Wrist pain during dumbbell side delt raises.

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by hurricane, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Very rarely , I wish I had access to cables but dont , just BB's and DB"s...;)

hurricane likes this.
  2. hurricane

hurricane Member

I feel like I have to lift moderately heavy being 40 and off gear. Maybe that's my mistake. My bodies breaking down bud. I do the 50's seated. Not the best form but not horrible. Drop sets have been my go to lately. I've always been strong, I just need to listen to my body more often. 40 blows!

Oregongearhead and System7 like this.
  3. hurricane

hurricane Member

Should of clarified bro. I do partials with 50's. Just high enough to feel the delt working.

Oregongearhead likes this.
  4. hurricane

hurricane Member

It obviously fukin works for you! Your delts are insane.

Oregongearhead likes this.
  5. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Try barbell OHP with an extremely wide grip. Yes its a pressing movement but given the limited ROM it is an unbelievably effective side delt builder. You wont be able to go very heavy but your wrists are in a pressing position of strength. Its very effective

hurricane likes this.
  6. ChestRockwell

ChestRockwell Member

Folks really tend to use too much weight for isolation deltoid movements and this manifests into losing mechanical tension on the various heads as accessory muscles start taking over the work...

If you cannot exaggerate the negative, you are likely using too much weight in my opinion...

gr8whitetrukker likes this.
  7. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Most ppl do. Ego

ChestRockwell likes this.