Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

WASHINGTON — In recent weeks, the White House has been shaken by an ongoing government shutdown, tumbling markets and the abrupt departure of Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis. With few allies left in the White House and a press office in disarray, President Trump has increasingly turned to Stephen Miller, one of the key architects of his hard-line immigration policies, to be the public face of his administration.

Miller had remained behind the scenes much of the last year, but earlier this month he stepped into the spotlight for a rare pair of television appearances that has left Trump allies with concerns about the state of the White House communications operation. Three of them shared their perspectives with Yahoo News.

Trump’s reliance on Miller comes as the White House press operation has been rocked by reports of impending high-profile departures. These rumors have come as the president’s spokespeople have retreated from view as weeks have gone without on-the-record briefings. Since Dec. 19, Trump’s communications team hasn’t even accomplished its most basic task: distributing guidance detailing the president’s public schedule.

The White House did not respond to multiple requests for comment from Yahoo News about the lack of briefings, guidance and Miller’s growing public profile. Former members of the Trump administration were far more forthcoming, though they requested anonymity in order to frankly detail their concerns.

Several former officials who spoke to Yahoo News said Miller’s reemergence as a public face of the White House was a public relations catastrophe.

Bernard Marks, the Holocaust survivor whose comparison of the Trump administration’s hardline stance on refugees and undocumented immigrants to Nazi regime received widespread attention, died Friday. He was 89.

He died of natural causes at his home in Sacramento, according to his daughter, Leann Gonchoroff.

“History is not on your side,” Marks told Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones at an immigration forum hosted by Jones in March 2017 featuring then-acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Thomas Homan.

Marks’ sharp comments were picked up by The Washington Post, Huffington Post, New York Daily News, The Times of Israel and The Independent (of London) among other publications.

“I have not compared them 100 percent to the Nazis, but we are on the way,” Marks later told The Sacramento Bee in an interview. “What concerns me is we are breaking up families. We are turning justice upside down. We are starting with the Muslims. Who is next?”

Marks was born September 17, 1929, and raised in Lodz, Poland. He survived both the Auschwitz and Dachau concentration camps as a child.

“I think it broke his heart to watch the way immigrants and refugees were being treated,” said Rabbi Mona Alfi of Congregation B’nai Israel in Sacramento. “He knew what sort of lasting trauma happens when we separate children from their parents.”

Both his mother and younger brother were slain at Auschwitz – a fate Marks was spared due to the efforts of his father.

I am supposed to be sleep. It is 7.a.m. over here in Kyiv, but I want to address why we do not need any more coverage of why white folks support Trump. At this point, it doesn't matter the publication, writer or anything. Just hear me out for a second.

I covered the midterms and traveled the south a lot reporting on Democrats. I'd ALWAYS run into Trump supporters protesting Stacey Abrams and Andrew Gillum events, for example. I spoke to them often. I never wrote ONE story about them. Why? Well, several reasons.

For one, most of the Trump people I spoke with gave the same reasons they did in 2016: We need to keep the Mexicans out (real quote). Trump is not racist; I am not racist. I believe in the constitution. Blah, blah, blah.

When I asked them to back up their views with the simplest of facts, they could not. They like Trump because he lived out their racism. Facts mean nothing to them. Let me tell you some of the "facts" Trump supporters told me during the midterms. I never talked about this before

Thread by @Russian_Starr: "I am supposed to be sleep. It is 7.a.m. over here in Kyiv, but I want to address why we do not need any more coverage of why white folks sup […]"

ADMIRED BIGLY
https://claytoonz.com/2018/12/31/admired-bigly/

Every year since 1946, Gallup has released a poll of the most admired persons in America. Sitting U.S. presidents have captured the number one spot in 59 of the 72 years of the poll’s existence. Donald Trump is one of the exceptions.

This year’s top winner is former president Barack Obama. In fact, Obama has the second most number one finishes with eleven. The most is Dwight Eisenhower with twelve. Trump sits at zero.

Donald Trump is that guy who can’t get over his girlfriend’s ex boyfriend. A day rarely goes by that he doesn’t tweet about Obama. It bothers Trump that Americans think more highly of Obama than him. Trump confronts this by attacking Obama and even creating lies about him, like claiming he wiretapped Trump Tower. Trump feels the need to describe himself as “your favorite president” while claiming Obama’s accomplishments as his own.

Trump did come in second in the poll, but that was just thirteen percent of respondents.

For most admired woman, America picked Michelle Obama, followed by Oprah Winfrey, Hillary Clinton, and then Melania Trump. Hillary Clinton has the record for most number one finishes with 22.

Since Trump hasn’t tweeted about the poll, doubting its accuracy and calling it fake news, yet, maybe he’s not aware of it. He only watches conservative media, which probably hasn’t reported it, and perhaps his staff has kept it away from him. Yesterday, he tweeted about Obama’s house in Washington and the fence around it.

Think about it. Not only did Americans choose a black guy over Trump, but they chose two black women and Hillary Clinton over his wife. Yeah, he definitely doesn’t know about this poll yet.

cjones01042019.jpg