Thyroid cancer and testosterone

JazzHump

Suspected alternate account for @Axle Labs
Recently diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer. Got surgery in a month to remove thyroid + affected lymph nodes nearby.

I've stopped HGH because I know hgh can increase growth of cancer cells. But I am still on Test. Is there a link between testosterone and cancer? I don't want to come completely off if its not needed. The ENT mentioned there's conflicting studies but didn't have a clear answer.

@Type-IIx

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis…. don’t let it get you down though… stay strong.. you will beat it…stay stress free… it helps with everything…

As for the test… if I didn’t need it and was just taking it for gains… I’d stop… but that’s just me…

If you’re actually on TRT… call your prescriber and ask what there opinions are… they know more about testosterone then ENTs…

Good luck with your surgery my friend.

Recently diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer. Got surgery in a month to remove thyroid + affected lymph nodes nearby.

I've stopped HGH because I know hgh can increase growth of cancer cells. But I am still on Test. Is there a link between testosterone and cancer? I don't want to come completely off if its not needed. The ENT mentioned there's conflicting studies but didn't have a clear answer.

@Type-IIx
I'd lean towards coming off from it because T increases IGF-I.

I'd lean towards coming off from it because T increases IGF-I.
If you get a chance can you take a look at this study?

It suggests the reason for lower incidence of thyroid cancer in males is because "androgens and/or androgen receptors play a protective role and that thyroid cancer in men represents an escape from androgen-mediated cell regulation."

Maybe I am misunderstanding this. Wouldn't this mean having low T would be worse for thyroid cancer vs. high T?

If you get a chance can you take a look at this study?

It suggests the reason for lower incidence of thyroid cancer in males is because "androgens and/or androgen receptors play a protective role and that thyroid cancer in men represents an escape from androgen-mediated cell regulation."

Maybe I am misunderstanding this. Wouldn't this mean having low T would be worse for thyroid cancer vs. high T?
Yep, it means exactly what you read it as.

I cannot give medical advice. As you can see, there is conflicting data here. I'd proceed by asking my oncologist & endocrinologist, preferably in a joint communication.