Terrible low back pain

KingLeon

Pain

Hello everyone,

I have got some pain in my lower back since 9 months. I do feel it in my lumbars not spine (feels like that) up to my upper glutes, itDoes not radiate down my legs and lower back feels stiff as fuck. The 4 first months could not afford the sneeze. The pain was terrible. Now it is better however, I cannot deadlift even my 30% if my max. I get super shaky and bar does not get up while getting that pain. I can squat my 80% ok. However I get thr pain when I rack the weight back. I can do hyperextension/ Reverse hypers with a pain 3/10 i can goodmorning as well and do the arch in the Bench press without any problem. I can't Rdl or do any kind of desdlift not even sumo deadlift. Can't figure out the pain and strength did not improve at all. Any idea? Mri/x-ray and ultrasound are super expensive where I live.

Pain

Hello everyone,

I have got some pain in my lower back since 9 months. I do feel it in my lumbars not spine (feels like that) up to my upper glutes, itDoes not radiate down my legs and lower back feels stiff as fuck. The 4 first months could not afford the sneeze. The pain was terrible. Now it is better however, I cannot deadlift even my 30% if my max. I get super shaky and bar does not get up while getting that pain. I can squat my 80% ok. However I get thr pain when I rack the weight back. I can do hyperextension/ Reverse hypers with a pain 3/10 i can goodmorning as well and do the arch in the Bench press without any problem. I can't Rdl or do any kind of desdlift not even sumo deadlift. Can't figure out the pain and strength did not improve at all. Any idea? Mri/x-ray and ultrasound are super expensive where I live.
You need to see a doctor bro

Pain

Hello everyone,

I have serious issues with my back: Spondylolisthesis at L5; four (4) herniated discs from the L5 and up; stenosis all over; thoracular levoscoliosis.

About 15 years ago, I started having pain and didn't see a doctor... it would go away with ibuprofen. Playing hard-core tennis one day, I really hurt my back... pushed through it and kept playing through the pain. The next day I couldn't walk. Being stubborn, I didn't see a doctor... even though a have fabulous health insurance... I thought "I'm tough and it will heal..." for over a year. I thought it was something just with muscle strain. It didn't heal and the pain never went away. Finally, broke down and went to the doctor. Actually, I went to a couple of doctors, because the first two were more interested in saving the insurance money than helping me. Anyway, turns out what caused the pain was not only muscle strain, but, spondylolisthesis. That was the main problem.

I guess the message I'm trying to convey is: definitely see a doctor, as @BuildABro has suggested. You don't know how bad it is, and if you dont know you can make things way worse. I could have prevented mine. Spend the money... spend whatever it is for the MRI or whatever. You're going to need your back alot.

Note: usually most of those problems I listed can be seen with an x-ray. At least get in e
x-ray... shouldn't cost much.

Pain

Hello everyone,

It sounds like it could be herniated/bulging discs.
Go to a&e with someone and tell them you can barely walk/stand up straight.
Just milk it a bit to make sure they see you.
They will do something, they cannot just send you away.
You need an MRI, imo.
That will show the state of your spine in the most accurate way.
Stop doing them deadlifts, goodmornings, i would avoid putting any weight on your shoulders like for back squats.
You seriously need to know how bad it actually is.
Look at McGill stuff but really, get imaging, first

You scared me guys really as poor as I am, I will try to do something. Ultrasounds maybe because it is a bit cheaper?

How to know if this shit is muscular/joints or some kinda bone ?
#1: Doctor exam - they can determine if its just soft tissue (inexpensive = Free, $50 to $200);
#2: X-Ray - the doctor will most certainly order x-ray, can determine severe problem(s) with bones (inexpensive = Free, $50 to $200);
#3: MRI - if the exam and x-ray are not conclusive, can see, for example, the size of the opening within vertebrae and nerves (expensive = $1000+).
* It may be possible, but I've never had an ultrasound ordered for my back problems.
** You will get an adequate diagnosis from just the exam and x-ray, and it will keep your costs low.
*** You'll be really poor if you get injured and can't work.
#4: Wait for @Ghoul to respond :)

Having suffered with back pain after an injury at 20, multiple car accidents compounding the issue, through every mode of medical treatment, walking out after learning what a "pain clinic" really was from the dull faces of the drug addicts in the waiting room, barely escaping the permanently crippling "common" surgeries that were insisted as being the only option, and finally landing in the hands of one of the world's leading neurosurgeons as the subject of a clinical trial surgery with a large audience, and then finding complete relief after 25 years I think I have a pretty good view of the entire miserable "back pain" industrial medical complex.

But first, are you in the US or somewhere else?

Having suffered with back pain after an injury at 20, multiple car accidents compounding the issue, through every mode of medical treatment, barely escaping the permanently crippling "common" surgeries that were insisted as being the only option, and finally landing in the hands of one of the world's leading neurosurgeons as the subject of a clinical trial surgery with a large audience, and then finding complete relief after 25 years I think I have a pretty good view of the entire miserable "back pain" industrial medical complex.

But first, are you in the US or somewhere else?

Hello.
What are you doing here?
As you can see above, I didn't even tag you.
It's a mystery...

We have found something in common: a messed up spine due to car accidents.

Yay. Just when I was about to give up hope of finding common ground with you.
Chuffed to bits.
But do you have scars, too?

Hello.
What are you doing here?
As you can see above, I didn't even tag you.
It's a mystery...

We have found something in common: a messed up spine due to car accidents.

Yay. Just when I was about to give up hope of finding common ground with you.
Chuffed to bits.
But do you have scars, too?

Only a faded inch wide trophy on my neck from the above referenced experimental (at the time) 30 minute procedure that rebuilt my cervical spine and had me walking out for lunch a few hours later.

I consider it a reminder of how I saved my own life by taking a wildly different path other surgeons literally suggested was crazy.

Sometimes I just tell people it was a knife I took in the neck while strangling a mugger to death.

Bro (ghoul ) i am already scared and now you made way more...

The pain I am feeling fuckin weird how can I squat heavy but can't deadlift a pound ? I mean I can goodmornjng/hyperextension.... but can't deadlift any variation... I can sneeze at least pain-free now. Haha
What maneuver did you do to recover ? The only I did (which dumb and I crazy is taking prednisolone 30mg for 2 months and then weeks later taking cerebrex for 10 days)

I am going to follow bigmojo advice which is I guess the wisest idea toa ss myself

Bro (ghoul ) i am already scared and now you made way more...

The pain I am feeling fuckin weird how can I squat heavy but can't deadlift a pound ? I mean I can goodmornjng/hyperextension.... but can't deadlift any variation... I can sneeze at least pain-free now. Haha
What maneuver did you do to recover ? The only I did (which dumb and I crazy is taking prednisolone 30mg for 2 months and then weeks later taking cerebrex for 10 days)

I am going to follow bigmojo advice which is I guess the wisest idea toa ss myself

Take a breath and answer my first question. What country do you live in.

Permanent back pain is actually extremely. rare when there's no associated neuropathy (pain extending into the arms or legs).

Because the load and the loading pattern are different. If you relay these observations to a capable person, you can help zeroing in on the issue and/or add plausibility to any diagnosis.

Right now I am in France. I do not know when but soon enough I will be in orange county California ( where I can't probably do a shit. If France is expensive, California is for the rich ) or somewhere in North Africa.

After reading about what you wrote (the permanent bwck pain ..) I feel relieve quite a bit.

@b3n they both use posterior chain (pain in the lumbars again and does not radiate) I feel it when I initiate the mouvement from the very start I get the excruciating feeling!!

Right now I am in France. I do not know when but soon enough I will be in orange county California ( where I can't probably do a shit. If France is expensive, California is for the rich ) or somewhere in North Africa.

After reading about what you wrote (the permanent bwck pain ..) I feel relieve quite a bit.

@b3n they both use posterior chain (pain in the lumbars again and does not radiate) I feel it when I initiate the mouvement from the very start I get the excruciating feeling!!

Although I think it's probably soft tissue related, if I were in your position I'd want imaging to be sure.

Are you seeing a doctor, anywhere? You'll need a prescription for x-ray or mri, even if it's from a French Dr.

If not, you can get a prescription for about $50 online in the US, and another $50 for them to interpret the results,

In Orange County, the cheapest place offering a spine X-Ray is $79. A lower spine MRI is $350, for those paying by cash. This would be through MDsave.com

Does this sound like an option for you?

Yes, they do use the posterior chain, but have different mechanics/activation patterns, which is why the deadlift is usually stronger than the squat.

If you hand your observation
I cannot deadlift even my 30% if my max.
I can squat my 80% ok.
to a capable person, you can help him zeroing in on the issue or add plausibility to a diagnosis, based on this.

Back