"Shred" cycle stacking Semaglutide, Metformin, Cardarine and MK-677

trickytricky

Just coming off a PCT after a 15 week cycle of Test E, NPP and Mast E but sitting at relatively high body weight. Next I am looking to get lean as possible, keeping as much gains from the cycle as i can.

I am thinking of 20 weeks "shred" cycle and looking at stacking 1mg Semaglutide a week and combining that with 1000mg Metformin, 20mg Cardarine and 20mg MK-677 every day for the entire 20 week period.

From the limited information it looks like Semaglutide and Metformin potentiate each other and would do the bulk of the weight loss activity. The Cardarine and Mk-677 in the stack used to keep retain the maximum muscle mass while running a calorie deficit.

Do you guys see any contraindictions in that stack or issues that may cause injury?

I have been on semaglutide, cardarine and metformin for about 6 weeks now. now real interaction issues, but I do occasionally feel like I have low blood sugar if I don't eat for hours on end, or do 2 workouts in a day. No blood sugar testing to confirm, but the symptoms go away within minutes of eating.

I've dropped 35lbs since the middle of february, but some of that was prior to starting semaglutide.

I'm glad you started a new thread for this question as it'll be easier to follow.
1.) I doubt Semaglutide @ 1mg/wk will work for 20 wks.
2.) Read same re: metformin increasing Semaglutide effectiveness. I've started 1000mg slow release am & pm.
3.) Might be a bit much Cardarine, I'm avoiding it due to new info. Replace with inj L-carnitine...?
4.)MK-677 always makes me ravenously hungry. Idk if this would be controlled on an effective Semaglutide dose, but I doubt on your layout it would be after the 1st month.
Why not hgh @ 4iu/day 5 on 2 off?
Thoughts/questions/retorts?

Post in thread 'Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)' Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

I have been on semaglutide, cardarine and metformin for about 6 weeks now. now real interaction issues, but I do occasionally feel like I have low blood sugar if I don't eat for hours on end, or do 2 workouts in a day. No blood sugar testing to confirm, but the symptoms go away within minutes of eating.

I've dropped 35lbs since the middle of february, but some of that was prior to starting semaglutide.

35lb weight loss in ~1 month is beast mode man congrats!

Also good to here its tolerable.

35lb weight loss in ~1 month is beast mode man congrats!

Also good to here its tolerable.
That first 4 weeks of sema was hard to eat anything at all. I would start a meal, have a few bites and feel like I was so full it was going to make me sick. The first week was 500mcg, followed by 750mcg for the next 4 weeks. I don't know if it's me, or maybe the brand I bought, but week 4 at 750, my appetite came back and it's not as easy to sit in such a low deficit anymore. I've tried increasing to 1mg and 1.25mg and it's still not nearly as impressive as that first 4 weeks.

Thank you though! I had 3 months of minimal activity due to injury, so when I got the clear to start working out again, I went back hard lol

The Cardarine and Mk-677 in the stack used to keep retain the maximum muscle mass while running a calorie deficit.
Neither of those things will work to spare muscle mass while in a deficit. And MK has one side effect that is damn near universal: massive appetite increase. Are you 100% sure you want to increase your appetite while taking semaglutide to reduce your appetite?

I'm glad you started a new thread for this question as it'll be easier to follow.

Thoughts/questions/retorts?

Post in thread 'Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)' Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

1) instead of 1mg Semaglutide for the entire 20 weeks, you thinking start at 1mg and pyramid the dosage it up to 2.4mg incrementally through out the cycle? and another alternative?

2) re Metformin.. did you start at 1g a day and ramp it up or start at 2mg split am/pm

3) Fair call on the Cardarine, might drop down to 10mg a day. Definitely adding some L-carnitine injections aftre reading up on it. Thats a great find

4) I have had a good two year break from MK-677 but the memories of insatible hunger did come flooding back :D Will swap the MK-677 for 4-5iu of HGH a day over the 20 weeks. What is the theory behind a 5 on 2 off schedule for HGH dosing instead of running ED?

What is everyone thinking about l-carnitine injection dosage?

Re Semaglutide

Consensus seems to be start low 0.25mg and pyramid up to 1mg incrementally over the cycle.

Glad I asked for feedback before going max power :D haha

Use the same dosing strategy that Pharma uses. Start at 0.25mg/wk for 4 weeks, 0.5mg/wk for 4 weeks, 1mg/wk for the next 4 weeks and you're hopefully finished by then.
The first week was 500mcg, followed by 750mcg for the next 4 weeks. I don't know if it's me, or maybe the brand I bought, but week 4 at 750, my appetite came back and it's not as easy to sit in such a low deficit anymore. I've tried increasing to 1mg and 1.25mg

Re Semaglutide

Consensus seems to be start low 0.25mg and pyramid up to 1mg incrementally over the cycle.

Glad I asked for feedback before going max power :D haha
Didn't have any effect in first 3 days at 250mcg, so I added another 250. Same thing happened again the following week with 500mcg, didn't have an effect, so I increased. 750 was fine for a few weeks, but then lost it's effect

Metformin makes absolutely no sense in this combination. It will very likely hinder you from keeping gains in a deficit.

Same for Mk-677 in a diet.

Metformin makes absolutely no sense in this combination. It will very likely hinder you from keeping gains in a deficit.

Same for Mk-677 in a diet.
Definitely will increase ampk, maybe take it as far away from lifting as possible (?).
If you are wanting to "shred" it's a great tool especially with semaglutide.
In addition to semaglutide, I've adding Yohimbine/EGCg/Aspirin x2/day and am liking it.

Definitely will increase ampk, maybe take it as far away from lifting as possible (?).
If you are wanting to "shred" it's a great tool especially with semaglutide.
Well, this is probably very opinion based on my side so I will try to explain: what you said is the reason I dont see any benefit in taking metformin in a cutting phase. 1) he is cutting and already reducing carbs week by week, 2) he is using semaglutide which improves insulin sensitivity even further and has a ton of other benefits that are comparable to metformin, 3) metformin can downregulate mTOR.

So yeah, it can be used but I personally see no real benefit in this case.

So yeah, it can be used but I personally see no real benefit in this case.
I do understand and what you are saying is something to keep in mind.
I guess it's priority driven, maximizing fat loss will result in the most muscle loss. Metformin does manipulate the mTOR/AMPK signaling. Idk to what extent, we do read about BB's using metformin & still making gains but it's nothing I have actual knowledge of (which is the basis of broscience, eh?).