Qingdao Sigma Chemical Co., Ltd (International, US, EU, Canada and Australia domestic

Attached are SDS-PAGE gels of the most recent lot of growth hormone that was sent to me. Purity came out to be 100% at 2 ug. Industry standard usually observes silver g stain gels at 1ug, so the purity is impressive. The only thing that concerned me was the band shows at ~20 kDa. Human growth hormone is published to be 22kDa. After researching Uniprot, there are 5 published isoforms of human growth hormone. This is most likely isoform P01241-2. This means that aa58-72 are differences from canonical. This can be missense variant consequential from experimental artifact such as PCR, cloning, or reverse transcripts errors. Regardless, I have been using the product myself for three months and it is as advertised, isoform or not, but it is not the same quality as pharma based on SDS-PAGE. For 1/10 the price I would not expect it to be either.
what does this mean in regards to effect or how this isoform acts in the body vs how the "pharma isoform" works? or is there no difference

what does this mean in regards to effect or how this isoform acts in the body vs how the "pharma isoform" works? or is there no difference

Many times when doing recombinant technology you get "missense" variants. As long as those amino acid variants do not affect how the protein refolds then the protein will result in a native bioactive structure comparative to the parent isoform (canonical). Proteins generally act in a lock and key Affinity type of reaction, so like I said as long as the variant does not affect final folding then you will get an isoform similar to native and it should be bioactive. In organic chemistry you can get a similar situation when a molecule is chiral enantiomers, and you get similar, but different effects. An example would be UGL meth vs pharma meth. Pharma meth doesnt give the euphoria, but still gives the amphetamine affect whereas the UGL gives strong euphoria as well as amphetamine affect. In short, without any data, I can support the isoform of GH that QS sells is a high percentage of activity compared to pharma grade. To give a stronger comparison of activity I'd have to set up side by side proliferation assays and I'm not going to do that for reasons.

From my understanding one might seek out different isoforms to possibly pass certain types of testing by wada for sports also.

From my understanding one might seek out different isoforms to possibly pass certain types of testing by wada for sports also.

I didn't even consider that! Great point. I'm not sure of the detection assays they use or anything like that. I would think there's crossreactivity if isoforms have similar Affinity characteristics however, but if merely looking at some sort of intact mass spectroscopy it may fly under the radar. Blood testing protocols for gH have a 12 hour detection window is all am familiar with in that regard.

20 kDa is supposed to have less sides... I can dig for a post Dat made...I think it was Dat anyway

Attached are SDS-PAGE gels of the most recent lot of growth hormone that was sent to me. Purity came out to be 100% at 2 ug. Industry standard usually observes silver g stain gels at 1ug, so the purity is impressive. The only thing that concerned me was the band shows at ~20 kDa. Human growth hormone is published to be 22kDa. After researching Uniprot, there are 5 published isoforms of human growth hormone. This is most likely isoform P01241-2. This means that aa58-72 are differences from canonical. This can be missense variant consequential from experimental artifact such as PCR, cloning, or reverse transcripts errors. Regardless, I have been using the product myself for three months and it is as advertised, isoform or not, but it is not the same quality as pharma based on SDS-PAGE. For 1/10 the price I would not expect it to be either.
Fascinating. Can you do this for things like Semaglutide?