud in the gym

I would buy a cheap pair first and see if you can even use over the ear in the gym. I've tried and I just can't do it having a big bulky pair of ear muffs that get drenched in sweat while I'm working out and they constantly get in the way or fall off is a huge p i t a. I also can't do earbuds because they never stay put, pool with sweat in and around the earbud and are generally uncomfortable in my ear. I've probably gone through 5 to 6 pairs of different headphones in the last month or two and settled on shokz openrun. They are essentially open ear wrapped behind the head Don't get in the way and are the most comfortable for me
have you tried silicone holder or hooks for headphones?
I use them (similar to the 2nd image) for my AirPods and they stay put and comfortably

1719261249590.png1719261267691.png

With headphones I can't hear my breathing, which is a good thing, I can do all the noise I want lol
I noticed without them I tend to hold it bit to not be too loud in the gym
lmao I noticed the same thing , had a few days where I forgot to charge my earphones and I was like "ohh damn thats what I sound like" .. I love death curdling screams, grunts, groans of pain.. beats whatever music they're playing at my gym
:cool: makes me personally want to train even harder!