Take Two

Velzy

I feel like I didn't introduce myself adequately in my initial post. I've been lurking for a few days reading the 85+ pages of Giant Semaglutide Thread and I am so grateful for everyone's participation that I wanted to do a better intro post. Most of my life I have had physically demanding jobs, so I liked the way I looked. and I could stay fit easily. After turning 45 the weight started hanging on. Fast forward a bit, my workouts weren't getting me where I wanted to be, personal trainers improved my cardio but I didn't see the results we were aiming for, took natural chef courses and even taught at the school after graduation, tried different eating/tracking routines, tried HGH a couple times.... and finally, a kind person helped me find this route (here) which I'm new to. I'm researching and appreciate all the shared experiences and data shared here. Current goals are to lose body fat and then work on my gains. The body fat gained over the last 10+ years is ridiculous and I'm ready to step out of my comfort zone and explore GLP-1 and GIP to add to my routine. Hope I abbreviated those correctly. Cheers!

Well your life is your life I'm not to say. But a small amount of activity with a proper food intake gets most people to where they want to be. There are exceptions to every rule. But once you jump onto the chemical train for weightloss it is downhill not toward your goals.
There are nutrician experts here just as there are labs here. There are exercise experts too and chemical reps. Choose wisely.

Hi

Well your life is your life I'm not to say. But a small amount of activity with a proper food intake gets most people to where they want to be. There are exceptions to every rule. But once you jump onto the chemical train for weightloss it is downhill not toward your goals.
There are nutrician experts here just as there are labs here. There are exercise experts too and chemical reps. Choose wisely.

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I feel like I’m active. My job alone gets me 30k-50k steps a day while doing lifting and other physical work. I’ve tracked my food intake and worked with multiple trainers. I’ve really tried reaching my goals for a while now, over 10 years. When I had good insurance, I worked with doctors and ended up at an endocrinologist doing all kinds of tests as they were stumped too. I never feel full when I should. One doctor thought my stomach acid was lacking, another thought it was something with my cortisol release timing…Over the last couple decades my weight has gone up 40 pounds and contrary to my sweet Mom, it’s not all muscle Coming here was not my first choice. I’ve tried doctors, I’ve educated myself on nutrition, the best improvements I’ve had were from lifting/weights which has led me here. This journey has been over decades, not because I saw a tik tok or a cool Reddit post.

Welcome to MESO! I think you will find a lot of people like the lifting/weights here too. Whether it's weightlifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, picking up heavy stuff and pushing it around is a big part of the answer to whatever we are seeking. There's definitely a bias towards bodybuilding for physical appearance's sake but there's a lot of solid info here to apply to whatever your goals are.

The fact that you're trained as a chef is pretty cool. Making healthy high-protein foods really helps as nutrition is of crucial importance. Maybe you could share some of your creations in threads like this --> What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Welcome to MESO! I think you will find a lot of people like the lifting/weights here too. Whether it's weightlifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, picking up heavy stuff and pushing it around is a big part of the answer to whatever we are seeking. There's definitely a bias towards bodybuilding for physical appearance's sake but there's a lot of solid info here to apply to whatever your goals are.

The fact that you're trained as a chef is pretty cool. Making healthy high-protein foods really helps as nutrition is of crucial importance. Maybe you could share some of your creations in threads like this --> What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....
Thank you! Yes I'll definitely head over there.

I feel like I didn't introduce myself adequately in my initial post. I've been lurking for a few days reading the 85+ pages of Giant Semaglutide Thread and I am so grateful for everyone's participation that I wanted to do a better intro post. Most of my life I have had physically demanding jobs, so I liked the way I looked. and I could stay fit easily. After turning 45 the weight started hanging on. Fast forward a bit, my workouts weren't getting me where I wanted to be, personal trainers improved my cardio but I didn't see the results we were aiming for, took natural chef courses and even taught at the school after graduation, tried different eating/tracking routines, tried HGH a couple times.... and finally, a kind person helped me find this route (here) which I'm new to. I'm researching and appreciate all the shared experiences and data shared here. Current goals are to lose body fat and then work on my gains. The body fat gained over the last 10+ years is ridiculous and I'm ready to step out of my comfort zone and explore GLP-1 and GIP to add to my routine. Hope I abbreviated those correctly. Cheers!
The GLP-1’s have been a game changer for me. I am type II diabetic and have struggled with my weight for the last ten years. You have to put the work in anytime you lose body fat, but the medication makes the mental food cravings so much more bearable. Also my A1C and labs have been much better with GLP1 and Metformin. Have lost over 20lbs in the past 4 months. Starting to see abs again!

The weight loss is dramatic in the beginning but slows over time.