[Raloxifene] Need someone to explain to me what this medical text is saying

4x7

Hello,

i am not a native English speaker. My English is good but i'm not sure what this text is saying:

There was a small but significant decrease over time in high shear rate blood viscosity and plasma viscosity in raloxifene-treated subjects compared to those receiving placebo (p<0.05).

Source: The hemorheological effects of raloxifene in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Results of a 3-year placebo-controlled clinical trial - PubMed

So is the text above saying that the (fast) blood flow (rate) became better or worse? Viscosity is the resistance/force of a fluid to shear deformation. So when it says that there was a 'significant decrease in shear rate blood viscosity and plasma viscosity' then it is saying that the blood could flow easier?!

Knowing the compound Raloxifene, i anticipated the opposite: That the blood flow would have had more resistance (thicker blood/higher viscosity) and thus it would have been harder for the blood to flow. But maybe it is saying exactly this, but i'm just misunderstanding the text.

Thanks

Hello,

i am not a native English speaker. My English is good but i'm not sure what this text is saying:

Source: The hemorheological effects of raloxifene in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Results of a 3-year placebo-controlled clinical trial - PubMed

So is the text above saying that the (fast) blood flow (rate) became better or worse? Viscosity is the resistance/force of a fluid to shear deformation. So when it says that there was a 'significant decrease in shear rate blood viscosity and plasma viscosity' then it is saying that the blood could flow easier?!

Knowing the compound Raloxifene, i anticipated the opposite: That the blood flow would have had more resistance (thicker blood/higher viscosity) and thus it would have been harder for the blood to flow. But maybe it is saying exactly this, but i'm just misunderstanding the text.

Thanks

Seems to be an improvement (or lack of deterioration) but also happy 1 year Meso-anniversary!