TAKE A BREAK

200mg of testosterone a week has bad effects on your heart.

Love them premise of the post but don’t agree with this. I don’t think we can just make blanket statements like this.

I’d agree more with super physiological levels of testosterone being bad for your heart..

Great sentiment, but if you are over 40, overweight and have no energy to juggle between work, family life and the gym which led to your situation in the first place, how do you expect to go about this naturally?

I'm not making excuses, but isn't trt designed for you to optimize your hormonal health in order to make your journey to healthier well-being effectively and efficiently? So, to suggest that you can do this naturally is kinda frustrating to some folks.

Endocrinologist and urologist are backwards on their approach already and their protocols are already out of date, I think our goal here is to provide proven anecdotal evidence so folks don't have to experiment on themselves.
Fair. I’m 28, so I wouldn’t know how much harder it is at that age to keep my waist size down and whatnot. That said, I do think most Americans in general stand to optimize their diet more which will slim their body fat down, and this certainly includes a big portion of lifters and people on trt

Love them premise of the post but don’t agree with this. I don’t think we can just make blanket statements like this.

I’d agree more with super physiological levels of testosterone being bad for your heart..
Even the very upper cusp of normal in the long run is likely bad for someone not going through puberty

Let me see if I can find my online report of my cardiac mri after using and abusing gear since 16 years old and what my heart was when I finally got it checked . Then now finally changing my habits and getting off gear and just now after 2 years of getting on a trt dose has my heart slowly changed back to normal. Scary shit man.

Edit: here they are. 1st two images are 2018. Only being on 400 test after years of blasting and cruising not taking healthy steps to reduce sides and no cardio.

Second 2 pictures are from 2020 while running 25mg Ed of tren ace. Take note of the measurements of the weight and size of the heart.
Wow. So for you cruising did in fact reverse cardiac pathologies from gear. Cruising rather than coming off. Did you ever come off for an extended period of time?

Wow. So for you cruising did in fact reverse cardiac pathologies from gear. Cruising rather than coming off. Did you ever come off for an extended period of time?
Ive been off everything for the last 2 years to get mh fertility back. Now I’m on my second week of 200mg to do a cut then I’m going to run a cycle over the winter and Cruise till summer

Did you disagree with this thinking it was just my opinion, or did you actually look at the changes in the study from a mere 4 shots at 200mg a week? It changed things, and not for the better. It was a blinded study, with a control group receiving a placebo and another group receiving nandrolone. Nobody knew who was getting what.

Let me see if I can find my online report of my cardiac mri after using and abusing gear since 16 years old and what my heart was when I finally got it checked . Then now finally changing my habits and getting off gear and just now after 2 years of getting on a trt dose has my heart slowly changed back to normal. Scary shit man.

Edit: here they are. 1st two images are 2018. Only being on 400 test after years of blasting and cruising not taking healthy steps to reduce sides and no cardio.

Second 2 pictures are from 2020 while running 25mg Ed of tren ace. Take note of the measurements of the weight and size of the heart.

Now for fun let’s take a look at people who smoked cigarettes and gear such as myself stupidly. This was on no hormones at all and smoking a pack a day of cigarettes.

As of today I have not smoked for 6 months and my last echo has my ejection fraction back to 64% with everything innnormal range and a resting hr of 70. Taking 2.5mg nebivolol and 5mg Ramipril.

Ive been off everything for the last 2 years to get mh fertility back. Now I’m on my second week of 200mg to do a cut then I’m going to run a cycle over the winter and Cruise till summer

The 65% EF is not shown in the attachments, or am I missing it?

You mentioned
just now after 2 years of getting on a trt dose has my heart slowly changed back to normal

in the first post. Could you tell us a little more about your situation? What was a "trt dose" in your case? I see nebivolol and Ramipril. Did you make any other changes? If so, what? Bodyweight? Cardio exercise?

What made you get the first set of tests?

Is cardiac MRI a common test? I only see echocardiogram and calcium screening usually.

Sorry for all the questions, but you raised a lot of curiosity in me, and I bet others here would like to learn from your experience, too.

Did you disagree with this thinking it was just my opinion, or did you actually look at the changes in the study from a mere 4 shots at 200mg a week? It changed things, and not for the better. It was a blinded study, with a control group receiving a placebo and another group receiving nandrolone. Nobody knew who was getting what.

One study with an extremely small test group.. I don’t take that as gospel.

I stand by what I said. “X amount of test is bad” is hardly valid. I do whole heartedly agree that high levels of testosterone isn’t conducive to health. I think that level is different for most.

One study with an extremely small test group.. I don’t take that as gospel.

I stand by what I said. “X amount of test is bad” is hardly valid. I do whole heartedly agree that high levels of testosterone isn’t conducive to health. I think that level is different for most.
Nor should you take one study as gospel. The review in the original link is, however, a review of the literature, of which I quoted one small part involving that one study, because I thought it relevant for the discussion here. By all means please read the rest of it.

But don't just post "I disagree." If you have some counter-evidence, provide it.

Do you have studies showing something different for cardiac modeling on 200mg a week of testosterone? I would like to read it, please. It would be relevant for the discussion here, which is, TAKE A BREAK. I think we all agree breaks are needed for health.

Only evidence can show what is really a break.

Guy doing 1200 mg of test, 600 Deca, 600 primo, for 20 weeks.

Now he is going to take a break. Hey, @Fattyone, what do you think I should do for the next 8-12 weeks? I was thinking of taking a break. What do you suggest, and why do you suggest it? This asshole malfeasance says I should do only 100mg a week for 8 weeks and then run blood tests. What do you say I should do, and, more importantly, why?

Last edited:
Now he is going to take a break. Hey, @Fattyone, what do you think I should do for the next 8-12 weeks? I was thinking of taking a break. What do you suggest, and why do you suggest it? This asshole killjoy malfeasance says I should do only 100mg a week for 8 weeks and then run blood tests. What do you say I should do, and, more importantly, why?

I would never tell someone to take a break for health and use 100mg/wk of test only. That’s stupid.

I would also recommend longer than 8 weeks of said break.

Also I did go back and try and read it again (the link) and it won’t open for me and idk why. I’ve got another study/paper/article from that same website open on a different tab and when ever I click yours, it just takes me to that.

I’ve got some labs I’d like you to look at but labcorp is down until 9pm eastern time for maintenance apparently

I would never tell someone to take a break for health and use 100mg/wk of test only. That’s stupid.

I would also recommend longer than 8 weeks of said break.

Also I did go back and try and read it again (the link) and it won’t open for me and idk why. I’ve got another study/paper/article from that same website open on a different tab and when ever I click yours, it just takes me to that.
Ok, so it's "stupid." Why?

Longer than 8 weeks. Got it. Do what longer than 8 weeks?

We know what you would not tell him, because it is "stupid." But we do not know what you would tell him to do. So, well, what?

PS - I am no break right now at 100mg a week. Why am I stupid?

I have taken extended (longer than 8 weeks, more like a year) breaks at 100mg a week. I want to know why I am stupid.

Ok, so it's "stupid." Why?

Because I’m not a doctor. I haven’t seen his blood work. I have no fucking idea what 100mg/wk of test puts him at. What if that puts him at 1100? What if that puts him at 200? (Talking total here). What if 100mg puts him at 450 Total T, which is mid range, but his free T is waaaay over. Now what? Doesn’t matter because he’s under 200mg week?
Longer than 8 weeks. Got it. Do what longer than 8 weeks?

To sit at a level that is apparently healthy and in range and let’s all other health markers return to normal.

“200mg and your heart will grow out of its chest. 175mg and you will be extra save and have no issues!”

PS - I am no break right now at 100mg a week. Why am I stupid?

You’re either so narcissistic that you think you are the standard for the world and we all closely mimic you and your greatness, or you aren’t understanding what I’m trying to say.

Now for fun let’s take a look at people who smoked cigarettes and gear such as myself stupidly. This was on no hormones at all and smoking a pack a day of cigarettes.

As of today I have not smoked for 6 months and my last echo has my ejection fraction back to 64% with everything innnormal range and a resting hr of 70. Taking 2.5mg nebivolol and 5mg Ramipril.
Respect for irl bloodiest and experience. Thank you for posting.

Honest question, so what did you tell your doc if your levels drop to 5 ng/dl again on your blood test? You're taking a break?

BTW I don't have a problem taking a break from trt/cruise I stopped cold turkey for almost 4 months when my hct/hemoglobin rose after a blast. I can deal with the symptoms of low T, but I don't want to lose my prescription because I am not following doctor's direction.

@malfeasance

Honest question, so what did you tell your doc if your levels drop to 5 ng/dl again on your blood test? You're taking a break?

BTW I don't have a problem taking a break from trt/cruise I stopped cold turkey for almost 4 months when my hct/hemoglobin rose after a blast. I can deal with the symptoms of low T, but I don't want to lose my prescription because I am not following doctor's direction.

@malfeasance
My break is at 100mg a week, and my test levels do not drop to 5 ng/dl, so I am not sure what to tell you. And my high HCT/hemoglobin also went down into the normal range.

You’re either so narcissistic that you think you are the standard for the world and we all closely mimic you and your greatness, or you aren’t understanding what I’m trying to say.
I am glad that you spotted the entire purpose of this thread. Going back and reading from the first post, even the title, it is clear that this is about nothing more than my narcissism, and, of course, my greatness, which you should all closely mimic.

;)