• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Red Cross Donations

LowTman

Anyone notice how crowded the Red Cross is? I faithfully give as it doesn’t take much for my hemocrit to go 20+, Red Cross threshold to give. I went to make an appointment and they are booked 6 weeks out. I am shocked, as I thought it would be the opposite with COVID 19. Obviously, I am wrong.

LowT

It's crazy. For the money they bring in, you would think they could afford to expand their testing sites.

They call me every other day with a recorded message. i'd be happy to oblige, but i'm not driving an hour, hour and a half (one way) to be told i can't donate because my pulse rate is one or two BPM over the limit.

Of course it's over the fucking limit. i know you're about to stick me with a harpoon, so i hot boxed a dozen cigarettes and drank three Red Bulls in the parking lot and i'm over thinking it. Cut a brother some slack!

:D

I just used them a few weeks ago at some legion post 477 my old stopping grounds for NA/AA meetings were held at . Found out that life stream blood donation center and the red cross dont track donations between them.
But years ago I used the red cross donation sites a few times and once they have your number the telemarters are worse than Bill collectors literally had to block all the numbers they were calling from.

Is there away to thin ur blood naturally I just got denied for my blood being at 19.2 hmg ? I like the fact the lady was you need to donate it will bring you back to normal range but I can't do it till your at 18 hmg. Told me to come back. And start hydrating till I'm peeing every hour. Are there any supps that help. I have a appointment in 2 weeks. Plan on cutting out high iron foods, hydrate and supplement with tumric.

Is there away to thin ur blood naturally I just got denied for my blood being at 19.2 hmg ? I like the fact the lady was you need to donate it will bring you back to normal range but I can't do it till your at 18 hmg. Told me to come back. And start hydrating till I'm peeing every hour. Are there any supps that help. I have a appointment in 2 weeks. Plan on cutting out high iron foods, hydrate and supplement with tumric.
Not sure if it works but i take 81mg chewable aspirin a day in the week leading up to my donation, and drink a ton of water, so much I am constantly pissing. Keeps me under the max. Although once I started a little late and came in 0.2 over, thankfully they let me donate anyways

So all the commercials I’ve been seeing saying there’s such high demand for blood right, yet, they ask you to wait for 3 weeks? AND, they turn you down if your blood is too thick?! What kind of shit is that

In the early 2000s I could walk in to the local Red Cross office with no appointment, donate and be out in about 40 minutes, less if I skipped the rest period. Now it takes at least 90 minutes, I can't donate without an appointment, and I can't give blood on plasma days. That's no way to run a business.

Do it your self. Seriously, it’s not that hard. I’ve done it using a water bottle, of course you need to take a few precautions. At normal, my levels run at the upper limit and this was before I had a contact who is a phlebotomist. But, I’ve done it a couple times when going is an inconvenience.

I am originally from ASF and may have posted pix or a video. Can’t remember, it’s been a while.

LowT

Do it your self. Seriously, it’s not that hard. I’ve done it using a water bottle, of course you need to take a few precautions. At normal, my levels run at the upper limit and this was before I had a contact who is a phlebotomist. But, I’ve done it a couple times when going is an inconvenience.

I am originally from ASF and may have posted pix or a video. Can’t remember, it’s been a while.

LowT
Same I've used water bottles with a 18guage pin and recently grabbed the actual phlebotomy kit with the harpoon attached to a bag. If I can't get in I'll do it myself.

It's fully booked because people are using it as a free test for COVID.

Which is completely fucked up and extremely selfish from multiple points of view.

It's fully booked because people are using it as a free test for COVID.

Which is completely fucked up and extremely selfish from multiple points of view.

^^^^^Good point!!

I never thought about it that way. I just thought it was a reaction like after a natural disaster, a hurricane. I too agree that it is fucked up. Then again, this whole situation is fucked up because people just have no common sense. I have a business and won’t begin to explain all the precautions that we take, not just to stop the spread of COVID, but to also prevent any lawsuits.

LowT

LowT

I remember that post