Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

They should start wearing sheets and pointy white hats.

"This Is Only The Beginning" - Antifa Vandalizes NYC Republican Club

2018.10.13metrorepublicanfive.JPG

Berlin is a funny place. I was there on Reunification Day in, I think, 1989 or 1990. I was touring with my friend who happened to be black, and we had come up for the weekend from Bavaria where we were working.

At one point we stopped at what we thought was a reunification celebration and wandered around the beer tents and souvenir stands. There was a ton of NAZI paraphernalia for sale as well as being worn by people in the crowd, and a lot of the young men were bald.

I thought we were going to get our asses kicked, but my friend laughed at me and ordered some food from a vendor. Then we watched some young man on a podium shouting something unintelligible over the loud speaker for almost an hour. I drank a lot of beer, and no one screwed with us the whole time.

How Berlin Forgot the Crimes of the Soviets

BERLIN – “You’d think they would have learned something. They lived with communism for 45 years. They should know what it’s like.”

We are in Berlin at a business conference. A friend was explaining why progress in human affairs comes so slowly… if at all.

“It’s almost unbelievable,” continued our friend. “We went over to see Checkpoint Charlie [one of the best-known crossings between East and West Berlin] and the Holocaust monument. There’s a huge museum there that reminds us of how bad the Nazis were. You go there and you have no doubt that they were awful.

“But the Soviets and communists are completely whitewashed. I mean, not only is there no reference to their crimes, there’s not even any hint of what was really going on. They don’t make any comparison of communists to Nazis… They seem to think that Nazis were evil, but that capitalists and communists are just two more or less equal alternatives.

“You can buy pieces of the Berlin Wall and take them home as souvenirs. But nobody is selling bits of barbed wire from Auschwitz. It would be too horrible.

“But at the old border, you can see where people dug tunnels to get from the East to the West. Nowhere is there any explanation as to why they were digging tunnels or what it was that they were trying to get away from.

“Instead, you get the impression that the wall was just put up to separate the different systems – capitalism and communism – so the capitalists wouldn’t go over and take advantage of the communists by buying their food at lower prices. No kidding; that’s one of the explanations for the wall.

“And the street names are the same over there [in East Berlin] as they were when the reds were in charge. There’s still a Karl-Marx-Allee, with a statue of him. There are statues of other communists, too. The only one that was taken down was of Stalin, which was pulled down by the communists themselves in the Khrushchev era.

“But there are no statues of Hitler or Göring in the Western part. And, of course, I’m not proposing any. They were criminals. But the communists were just as bad, or maybe even worse. Yet there’s no recognition of it.”