Tracking bitcoin?

We have all herd bitcoin is not secure and traceable, or atleast herd rumors or read so.ething about it. But has anyone seen or herd profe of some situation we're it has been traced and people actually got introuble due to that fact? Just curious and would like to know one way or another. It seems everyone uses it regardless. Thanks for any clarification

BTC is easily traceable and governments like the US have been able to confiscate it from other parties they thought were doing something illegal.

Nope never heard of anyone getting their bitcoin traced on this forum. Only time I’ve ever heard of it was when that New York couple hacked bitfinex for 4.5 billion.

Nowadays it doesn't make a difference if you use Bitcoin or Paypal. Your transactions can easily be tracked. Use Monero if you want to be safe. Send your Monero between a few wallets before sending it to the source.

If you are buying personal amounts, no one cares anyway.

Nowadays it doesn't make a difference if you use Bitcoin or Paypal. Your transactions can easily be tracked. Use Monero if you want to be safe. Send your Monero between a few wallets before sending it to the source.

But what if your the vendor? Has anyone heard of suppliers getting hit by way of tracing b coin? Just curious thanks for the reply

can you use any wallet? coinbase? do you recommend any?

I’m no crypto expert but I would think it would be “untraceable” as long as you have it in a wallet that doesn’t verify your identity and it would basically be stuck there until you can move it without revealing yourself. It would still be “traceable” (someone would still be able to see the funds on the blockchain, and anywhere that it’s sent thereafter) but likely wouldn’t be able to be traced to you… Most exchanges implement rules that make you verify your identity so good luck ever getting it out into the real world unless you have some sort of plan or connections.

I’m no crypto expert but I would think it would be “untraceable” as long as you have it in a wallet that doesn’t verify your identity and it would basically be stuck there until you can move it without revealing yourself. It would still be “traceable” (someone would still be able to see the funds on the blockchain, and anywhere that it’s sent thereafter) but likely wouldn’t be able to be traced to you… Most exchanges implement rules that make you verify your identity so good luck ever getting it out into the real world unless you have some sort of plan or connections.
Also, don't those blockchains charge a shit ton to transfer $? I have 400 bucks stuck in my coin base wallet. The only way to transfer it out is to buy 1-2k of Ethereum. Wtf is that all about? I love looking at it and not being able to do anything about it.

Also, don't those blockchains charge a shit ton to transfer $? I have 400 bucks stuck in my coin base wallet. The only way to transfer it out is to buy 1-2k of Ethereum. Wtf is that all about? I love looking at it and not being able to do anything about it.
I think the word you’re looking for would be “exchanges” and yes they charge their own fees on top of what the blockchain’s gas fees are.
I’m not sure why you would be charged to transfer into $$ but I’m not really familiar with coinbase. You should just be able to sell it for USD at any time and it shouldn’t charge you that much of a fee.