• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Question about Aromatase Inhibitors

PureMuscle

When i was 21 i decided i was going to run a cycle of non aromatizing gear, tbol and var. I chose this as a first to just in case i was still growing which i highly doubted. Now i am thinking of running a test and dbol cycle. My question is if i were to take an aromatase inhibitor like aromasin or arimadex along with the test and dbol, would it keep my estrogen at normal levels or low enough not to cause bad sides like gyno. It may sound like a noob question but i havent found an answer anywhere else. thanks in advance

I would add .25MG every other day. D-bol has an added 1-2 double carbon bond), and an added 17a-methyl group. This does two things. The added 17a-methyl group serves to allow it to pass through the liver without being totally destroyed, and the 1-2 double bond slows the rate of conversion to estrogen (aromatization). Although conversion to estrogen is going to be less than with testosterone, its actually still going to be enough to cause potential side-effects because it converts to a very potent type of estrogen.

Arimidex is a type-II aromatase inhibitor (usually just called an AI). In the case of Arimidex, or any Type-I inhibitor, it works by binding to the substrate (the aromatase enzyme) thus rendering it inactive and therefore unable to convert testosterone into estrogen.

Arimidex, both .5mg and 1mg doses of were shown to decrease estrogen by around 50%. In both the 1 and .5mg groups in that same study, testosterone levels were raised significantly and both LH and FSH also went up slightly.

1. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2000 Jul;85(7):2370-7, " Estrogen Suppression in Males"

i see what you mean, my estrogen is going to be raised no matter what but if i were to just take test, it will be closer to the normal zone. Would this however prevent gyno if i were to take arimidex with a test only cycle?

i should have also included this. My fathers side of the family had a history of growing in their 20's. If this is the same case for me, will taking arimidex prevent my growth plates from closing by gear? I am already tall as it is and im pretty sure im done growing so its not a big deal but just wanted to know.

i should have also included this. My fathers side of the family had a history of growing in their 20's. If this is the same case for me, will taking arimidex prevent my growth plates from closing by gear? I am already tall as it is and im pretty sure im done growing so its not a big deal but just wanted to know.

You can however go to your Doctor and get X-rays to confirm if you are done growing in height.

This drug is frequently used in the treatment of children with growth disorder to stop or slow the onset of puberty. The cause of the growth disorder is through hormones which may trigger the early onset of puberty (precocious puberty). At the onset of puberty the bone growth plates begin to close. This can occur in children as young as 5 years old, so for children severely behind in growth, the opportunity for increased growth is diminished. Arimidex is shown to slow or stop this process.

References

1. ^ Howell A, Cuzick J, Baum M, et al (2005). "Results of the ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen, Alone or in Combination) trial after completion of 5 years' adjuvant treatment for breast cancer". Lancet 365 (9453): 602. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(04)17666-6. PMID 15639680.
2. ^ a b http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/hormonal/new_research/20051003.jsp Review of: Arimidex After Two Years of Tamoxifen Reduces Recurrence in Post-Menopausal Women. R. Jakesz et al., The Lancet, August 6, 2005

i see what you mean, my estrogen is going to be raised no matter what but if i were to just take test, it will be closer to the normal zone. Would this however prevent gyno if i were to take arimidex with a test only cycle?

Yes, A-dex is the best thing to use during your cycle to block estrogen. It is very stong and effective at a low dose. You can start with .25mg EOD and see how that works for you. If I recall correctly it has a 3 day half life. Dosage ranges from .25mg E3rd Day to .5MG ED. You should not exceed the max as you can lower your estrogen too much. Remember it is an AI and will block all estrogen. As opposed to a SERM that blocks certain estrogen. Like with Nolva

sounds good. so doing this will prevent gyno 100%? Will it also prevent it from stunting any growth that i may have, which i doubt but you can never be to sure. I have also read that you can run into problems if your estrogen is too low from using an AI. Will i be able to keep it the same level it was when i was before starting a cycle? reps

There is no way to predict whether or not you will stop growing or even if you will keep growing even taking nothing. Not even doctors can tell you that. You might have plenty of room in your growth plates and yet they close on there own without you gaining a cm in height.
As for being able to keep your estro levels the exact same, that is going to be rather hard. Basically, you would have to be getting blood work done on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to see what adjustments you would have to make to raise or lower or change dosing days of your adex to have a perfect combo of your test and adex. It will be almost impossible bro.

Is'nt another concern estrogen rebound when coming of adex or letro.
You'd be needing to run a good coarse of nolvadex post cycle