Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

THE AUTOCRATIC CLUB
https://claytoonz.com/2018/10/16/the-autocratic-club/

I’m seriously offended. I’ve drawn Donald Trump about a thousand times by now and the guy has never called me to pay a compliment on capturing his likeness. But, Andy Thomas, an artist in Missouri paints him once, and Trump give him a phone call telling him how much he liked it. Trump praised really liked it, and told Thomas that he normally doesn’t paintings of himself, which is kinda bizarre since he’s stolen money from charity in the past to purchase a few.

The painting, titled “The Republican Club,” has Trump surrounded by past president who are apparently in thrall of being in his presence. You’d have to be a real tasteless sycophant to want such a thing which explains why Congressman Darrell Issa bought a print to give to Trump. The print made national news Sunday night as it was seen in the background of Trump’s interview on 60 Minutes.

The painting is really cool and classy, if you’re into stuff like the dogs playing poker. It’d be funny if it was hanging in the White House ironically as a joke, except it’s not a joke. It’s there as a representation of the respect Trump believes he deserves, and the class where he thinks belongs.

Most people found the painting funny. There are only two presidents in the painting who are still alive besides Trump, and neither one of them can stand him. Eisenhower, Teddy Roosevelt, and Lincoln are seated at the table, and none of them would be members of today’s Republican party. In fact, every Republican president is in the painting, most are in the background, and I’d bet that none of them would want to be in the same room as Trump, less enough pose to be in a painting with him. Nixon is probably there just so he won’t be the most hated guy in the room for once.

Trump is drinking a Diet Coke in the painting, and apparently it’s working as he looks like he lost about 70 pounds. He also has a smile that looks more human than the one he real-life self-satisfied smile, which gives the impression he’s getting off on locking babies in prison.

The Foo Fighters hung a painting in their studio of their leader Dave Grohl sitting pompously in a fancy chair, wearing a smoking jacket, while holding a snifter of brandy and a cigar. It’s a huge joke to make fun of the guy. Dave knows it’s a joke and it’s still hanging in the studio. Only a narcissist would take it seriously. Donald Trump is taking his painting seriously.

Thomas has also done a similar painting of Obama surrounded by past Democratic presidents. I don’t think Obama hung a copy in the White House.

Thomas sells prints of the paintings from his website, and he’s a great artist in a very campy way. I’m sure The Republican Club will soon be hanging in Klan clubhouses all across the south very soon.

Now, with today’s cartoon, I just have to sit back and wait for Trump’s complimentary phone call.

cjones10182018.jpg

Not one president has done anything about this.The problem with tackling the deficit is there's no immediate gain but lots of immediate pain.
I agree this is going to be a huge issue for America. Unfortunately lying politicians from both sides will campaign on solving the problem painlessly when knowing full well they will do nothing once elected.
Its easier to kick the can down the road...
In fiscal 2018 the federal government spent $4.1T with a $780B deficit. I hope Trump understands the US government can't really declare bankruptcy like private corporations can. It CAN default, but only with dire consequences.

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm522 (Mnuchin And Mulvaney Release Joint Statement On Budget Results For Fiscal Year 2018)

The New York Times finally, for the first time, warned of fascism — three weeks before an election in which America will be fighting for the soul of its democracy. LOL. If that makes you laugh, you’re not wrong. They — and I mean that they as generously as possible when it comes to America media, intellectuals, and power figures — should have warned you long ago. As seriously as sternly as they could. Discussing its history and danger and swiftness. (And you, in turn, should have taken those warnings are seriously as you could.)

Alas, that is not how history works. Fascism’s handmaiden is denial — “it can’t happen here!!” But denial, at least among those who should know better, is precisely equivalent, morally, socially, and politically, to complicity. What is the point of having a Harvard education if you don’t even know a fascist when he’s staring you in the face, after all? What is the point of a Yale education if you leave one? To be able to calculate a stock’s rate of return? You should laugh scornfully at such ignorance, my friends — a healthy sense anger is what you should feel at how you have been treated thus far in the sad story of how fascism came to rise in America.

But let me tell you a little more about that story, from the inside.

It's little different than what the Saudis are doing to millions in Yemen, only the Yemeni have to suffer longer before starving or being blown to bits. The Washington Post had little to say about that when Obama's bombs were dropping on them, nor did they find their morals when the bombs became Trumps. Do their journalists have some spacial status that makes them better than the Yemeni? Sometimes the arrogance of these people truly sickens me.

Not even American Indian. Yup she's presidential material for libtards. Lmao

The embarrassing report from Annie Linskey even noted that the analysis of Warren's genetic ancestry was based not on Native American DNA, but on Mexican, Peruvian, and Colombian DNA.

BACKFIRE: 2nd Correction Made On Elizabeth Warren DNA Test Story, Warren Gets Mocked