Somatrogon (NGENLA) Test Run

I dont see how that could be the case. 10mg Ngenla per week would be equivalent to 10 ÷ 7 = 1.42iu/day. That does depend on the half live though. I'm not saying this is fact, just saying what I think
think you meant 1.42mg/day

in IUs this would be 4.26iu/day, although I don't know if the new long acting GH scales the same way as tradition rHGH would on a iu/mg basis.

think you meant 1.42mg/day

in IUs this would be 4.26iu/day, although I don't know if the new long acting GH scales the same way as tradition rHGH would on a iu/mg basis.
Yeah, thats the golden question. I'm sure we'll all find that out at some point since Ngenla seems to be getting lots of attention. Its still early days. I predict, that at somepoint, we'll all have access to Ngenla from vendors such as QSC.

*oh yeah. I didnt read it as 10mg, but rather 10ius. So yeah, 10mg x3 = 30iu. 30iu/7 days = 4.28ius/day.

We dont know if it add up like that though.

Yeah, thats the golden question. I'm sure we'll all find that out at some point since Ngenla seems to be getting lots of attention. Its still early days. I predict, that at somepoint, we'll all have access to Ngenla from vendors such as QSC.

*oh yeah. I didnt read it as 10mg, but rather 10ius. So yeah, 10mg x3 = 30iu. 30iu/7 days = 4.28ius/day.

We dont know if it add up like that though.
the more bloodwork that comes in, the better the information we'll have.

Bloodwork can still be tricky though because IGF-1 levels can vary for a multiple of reasons, and responses to the drug will vary greatly from person to person so the best data would come from a person thats doing very frequent bloodwork and chronologically tracking the changes.

even GH serum levels could vary a lot with NGENLA because it has a wide window in which it peaks.

- Subq administration -- serum levels peaked within 6 to 25 hours, with a median of 11 hours
- IGF 1 levels peak about 48 hours after the dose. Average weekly IGF occurring 4 days post dose.
- Estimated half life 37.7 hours
- Elimination life of 8 days post dose

-A weekly dose of NGENLA at 0.66 mg/kg or
-A daily dose of somatropin at 0.034 mg/kg (corresponding to 0.238 mg/kg per week.

resulted in comparable outcomes in adolescents. Extrapolating from the above, we can say that:

To emulate the results of 5IU of GH per day (~12mg GH per week), you would need (0.66/0.238)*12 = 33.27mg NGENLA per week. So roughly half a pen per week.

Needless to say, GH is much cheaper to run. It has a better safety profile, too. If you really hate pinning yourself, or if you need to travel and can't bring your GH, then sure, take some NGENLA. For everyone else GH reins supreme.

the more bloodwork that comes in, the better the information we'll have.

Bloodwork can still be tricky though because IGF-1 levels can vary for a multiple of reasons, and responses to the drug will vary greatly from person to person so the best data would come from a person thats doing very frequent bloodwork and chronologically tracking the changes.

even GH serum levels could vary a lot with NGENLA because it has a wide window in which it peaks.

- Subq administration -- serum levels peaked within 6 to 25 hours, with a median of 11 hours
- IGF 1 levels peak about 48 hours after the dose. Average weekly IGF occurring 4 days post dose.
- Estimated half life 37.7 hours
- Elimination life of 8 days post dose
Agreed.

I think the best way to answer our questions would be investigating any patents or administration guidelines provided to doctors by the pharmaceutical company (Pfizer I assume). I'm sure those exist somewhere, but we dont know exactly how hard it would be to access those.

We can try to tear the pharmakinetics of Ngelna apart ourselves through anecdotal experiences or a series of blood tests, but I think it would take too long to build up a comprehensive data base and it would be ridden with inaccuracies anyways due to the infinite number of controll variables we have no influence over.

We might have to wait until more scientific literature is published or until Pfizer releases their research and clinical studies.

-A daily dose of somatropin at 0.034 mg/kg (corresponding to 0.238 mg/kg per week.

resulted in comparable outcomes in adolescents. Extrapolating from the above, we can say that:

To emulate the results of 5IU of GH per day (~12mg GH per week), you would need (0.66/0.238)*12 = 33.27mg NGENLA per week. So roughly half a pen per week.

Needless to say, GH is much cheaper to run. It has a better safety profile, too. If you really hate pinning yourself, or if you need to travel and can't bring your GH, then sure, take some NGENLA. For everyone else GH reins supreme.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I find that really hard to get my head around.

For a 100kg individual, the daily GH dosage for a week is 0.034 x100kg x7 x3 = 71.4ius per week.

For a 100kg individual, the weekly Ngenla dosage for a week is 0.66 x100kg x3 = 198ius per week??

Why would Ngenla need to be dosed x2.77 more than GH?

do you have the link for this data? I know where you got the .66mg/kg from. Whered you get the somatropin data?

so basically theres a multiplier of 2.77

such that 2.77mg of ngenla is the equivalent of 1mg (3iu) of rHGH

yeah that doesn't seem very cost efficient, not to mention the increase in insulin resistance from the long half life

*"Why would Ngenla need to be dosed x2.77 more than GH?"*

The only reason I can hypothesise is that Ngenla has some form of "ester" attached to it which slows its release into the blood.

Now if Ngenla had some form of ester(s), the molecular weight of those esters would need to be taken into consideration. Ngenla might not be 100% pure GH. Like how 100mg Testosterone Cypionate is only 72mg pure testosterone because 28mg is the cypionate ester!

Now, IF thats the case, how much pure GH is there in a given quantity of Ngenla?!

do you have the link for this data? I know where you got the .66mg/kg from. Whered you get the somatropin data?

yeah that doesn't seem very cost efficient, not to mention the increase in insulin resistance from the long half life

You do have to consider, according to a quick search, A 100iu kit of GH would go for $1000 - $1500 in the 1990s. Today, many of us are buying kits GH for $55 each.

*"Why would Ngenla need to be dosed x2.77 more than GH?"*

The only reason I can hypothesise is that Ngenla has some form of "ester" attached to it which slows its release into the blood.

Now if Ngenla had some form of ester(s), the molecular weight of those esters would need to be taken into consideration. Ngenla might not be 100% pure GH. Like how 100mg Testosterone Cypionate is only 72mg pure testosterone because 28mg is the cypionate ester!

Now, IF thats the case, how much pure GH is there in a given quantity of Ngenla?!
How about you look at the wikipedia page of Somatrogon before spouting nonsense? Considering also your retarded attempt at a calculation on the last page, I suggest you take a back seat on this one.

How about you look at the wikipedia page of Somatrogon before spouting nonsense? Considering also your retarded attempt at a calculation on the last page, I suggest you take a back seat on this one.
I already have buddy. Weeks ago. Ngenla is fairly new, it must be getting updated with new info

Edit:
Nope, just checked. The page is as empty and general as the last time I checked it.

So please, show me where on wiki does anything contradict what I've said?

Your explaination for why Ngenla needs to be dosed higher is "becuz pharmacology".

My hypoethesis for why Ngenla needs to be dosed higher is a lot more comprehensive than yours and i'm fairly confident in it.

Last edited: