• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

What is the Current Trend of Doctors Prescribing Long-term clomid

RazorRamon2127

What is the current trend with respect to doctors prescribing Clomid as a long term alternative to traditional testosterone replacement therapy (androgel, injections etc..). Has it become noticeably more frequent within the past several years? More accepted as a safe alternative to TRT? Have any well-known doctors gone on record about their decisions to prescribe Clomid for long-term use? I know Shippens and Crisler prescribe clomid as an alternative to TRT, but haven't seen any detailed discussion on how and why they made such a decision.

What is the current trend with respect to doctors prescribing Clomid as a long term alternative to traditional testosterone replacement therapy (androgel, injections etc..). Has it become noticeably more frequent within the past several years? More accepted as a safe alternative to TRT? Have any well-known doctors gone on record about their decisions to prescribe Clomid for long-term use? I know Shippens and Crisler prescribe clomid as an alternative to TRT, but haven't seen any detailed discussion on how and why they made such a decision.
i myself want clomid prescribed for me, but am too nervous to ask my doctor.

Actually its pretty common, most docs will prescribe 12-25mgs a day or 25mgs every other day, Nolvadex is also being used by docs as well for the same purpose, this is not as common.

What is the motivation for prescribing such low doses? There are a reasonable number of studies looking at 50 mg every other day or 25 mg a day. Is it a matter of being cautious or has the research shown that the lower doses are just as effective as higher doses?

I might be switching to Clomid as an alternative to my TRT. I want to see if my body produce more testosterone if it gets a swift kick of the clomid. I am only 32 and can't picture having to take a weekly shot for ever.

I think its a combination of both, some respond well to low doses, I responded to 12.5 a day, Ithink when you get to the higher doses (50mg and up) you start seeing side effects