The smith machine needs to die

TomGlass

Why are there smith machines in gyms? I fucking hate smith machines, they are the Plymouth Prowlers of the gym world but for some god forsaken reason they are still around...I wish they would just die off and go away like the prowler only to be kept alive in conversation. Hey remember the Plymouth Prowler?? Haha yeah those were so fucking stupid... now re-frase that with "smith machine" doesn't that just sound like a world you'd want live in?

Here is an article explaining why the ugly Prowler was an epic fail and the reasons sound oddly familiar. God please kill the smith machine

Attachments

• Exhibit A.jpg
    Exhibit A.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 20
Why are there smith machines in gyms? I fucking hate smith machines, they are the Plymouth Prowlers of the gym world but for some god forsaken reason they are still around...I wish they would just die off and go away like the prowler only to be kept alive in conversation. Hey remember the Plymouth Prowler?? Haha yeah those were so fucking stupid... now re-frase that with "smith machine" doesn't that just sound like a world you'd want live in?

Here is an article explaining why the ugly Prowler was an epic fail and the reasons sound oddly familiar. God please kill the smith machine

You sir have offended me. I use that machine 3-4x a week - incline bench, military press, also for some leg exercises.

I'm a little sour right now because my right knee is a little tweaked after today. It feels like the tendon above the knee. I've had it before and it went away within a week. I feel so out of place squatting in a smith machine.

Oh and its REPHRASE. sorry I was silently heated rage typing

Last edited:
I own one and use it quite a lot. Love it.

I would never use it for a squat. Ever.
That’s what girls do and they use it really really weird.

I'm a little sour right now because my right knee is a little tweaked after today. It feels like the tendon above the knee. I've had it before and it went away within a week. I feel so out of place squatting in a smith machine.

If you didn't have the smith machine, how will you do leg day? Lol

I own one and use it quite a lot. Love it.

I would never use it for a squat. Ever.
That’s what girls do and they use it really really weird.
Well thanks it feels really really weird and I've been forcing myself to use it for squats simply because I hate it. I always tell myself this is so stupid but just do it. It doesn't feel natural to me and I can't get comfortable.

You on the BPC-157 & TB500 train yet? Couple good threads here on that if your knee is tweaking (BPC & TB worked for me, but that wasn't even why I was using them).

You on the BPC-157 & TB500 train yet? Couple good threads here on that if your knee is tweaking (BPC & TB worked for me, but that wasn't even why I was using them).
Yeah I've used it in the past with good results. I currently have a couple bottles of the nasal spray but I'm not so sure about the effectiveness.

Edit I didn't buy them, they added it to my order with MT2 because I got burnt by their previous rep.

If you didn't have the smith machine, how will you do leg day? Lol
Not sure if your calling me a girl but I don't think I've ever seen a dude do squats there now that I think about it. Iv heard if you move your feet way forward it targets hams and glutes and ngl iv been doing that. Thanks for pointing that out @Fattyone

Wellll I think that's just pictures of them trying it out cuz their buddies thought it was funny. Kinda like when my uncle used to put a wig on and chase us around the house.
If someone gave me keys to a prowler I'd definitely take it for a drive and probably even get my picture taken in it.

Back