Your age divided by 2 = number of reps?

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by master.on, Aug 8, 2016.

1. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Stepped on toes? Nah, just pointing out BS when we see it. And here's another thing, I never met some one over 40 who was willing to change. Stuck in your ways. How you did it how you always done it. Even to a detriment. And before you get all offended, welcome to meso. I'm trukker:mad:

Big_paul and Oregongearhead like this.
  2. oldmusclemike

oldmusclemike Member

OK guys no matter what I say or how I say it, it's obvious that I stepped on some kids toes. Sooo all you guys are right. I just have no fvcking idea of how all this is done. Lol

It's crazy though. I guess my old school did some good for me. Hope you all can do as well as I am when your 65 yrs old.

Oregongearhead likes this.
  3. Same here Mel . I was told (here) to increase my reps after 50 . At 56 I still love my 5-6 reps . 3-4 when Im cycling heavy feeling invincible . But I have been doing 8-10 reps this last month faithfully as part of my new program . Still sucks (cant wait to go low & heavy again)

4. oldmusclemike

oldmusclemike Member

So do I call you mad trukker or just trukker? Listen now you are showing your young ass. When I was a young guy we used to say "Hey you can't trust anyone over 30. " right ! So now you talk like a man gets stupid after 40. Well if you are there look in the mirror and if not get ready to get stupid cause 40 is gonna get ya.

Ya know guys there is no reason for all the shit. I disagree with some of what you said and you disagree with much of what I said but no reason to get all MAD. I'm not some newbie kid here that's gonna get mad and tell everyone to fvck off or just start shit here. That's not the reason I joined. I stated when I came on I hoped to gain some knowledge as well as contribute.
    I contributed what I know and it has worked for me and many others that trained with me and that I had trained. Also some of what a few of the pro's and the ways they trained in and around show time. There is nothing old school about how to build muscle.

LET ME BEGIN AGAIN
    Hi I'm oldmusclemike I'd like to join in and learn more about BB and offer any of my experience to the threads.

5. Great guys here , Mike . This is NOT another smartass punk group .
    Or I wouldnt be here . :D

RodgerThat and Seven like this.
  6. gr8whitetrukker

No not calling you stupid. Just very ignorant...Michael

7. oldmusclemike

oldmusclemike Member

Well I admit that I came out of the box maybe a little sideways lol... when I started my reply / post. Sorry for that. But without getting all into it again. There is A place and time for higher reps as is the low 1-3 all depending on MANY variables and times and type of training. I think you all got the idea that I favor high reps. Nope I just started doing more now that I am suffering from so many ailments and injuries.

But that's all I wanna say about that...NOW Ha! lol OMM

Seven likes this.
  8. johntt44

johntt44 Member

Low reps, high weight builds muscle density.The only time I do 15 reps is warming up/cooling down. High reps get blood to the muscle but don't activate all the muscle fibers. I don't consider anything under 12 high but 3-6 builds up the density not fluffing endless reps. I'm kinda old too(47).

9. oldmusclemike

oldmusclemike Member

Ya know as I said I didn't come here to start shit. But as you keep up your ridiculous comments it makes me wanna just strike back. Oregongearhead says nice guys here! You keep bashing.
    Listen you now call me ignorant. You don't know me, where I've been in life, what me education is, the employ I've held, places I've been and on and on. I don't know you what you do and where you have been or even if you have an education so I will not speak to you as you do me. If I did you might get all offended, but I won't so don't.. Hi I'm oldmusclemike.

10. RodgerThat

RodgerThat Member

The things I've had to do! What I've seen :eek: the shit I've had to walk through:mad: the people I've had to watch go, the hardship I've had! The people I've met! The struggles I've had!!!!! Dude simmer down we are trying to help share knowledge as you do the same with yours but unfortunately you aren't sharing anything that's backed up with today's progressive information. In the past 10 years there has been more research and developments in BB then the 60 years previous to that. Want to get your world rocked look up Layne Norton and read his scientific journals and articles on the matter. I'm not trying to hate but I ain't gonna get smoke blown up my ass unless it's by a sexy Latin girl on a curious Friday night:D

ickyrica, gr8whitetrukker and Do3Gs like this.
  11. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

You're not building muscle mass during contest prep unless you're a newbie to the gym or on considerable amounts of Anabolics and even then, it won't be a lot of muscle.

I'm not advocating doing a single rep range either. Each rep range has its benefits and drawbacks and just bc one rep range might be better at stimulating muscular hypertorphy or neurological adaptations doesn't mean other rep ranges should be ignored.

Do you even remember what you wrote?!?! You said, and I quote, "As far as more than 12 reps there are many good reasons."

You said there are MANY GOOD REASONS not A reason. You should try and remember what you wrote before you respond. Either way your statement is false.

You should read up on Zatsiorsky and muscle fiber training corridors before you attempt to discuss rep ranges and their physiological responses within the body. At 12 reps or more, you're doing very low amounts of mechanical work. There's not enough stress caused to stimulate a decent amount of muscle building or preservation as compared to lower rep ranges/higher intensities.

I don't think you know the definition of intensity in this context bc BY DEFINITION, 12 reps or more is low intensity.

gr8whitetrukker likes this.
  12. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

I didn't disrespect yo in my post towards you yet you disrespected me two or three times now. Apparently you're the one that's mad....

13. gr8whitetrukker

No, doc. Intensity is the pain and cramping I feel in my muskles and by definition that is 100 reps:p

14. Docd187123

Docd187123 Member

Now that you're running WC's program you know all too well how intensity is lol. It's a blessing and a curse.

15. gr8whitetrukker

Shhhh :)
    Im just gonna tell the kids I do 100 rep bench presses and hip abductors. Confuse em a bit eh

Docd187123 and Leancuisine like this.
  16. Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

Hey man... I do ab/adductors...

RodgerThat and gr8whitetrukker like this.
  17. gr8whitetrukker

Yeah, but your a Ranger
    Sooooo....you get a pass. This time

RodgerThat likes this.
  18. Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

Never know when I'll have to squeeze someone's head off in a triangle choke

19. gr8whitetrukker

Or pinch a queef out

jJjburton, ickyrica, Eman and 2 others like this.
  20. Leancuisine

Leancuisine Member

Yeah that's more likely of the two