Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

STRAIGHT PRIDE PARADE
Straight Pride Parade

If you’re straight, you did not have to break the news to your father. You were not ostracized by your family. You never had to hide your straightness in a closet. You were never discriminated against in your school, job, or elsewhere for being straight. You were never beat up for being straight (just for being your usual asshole self). You were never shoved into a gym locker for being straight. No one gave you a swirlie. You never lost friends for being straight. You never hung out with your guy friends with them afraid you were going to hit on them. There are no countries where being straight is illegal. Most of all, you were never murdered for being straight. But by all means, throw yourself a parade.

A group of homophobic assholes in Boston are upset that June is LGBTQ Pride Month. In response, they plan to hold a gay pride parade in that city to “celebrate the diverse history, culture, and contributions of the straight community.” What contributions? Maybe invading Poland? I don’t know. But the group has a website and I’ve been told, it’s somewhere on the internet.

On that website, they had a mascot. I’m saying “had” because their mascot didn’t like being their mascot and his people told the gay haters to remove him at once as he didn’t want to be the face of homophobic pride. That mascot was Brad Pitt. I’m not sure Pitt was the best choice of the homophobic society since in Inglourious Bastards, he scalped Nazis.

Captain America isn’t too fond of the homophobe brigade either. Chris Evans, who is a Boston native, tweeted, “Wow! Cool initiative, fellas!! Just a thought, instead of ‘Straight Pride’ parade, how about this: The ‘desperately trying to bury our own gay thoughts by being homophobic because no one taught us how to access our emotions as children’ parade? Whatta ya think? Too on the nose??”

This group is so unpopular that even one-hit wonders are bashing them. 90’s power pop band and creator of the hit “All Star,” (“Hey, now. You’re an all star. Get your game on. Go play.” No?) They tweeted at the Boston guys whose butts no one is looking at, “Straight Pride Parade????? FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!”

After one Twitter user suggested a float at a gay pride parade could be of the body spray, Axe, even the deodorant company came out against it. Despite being the fave scent of frat house douchebags everywhere, Axe tweeted, “we’ll be at the parade that matters and this one isn’t it.”

And, as Stephen Colbert or Trevor Noah (I’m not sure which because they look alike) said, “the irony of a straight pride parade is that there won’t be any women there.”

The idiots throwing a straight pride parade are just like all the other white, Trump-voting, Christian male idiots who believe the world is persecuting for being in the majority and have everything go their way. If they really feel they need a parade for being straight, then I’m going to take the succinct route created by Smash Mouth and tell these Boston jackwads to fuck off.

cjones06092019.jpg

(CNN) Secretary of State Mike Pompeo downplayed climate change as a longstanding trend, suggesting that that modern societies could adapt to a changing environment, possibly with people moving to different places.

"The climate's been changing a long time. There's always changes that take place," Pompeo said during an interview with the Washington Times published Friday, when asked whether he thought climate change was man-made and how best to address it. He did not mention anything about man-made pollution in his remarks.
"Societies reorganize, we move to different places, we develop technology and innovation," he added. "I am convinced, I am convinced that we will do the things necessary as the climate changes."

When asked about a potential technological solution, Pompeo replied that "it's not just technological" and cited the Netherlands, which are partially below sea level, as an example of a successful response.

"We'll fix it by the way organize. There's lots of ways that one can address," he said. "If waters rise, I was just in the Netherlands, all below sea level, right? Living a wonderful, thriving economic situation. The world will be successful. I'm convinced. We will figure out responses to this that address these issues in important and fundamental ways."

Pompeo acknowledged climate change as a security threat that should be addressed "in ways that are fundamentally consistent with our value set here in the United States."

"We identify problems, we engender and empower rules such that structural innovators and creative people can go build out solutions to these things and bright people all along will make sure that we continue to have an ever increasing lifespan in most parts of the United States," he said.

The comments aren't Pomepo's first foray into controversial climate assessments.

In May, Pompeo praised the Arctic's rapidly shrinking sea levels for their subsequent economic opportunities, despite continued warnings about the catastrophic effects of climate change.