Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

[Thread] "I have watched ICE liberate towns from the grasp of MS-13 & clean out the toughest of situations."

Wait ... what?

Liberate towns? Whole towns? What towns? Where are these towns? When did this happen? What the hell are you talking about?

TOUCHED BY A PRESIDENT
https://claytoonz.com/2018/06/30/touched-by-a-president/

I looked up pictures of anatomically correct dolls that are used for victims of child abuse to identify where their attackers touched them. I immediately regretted it.

Can you think of anything more horrifying for a child to be put through after the experience of being abused? What probably comes close is being ripped apart from your family and your parents being forced to choose between you and being deported. Add to that, being forced to appear on your own in a court for a deportation proceeding.

According to attorneys in Washington, D.C., Texas, and California, the Trump administration is forcing children as young as three to do just that.

"We were representing a 3-year-old in court recently who had been separated from the parents. And the child — in the middle of the hearing — started climbing up on the table," said Lindsay Toczylowski, executive director of Immigrant Defenders Law Center in Los Angeles. "It really highlighted the absurdity of what we’re doing with these kids."

The director also said, "The parent might be the only one who knows why they fled from the home country, and the child is in a disadvantageous position to defend themselves."

You may get the perception that with this cartoon I am accusing the president of the United States of America of child abuse.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

cjones07042018.jpg

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 applies to taxes starting in 2018, and the first quarterly data on tax revenue are in. This graph compares current tax revenue categories with categories for the previous year. Most noticeable are a major drop in corporate tax income and the increase in taxes from production and imports. (In the latter case, both excise tax income and import duty income increased.)

These changes are actually quite impressive: -35% for corporate tax income, +16% for production and import tax income. Personal income taxes are slightly down while taxes on foreign entities follow trend. How does all this pan out in the aggregate? The thick black line reveals that overall tax receipts are down by close to 5%.

President Trump on Saturday said he asked King Salman of Saudi Arabia to increase oil production “maybe up to 2,000,000 barrels” in order to bring prices down.

“Just spoke to King Salman of Saudi Arabia and explained to him that, because of the turmoil & disfunction in Iran and Venezuela, I am asking that Saudi Arabia increase oil production, maybe up to 2,000,000 barrels, to make up the difference...Prices to high! He has agreed!” Trump tweeted.

It is rare for the U.S. to make a specific request for an output hike.

Saudi Arabia confirmed the call but not the agreement, according to the Associated Press.

“During the call, the two leaders stressed the need to make efforts to maintain the stability of oil markets and the growth of the global economy,” said a statement from the state-run Saudi Press Agency.