Probably the 1000th "Should I Cycle or B&C"thread.

I have a buddy who is in his late 50s and is massive, hes old school and is a big advocater of coming off everything for about a month or 2 every other year or so. I dont know if theres evidence that coming off everything is really good for you but hopefully someone chimes in and lets us know.

I guess it also largely depends on how hard are you pushing during those higher phases and especially if are you competing and trying to make it to the big league. Even still if someone were to run 12 weeks cycles, restore, repeat years on end I don't see how that continuous roller coaster would be that much more healthier than coming down to normal physiological ranges but with the help of exogenous testosterone.

I guess it also largely depends on how hard are you pushing during those higher phases and especially if are you competing and trying to make it to the big league. Even still if someone were to run 12 weeks cycles, restore, repeat years on end I don't see how that continuous roller coaster would be that much more healthier than coming down to normal physiological ranges but with the help of exogenous testosterone.
I am just speaking out of my ass and throwing thoughts.

Well I feel like coming off every 2-3 years granted you are not a "TRT" guy. may not be a bad idea. I dont plan on getting off of test replacements at all.

Now this is just speculation but also using an HCG run every twice a year for a month to prevent full blown testicular atrophy doesn't seem like a bad either.

Now what I just said is just speculation and can be complete horse shit.

I am not an expert of this either.
It just seems pretty unlikely to me that after years of off - blast your body would eventually return back to homeostasis unless you are some genetic freak. Coming fully off / bottoming your hormone levels also brings its own set of issues as well and if you plan on doing this for years and perhaps competively to me it would make more sense to return back to those healthy physiological levels (note: real trt not trt+++++++++++) and go ham again once bloodwork shows green light.

OP, if you go the blast n cruise route, I will tell you if you plan to have kids someday, have a good amount of sperm frozen now or at least run HCG continuously along with your test. I did not do this and now I’m paying the price for it. Don’t think when it’s time to have kids you’ll just go off the test and take HCG for 8 months and you’ll be good. That may happen for a few lucky guys but it’s not the norm.

Back