Twice a week vs once a week semaglutide dosing

Is there any benefits twice or more a week dosing vs once a week with semaglutide? Both my parents are starting semaglutide at my suggestion (both are prediabetic) and it's just got me interested in learning more about GLP-1's in general. The multitude of health benefits aside from direct weight loss really is cool.

Anyways, to my original point, if someone is on a dose of 500 mcg a week, is there any benefit to doing 250 twice a week or even 100 M-F and the weekends off vs 500 mcg all at once?

Thanks for reliably satisfying my curiosity y'all, haha.

I have been using sema for a while now, started with once a week but seemed to get less appetite suppression later in the week. Switched to split the dose twice a week and felt much more consistent, down 54lbs in about 5 months.

My question is: why did pharma go with once-weekly dosing? Did they try daily, every other day, twice weekly, etc., and find once-weekly to be the optimal result?

Some people might cry conspiracy theory blah blah whatever, profitability, etc., but you can't argue with the impressive trial results.

Others are just addicted to injecting. jk
I think the biggest thing is patient compliance. Look how much more successful Ozempic and Mounjaro compared to Liraglutide.

I think the biggest thing is patient compliance. Look how much more successful Ozempic and Mounjaro compared to Liraglutide.

Maybe, but once the line of self-injecting is crossed, no big difference between once or twice a week. If twice weekly was superior, why aren't they publishing those studies?

Maybe conspiracy theory or profits or whatever, but I think there might be some merit to once-weekly dosing.

Maybe, but once the line of self-injecting is crossed, no big difference between once or twice a week. If twice weekly was superior, why aren't they publishing those studies?

Maybe conspiracy theory or profits or whatever, but I think there might be some merit to once-weekly dosing.
Look at trt when it first started …. One 200 mg injection once every two weeks. We all know now that’s not the best practice.

Sponsors

Latest posts