Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

lmao

they mismanaged their island, drove it to complete bankruptcy and some how they have the skills to manage this aftermath of the hurricane? i think not.

they don’t even pay into the US federal tax system and they’re bitching and complaining about the response. it comes across ungrateful.

lmao

they mismanaged their island, drove it to complete bankruptcy and some how they have the skills to manage this aftermath of the hurricane? i think not.

they don’t even pay into the US federal tax system and they’re bitching and complaining about the response. it comes across ungrateful.

Didnt Trump and his son bankrupt a golf course in 2015 at Puerto Rico, but let’s look at everybody’s else’s faults.

They do have there own tax laws but still do pay some federal taxes.

Last edited:
Didnt Trump and his son bankrupt a golf course in 2015 at Puerto Rico, but let’s look at everybody’s else’s faults.

They do have there own tax laws but still do pay some federal taxes.

Reported as not true. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/09/30/did-president-trump-add-33-million-to-puerto-ricos-debt-by-bankrupting-a-golf-course-there/ (Analysis | Did President Trump add $33 million to Puerto Rico’s debt by bankrupting a golf course there?)

Reported as not true. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/09/30/did-president-trump-add-33-million-to-puerto-ricos-debt-by-bankrupting-a-golf-course-there/ (Analysis | Did President Trump add $33 million to Puerto Rico’s debt by bankrupting a golf course there?)
Thanks I googled before, but I guess i only read what I wanna to read, it’s hard to know what’s true anymore. looks like there’s a lot more to the story, @Swiper just ignore my ignorance.

(CNN)"Hamilton" creator Lin-Manuel Miranda did not mince words in his message to Donald Trump following the President's Saturday morning Twitter attacks on San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz.

"You're going straight to hell, @realDonaldTrump," the Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright tweeted at the President. "No long lines for you. Someone will say, 'Right this way, sir.' They'll clear a path."

When Hurricane Maria destroyed the infrastructure of Puerto Rico, the mayor of San Juan became the spokeswoman of a stranded people.

Carmen Yulín Cruz Soto told the world of the "horror" she had witnessed in the flooded streets, which she had been walking ever since the storm, in a place she expects to have no power for half a year.

Until then, she had not been a well-known politician outside the island, which many mainland Americans don't even know is a U.S. territory.

But after Cruz criticized Washington's response to the hurricane this week — "save us from dying" — President Trump decided to size her up on Twitter.

"Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan," he wrote Saturday. The Democrats must have gotten to her.

Since the president brought it up, we present below the historical record of the leadership abilities of Cruz, before and after the storm.

I’m happy to acknowledge that Trump’s responses to the news are sometimes thought-out and deliberate. His criticisms of the media often seem to fall into this category, for example, since they’re sure to get widespread coverage and Republican voters have overwhelmingly lost faith in the media.

But at many other times, journalists come up with overly convoluted explanations for Trump’s behavior (“this seemingly self-destructive emotional outburst is actually a clever political strategy!”) when simpler ones will suffice (“this is a self-destructive emotional outburst.”). In doing so, they violate both Ockham’s razor [Which can roughly be stated as: Given two theories that explain a phenomenon equally well, the simpler one is usually better] and Hanlon’s razor — the latter of which can be stated as “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.” One can understand why journalists who rely on having close access to Trump avoid explanations that portray Trump as being irrational, incompetent or bigoted. But sometimes they’re the only explanations that make sense.

(CNN)It is a difficult task to turn the memory of Hurricane Katrina into a quaint story of well-meaning government actors unable to save a city from destruction. President Donald Trump managed to do that on Saturday morning when he essentially blamed Puerto Rico and its mayor, in a series of tweets, for the devastation they are facing. From his own golf club, Trump attacked rather than reflected and helped.

I am a homeland and national security analyst for CNN and for this op-ed page. I keep my emotions in check. Indeed, having been in the field for some time, having worked on many disasters, I kept my criticisms to a minimum, as I know how hard disaster management is. I saw the disturbing images from Puerto Rico, but knowing the dedication and expertise of the professionals working the disaster I believed there had to be an explanation.

For example, I understood that the challenges of moving commodities quickly on a devastated island is arduous -- that the proverbial "last mile" to distribution is the greatest challenge of any mass mobilization. I had worked within the confines of the antiquated Jones Act, the law that prohibits foreign vessels from shipping to American ports, but understood that waivers, like the one that Trump issued, were readily available and the Act itself was likely not the cause of a slow response.

I, like everyone else, had seen the tremendous work of Trump's homeland security team in hurricanes in Houston and Miami just weeks before. In some ways, I had convinced myself that Trump was a bit player in this tragedy.

No longer. A good man who has empathy, or even knows how to pretend to have it, would not make the unfolding tragedy about himself. A confident President would not accuse Puerto Ricans of wanting "everything done for them." A self-reflective leader able to critically assess would question and push his team to send more resources and get the federal response moving. A strong Commander-in-Chief would know that his main duty is not to praise himself or lash back because of a bruised ego, but to use his global platform to provide two key needs: numbers (responders, commodities, ships, food, water, debris removal, etc) and hope.

I’m happy to acknowledge that Trump’s responses to the news are sometimes thought-out and deliberate. His criticisms of the media often seem to fall into this category, for example, since they’re sure to get widespread coverage and Republican voters have overwhelmingly lost faith in the media.

But at many other times, journalists come up with overly convoluted explanations for Trump’s behavior (“this seemingly self-destructive emotional outburst is actually a clever political strategy!”) when simpler ones will suffice (“this is a self-destructive emotional outburst.”). In doing so, they violate both Ockham’s razor [Which can roughly be stated as: Given two theories that explain a phenomenon equally well, the simpler one is usually better] and Hanlon’s razor — the latter of which can be stated as “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.” One can understand why journalists who rely on having close access to Trump avoid explanations that portray Trump as being irrational, incompetent or bigoted. But sometimes they’re the only explanations that make sense.