Understanding Protein amounts & synthesis for simultaneous fat loss & muscle gains. Super Confusing

dacman24

The internet has so much confusing information so I figured I would just post the question for discussion here. I'm a 260 lb man with a goal weight of 225lbs roughly. I am currently doing a 18/6 intermittent fasting routine during the week and slight calorie deficit on weekends. Every meal is high in protein but I am getting confusing information about how much protein to consume. Some say .75 to 1g per lb of bodyweight. Some say per lb of goal weight and some even say 1g per lb of lean mass if you happen to know your lean mass. So once someone decides on which one of those to base their consumption on then they have to fit that into their eating window. There is the issue I'm encountering. If my eating window is only 6 hours and protein synthesis occurs roughly every 2 hours how can I possibly consume enough protein if your only supposed to be eating like 30g protein per meal. The amount of conflicting opinions on this topic is confusing. Can we consume 50g per meal and still synthesize the protein? If so, problem solved. If not, any suggestions. Should I drop fasting and focus on muscle building and increase my window? I enjoy my current 18/6 regime also because it keeps my blood sugar low. Discussions on this topic are welcomed. Thanks.

The internet has so much confusing information so I figured I would just post the question for discussion here. I'm a 260 lb man with a goal weight of 225lbs roughly. I am currently doing a 18/6 intermittent fasting routine during the week and slight calorie deficit on weekends. Every meal is high in protein but I am getting confusing information about how much protein to consume. Some say .75 to 1g per lb of bodyweight. Some say per lb of goal weight and some even say 1g per lb of lean mass if you happen to know your lean mass. So once someone decides on which one of those to base their consumption on then they have to fit that into their eating window. There is the issue I'm encountering. If my eating window is only 6 hours and protein synthesis occurs roughly every 2 hours how can I possibly consume enough protein if your only supposed to be eating like 30g protein per meal. The amount of conflicting opinions on this topic is confusing. Can we consume 50g per meal and still synthesize the protein? If so, problem solved. If not, any suggestions. Should I drop fasting and focus on muscle building and increase my window? I enjoy my current 18/6 regime also because it keeps my blood sugar low. Discussions on this topic are welcomed. Thanks.
Yes you can, getting the amount needed for goals, in the time allotted , is more important than spacing it out evenly.

Its the only way when doing a intermittent fasting type window period.

Make sure to just be having water to maximize the 18/6.

Both work, and can be adjusted to hit the goals you are looking for.

More than one way to get from A to B.

Yes you can, getting the amount needed for goals, in the time allotted , is more important than spacing it out evenly.

Its the only way when doing a intermittent fasting type window period.

Make sure to just be having water to maximize the 18/6.

Both work, and can be adjusted to hit the goals you are looking for.

More than one way to get from A to B.
Thanks for the reply. How much would I base for my goals? We talking .75g per 1lb of goal weight or current weight?

Thanks for the reply. How much would I base for my goals? We talking .75g per 1lb of goal weight or current weight?
For protein, someone unenhanced from AAS is usually in textbook only .7-.9 grams per lbs of body weight, that you sit currently.

To get to your goals,

You would use the amount of cals that you are currently at, once you find your maintenance calories. Then add or lessen, cals/macros depending on how steep you want to cut, or fast you want to bulk. Usually people adjust by 250 to 500 cals a week. Which you then adjust your macro amounts to fit your needs.

When using AAS usually anywhere from 1 lb to 2.5 grams per pound of body weight is used, for protein.

For protein, someone unenhanced from AAS is usually in textbook only .7-.9 grams per lbs of body weight, that you sit currently.

To get to your goals,

You would use the amount of cals that you are currently at, once you find your maintenance calories. Then add or lessen, cals/macros depending on how steep you want to cut, or fast you want to bulk. Usually people adjust by 250 to 500 cals a week. Which you then adjust your macro amounts to fit your needs.

When using AAS usually anywhere from 1 lb to 2.5 grams per pound of body weight is used, for protein.
I shoot for 400g protein in a surplus at 260lbs, which is a bit over 1.5g/lb, but, usually I program clients well over 1g/lb. Lots of studies on over feeding protein and body composition changes even in a deficit.

I shoot for 400g protein in a surplus at 260lbs, which is a bit over 1.5g/lb, but, usually I program clients well over 1g/lb. Lots of studies on over feeding protein and body composition changes even in a deficit.
Dam eating 1 lb per body weight, at 240 lbs, will have to increase higher….

Back