STOCK UP: Don't say you weren't warned! (US)

That's all about to change.

In anticipation of new legislation to revamp de minimus, they've been laying the groundwork to build the capacity to inspect every parcel coming into the country.

No more skipped inspections.
This will NEVER happen. From a person that has actually done investigations, we just don’t have the methodology, resources, or funding for such an endeavor.

Right now we “scan” (Border Patrol verbiage”) less than 4% of containers. Note the word “search” is not used. I believe the percentage of searched containers is .01%.

This will NEVER happen. From a person that has actually done investigations, we just don’t have the methodology, resources, or funding for such an endeavor.

Right now we “scan” (Border Patrol verbiage”) less than 4% of containers. Note the word “search” is not used. I believe the percentage of searched containers is .01%.
I really hope you are right

There is only one major problem with your theory. Both political parties are committed to open borders. If this happens, China will ship to Mexico and raws will get "smuggled" across the border will all the other drugs.

In the 90's, we'd literally send cash in a birthday card to some weird anon online source and just wait. Sometimes, gear came in the mail a few months later.

Sure it was better than paying 10x from someone local but the risk of losing money was also 10x (or at least the fear of losing money, because even though I only did it a few times, iirc gear always came).
we used to travel every few months from Nor cal to ensanada mexico and just take the risk of getting pinched by the mexican police with our backpack full of gear lol