Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

From pundits to US Senators and former officials, many have expressed concern that US President Donald Trump is mentally unfit for office. But the profession most capable of making this judgement - psychiatric and mental health experts and practitioners - have remained largely silent.

Mental health professionals usually abide by an ethical norm called the "Goldwater Rule", which states that "it is unethical for a psychiatrist to offer a professional opinion [on a public figure] unless he or she has conducted an examination and has been granted proper authorisation for such a statement."

President Trump, however, is prompting some psychiatrists to speak out, arguing that his mental unfitness for office is apparent and uniquely dangerous.

"The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump" is a new book that offers a collection of essays from 27 psychiatrists and mental health experts, all offering a bleak assessment of the president's mental state. But is it even possible to diagnose Trump from afar in this way?

Bandy Lee, an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at Yale School of Medicine and the editor of this new book, and Betty Teng, a trauma therapist and one of the contributors to it, join us to discuss their views and why they believe the US president is a danger to the world.

Gun control?
lol @ stupid liberals
Even kids know they need a gun to keep themselves from harm

Lyrics
I need a gun to keep myself from harm
The poor people are burning in the sun
But they ain't got a chance
They ain't got a chance
I need a gun
'Cause all I do is dance

'Cause all I do is dance

The poor people are burning in the sun
No, they ain't got a chance
They ain't got a chance
I need a gun
'Cause all I do is dance

'Cause all I do is dance

In my backpack
I got my act right
In case you act quite difficult
And yo is so weakin'
With anger and discontent
Some are seeking and searching like me, moi

I'm a peace-loving decoy
Ready for retaliation
I change the whole occasion to a pine box six-under
Impulsive don't ask wild wonder
Orders given to me is
Strike and I'm thunder with lightning fast reflexes
On constant alert from the constant hurt
That seems limitless with no dropping pressure
Seems like everybody's out to test ya
'Til they see you brake
They can't conceal the hate that consumes you
I'm the reason why you flipped your soosa

Chill with your old lady at the tilt
I got a ninety days digit
And I'm filled with guilt
From things that I've seen
Your water's from a bottle
Mine's from a canteen
At night I hear the shots
Ring so I'm a light sleeper
The cost of life
It seems to get cheaper
Out in the desert
With my street sweeper
The war is over
So said the speaker with the flight suit on
Maybe to him I'm just a pawn
So he can advance
Remember when I used to dance
Man, all I want to do is dance

"A disarmed population is a compliant population. A population that can't say what it thinks is a population that is much easier to control. And that's the whole reason we have the 1st and 2nd amendment so that we remain a free people."

Ken Starr, the former independent counsel in the Whitewater and Monica Lewinsky scandals during Bill Clinton’s presidency, predicted Saturday that there would likely be indictments in special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russia's election meddling.

“Given what we do know, especially given what happened this summer with respect to the FBI’s intrusion intoPaul Manafort’scondominium, in light of the revelations that we’ve seen about General Flynn, I have a sense that there will in fact be indictments,” Starr said on CNN’s “Smerconish," referring to President Trump's former campaign chairman and his first national security adviser, respectively.

Starr said “there may be guilty pleas” in the investigation, and said the indictment of foreign nationals could take place.

I couldn’t have said this better

Gun-rights advocates also make the grandiose claim that gun ownership is a deterrent against tyrannical governments. Indeed, the wording of the Second Amendment makes this point explicitly: “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” That may have made sense in the 1770s, when breech-loading flintlock muskets were the primary weapons tyrants used to conquer other peoples and subdue their own citizens who could, in turn, equalize the power equation by arming themselves with equivalent firepower. But that is no longer true.

[cut]

If you think stock piling firearms from the local Guns and Guitars store, where the Las Vegas shooter purchased some of his many weapons, and dressing up in camouflage and body armor is going to protect you from an American military capable of delivering tanks and armored vehicles full Navy SEALs to your door, you’re delusional. The tragic incidents at Ruby Ridge, in Idaho, and Waco, Tex., in the 1990s, in which citizens armed to the teeth collided with government agencies and lost badly, is a case study for what would happen were the citizenry to rise up in violence against the state today.

There’s no question that tyrannical states have abused the freedom of their citizens. But it is no longer realistic to think that arming citizens to the teeth is going to stop tyranny should it arise. Far superior are nonviolent democratic checks and balances on power, constitutional guardians of civil rights and legal protections of liberties.

"A disarmed population is a compliant population. A population that can't say what it thinks is a population that is much easier to control. And that's the whole reason we have the 1st and 2nd amendment so that we remain a free people."

Venezuela/Cuba proven citizen control
1 disarm citizens
2 send gov't backed robbers/murderers to opposition areas
3 blame game when said criminals begin robbing everyone in sight, not just political opponents.
It can happen in America too.

How can a demolition site pic can relate to clean energy policy?
just more Elon Musk BS to get subsidies.

Sen. Bob Corker, the Republican chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, on Sunday called the White House "an adult day care center" after President Trump attacked him in a morning Twitter tirade.

Trump alleged in a trio of tweets that Corker "begged" him for his endorsement, did not receive it and decided to retire because he "didn't have the guts" to run for reelection next year.

In response, Corker (Tenn.) tweeted, "It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."

One source familiar with Trump and Corker's recent conversations disputed each of the claims the president made in his tweets. Trump called Corker early last week and asked him to reconsider his decision not to seek reelection, according to this source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the private conversations. This source said the president also reaffirmed that he would have endorsed Corker had he decided to seek reelection — which, this source added, was not the first time that Trump had extended such an offer of support.

Sen. Bob Corker, the Republican chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, on Sunday called the White House "an adult day care center" after President Trump attacked him in a morning Twitter tirade.

Trump alleged in a trio of tweets that Corker "begged" him for his endorsement, did not receive it and decided to retire because he "didn't have the guts" to run for reelection next year.

In response, Corker (Tenn.) tweeted, "It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."

One source familiar with Trump and Corker's recent conversations disputed each of the claims the president made in his tweets. Trump called Corker early last week and asked him to reconsider his decision not to seek reelection, according to this source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the private conversations. This source said the president also reaffirmed that he would have endorsed Corker had he decided to seek reelection — which, this source added, was not the first time that Trump had extended such an offer of support.

DLoP79QVwAATmfe.jpg