Vitamins and Supplements

I think it's critical for everyone to take COQ10, 200-400 mg. And to get the most out of it always take selenium 100-200 mcg. daily. The research is overwhelming regarding the advantages of using COQ10. It's NOT a fad supplement, even many doctors and the medical establishment recommends using it. Just do some research on it.
I have heard it being passed around quite a bit these days. Quercetin seems to be another popular one.
Supplements I keep around:
Ginseng - Korean and Siberian
Gingko Biloba
Vit C, d, e, b6, b complex, p5p
L Tyrosine and 5 HTP
Rhodiola
GABA, L Theanine
Maca, Reishi
Proviron

I think it's critical for everyone to take COQ10, 200-400 mg. And to get the most out of it always take selenium 100-200 mcg. daily. The research is overwhelming regarding the advantages of using COQ10. It's NOT a fad supplement, even many doctors and the medical establishment recommends using it. Just do some research on it.
As COQ10 diminishes production in the body as one ages i started taking it many years ago. seems most people on statins should definitely look into it as they can lower levels even farther.

I didn’t see anyone mention Glucosamine and Chondroitin/MSM.

I think it has done wonders for a shoulder I had surgery on. It’s supposed to take weeks to build up in your system before it helps.

I have increased my range of motion without pain and I’m not scared my shoulder is going to shear off during heavy pressing movements. Maybe it’s placebo, but I’m going to continue taking it.

I didn’t see anyone mention Glucosamine and Chondroitin/MSM.

I think it has done wonders for a shoulder I had surgery on. It’s supposed to take weeks to build up in your system before it helps.

I have increased my range of motion without pain and I’m not scared my shoulder is going to shear off during heavy pressing movements. Maybe it’s placebo, but I’m going to continue taking it.
.....and to add to this, take powdered collagen, I don't recommend caps since they are more expensive, and you need to take enough collagen to be worth it. And make sure you include type II, there's been a number of studies using dogs to see a significant difference on injured joints/tendons with type II, and the fact that there's no placebo effect with animals. It, over the years, has made a huge difference in joint health for every one of my APTBs.( and that goes back to the early 80s starting with chicken broth).

Is there a mechanistic interaction between CoQ10 and selenium?

Edit: Ok, it's kinda indirect according to this review.

Selenoproteins are involved in the mevalonate pathway and CoQ10 is involved in selenoprotein pathways.

Last edited:
Multi - w/o Iron
Magnesium glycinate
Iron and Vitamin C after blood donations (I take longer to replenish)
Nattokinase (when/if rbcs are high)
Fish Oil
D3
B12

As COQ10 diminishes production in the body as one ages i started taking it many years ago. seems most people on statins should definitely look into it as they can lower levels even farther.

At this point, PQQ should be considered.

In theory, put more of that CoQ10 to use with increased mitochondrial biogenesis from PQQ.

Is that what we want? Idk. Wild west territory.

@RomanMVP

.....and to add to this, take powdered collagen, I don't recommend caps since they are more expensive, and you need to take enough collagen to be worth it. And make sure you include type II, there's been a number of studies using dogs to see a significant difference on injured joints/tendons with type II, and the fact that there's no placebo effect with animals. It, over the years, has made a huge difference in joint health for every one of my APTBs.( and that goes back to the early 80s starting with chicken broth).
I appreciate the advice. I will pick this up during my next trip at Costco-- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. It doesn't specify if it's type 2 though. It's gonna be on sale for $9 dollars off starting on Dec 27th. I hope it's still effective. I am hopelessly addicted to shopping at Costco.

The 5.47 Lb bags of Gold Standard whey will be on sale for $15 off from Dec 27- to Jan 21st so I'm gonna stock up for the year and was gonna pick up the collagen as well. Limit 2 per day on the protein though. I'm getting at least another 6 bags.

The Kirkland Coq10 and Glucosamine with Chondroitin or with MSM are both gonna be on sale as well. I take both so I'll grab 2 bottles of Coq10 and 1 glucosamine.

Also the Natures Bounty 1400mg fish oil capsules at Costco have a much higher ratio of omega 3's than what's offered in their standard 1200mg offering you will find on Amazon or other stores. It's 1400mg fish oil-- 980 mg total omega 3's (EPA 647mg, DHA 253mg). I thought I was going to save money getting fish oil elsewhere but when I broke the label down I saw that their 1200mg offerings were crap compared to the 1400mg. I just take 2 a day.

I think joint supps can be good. I have taken them for over 20 years and my dog most all his life. Glucosamine with Chondroitin MSM, fish oil. He is 11 and limping around. And i have had one shoulder replaced and another one and 2 hips penciled in to be replaced in the next few years. Joints supps may help slow down the degradation of the joint from where it would be if they weren't taken. But they are no miracle nutrient for a very active person from my experience.