• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Are you ok with Muslim refugees moving in next to you in the US?

Most of them would be much happier if the US stayed the fuck out of their country. They don't expect the US to fight for them; they expect the US to drop bombs on them as the US has been doing all over the ME for the last two decades. The US is in Syria to kill Assad, and has been intentionally arming terrorists as its proxy.
Now if only folks could figure out for whose benefit.

As of 2010, the US has approximately 86,500,000 males from the ages of 18-64 years old. Out of 120,000,000 people who are fit for service we only have 1,400,000 frontline personnel in the military. That's just over 1%. So how many Americans won't even fight for their county?????

Edit* and echoing what Flenser said as well

Sorry Docd, your numbers are skewed, and need to be revisited. Example: the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, however each branch sets its own policy within that limit, and you use a male age of 64. Additionally, in 2014 Time interviewed the Pentagon which said that "Approximately 71% of the 34 million 17-to-24-year-olds in the U.S. would not qualify for military service because of reasons related to health, physical appearance and educational background." Then take a look at our Commander in Chief downsizing our military, and all active duty personal required to take an early out. I think you would be surprised to find out just how many Americans will fight, have fought, and would fight again if we were attacked again.

Sorry Docd, your numbers are skewed, and need to be revisited. Example: the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, however each branch sets its own policy within that limit, and you use a male age of 64. Additionally, in 2014 Time interviewed the Pentagon which said that "Approximately 71% of the 34 million 17-to-24-year-olds in the U.S. would not qualify for military service because of reasons related to health, physical appearance and educational background." Then take a look at our Commander in Chief downsizing our military, and all active duty personal required to take an early out. I think you would be surprised to find out just how many Americans will fight, have fought, and would fight again if we were attacked again.

Yes you're right and I know a 64yo can't enlist but I only found figures on the 18-64yo population on the US census website.

Lol @ the Pentagon refusing enlistment based on "physical appearance". That's pretty fucking funny.

My only point was to counter yours about Syrians fighting for their own country. You'd be surprised about that number that do as well. What gets reported in the news is what we're supposed to hear not what's actually happening.

How do you envision that they would fight? Go to the local armory and pick up a rocket launcher?

Keep in mind, France and Russia bombed the fucking place. Do you know how many innocent people died from that?

Nuke the region until it looks like black glass, then the problem will be gone.

Dust off those neutron bombs - the ones that leave the buildings intact.

I am wholeheartedly opposed to accepting any refugees. As unfortunate conditions may be for these people due to religious, economic, social and political turmoil, we have plenty of people suffering in our own country. How do we propose helping others out when we have grossly failed on our own Homefront? Not to mention, the risk we assume in allowing these refugees in, who most likely harbor anti-American sentiments. It's clear they share a different value system than us and that our values and way of life are not compatible with theirs. It disgusts me when I hear our politicians claim these people will be put through a thorough background check blah blah. What does that mean? How do you conduct a thorough background check on a Syrian? Moreover, let's not forget that most of the people responsible for committing terrorist attacks have not had a negative background. Think about it, the most ideal candidates are those who are off the radar!

America wants to run around and be world police by nuking and shooting. But when it comes to actually helping other people then the citizens say no...?

Hurr Durr 'Merica

I am wholeheartedly opposed to accepting any refugees. As unfortunate conditions may be for these people due to religious, economic, social and political turmoil, we have plenty of people suffering in our own country. How do we propose helping others out when we have grossly failed on our own Homefront? Not to mention, the risk we assume in allowing these refugees in, who most likely harbor anti-American sentiments. It's clear they share a different value system than us and that our values and way of life are not compatible with theirs. It disgusts me when I hear our politicians claim these people will be put through a thorough background check blah blah. What does that mean? How do you conduct a thorough background check on a Syrian? Moreover, let's not forget that most of the people responsible for committing terrorist attacks have not had a negative background. Think about it, the most ideal candidates are those who are off the radar!

You really have no idea what you're talking about. These ppl don't harbor anti-American sentiments nor do they share a value system that makes them incompatible with us. They want exactly what you and I want and that is to live in peace, provide for their families, and watch their kids grow up. Tell me how that's I compatible with us?

America wants to run around and be world police by nuking and shooting. But when it comes to actually helping other people then the citizens say no...?

Hurr Durr 'Merica
We do help more people than any other nation. I don't like the idea of being the international police, but our days of minding our own business and being isolationists are over. We have put our hands in too many cookie jars over the years and now we are embedded in the problems of the world. Again, we help soooooo many people, always have and always will, but we don't need to accept a bunch of refugees into our country. We can help in other ways. We have too many problems here with which to be concerned let alone allow a bunch of refugees in who we taxpayers will fund.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. These ppl don't harbor anti-American sentiments nor do they share a value system that makes them incompatible with us. They want exactly what you and I want and that is to live in peace, provide for their families, and watch their kids grow up. Tell me how that's I compatible with us?
Well, to reduce my statement as mere opinion and elevate your statement as fact begs the question: how do you know what they want? And yes, Muslims share a different value system than Americans. Does that make them bad? Not at all, but to say their values are compatible with ours is a bit of a stretch. I will respect your position, however.

Well, to reduce my statement as mere opinion and elevate your statement as fact begs the question: how do you know what they want? And yes, Muslims share a different value system than Americans. Does that make them bad? Not at all, but to say their values are compatible with ours is a bit of a stretch. I will respect your position, however.

I've been there before, I have family that lives right across the border from there, I have friends that live there and friends that have fled from there and friends that have died there....

There are between 400,000 and 800,00 Muslims living in the NYC metro area. Have you heard any reports of incompatibility from NYC? I'm in the city every weekend and have not. Estimates show between 2,000,000 and 8,000,000 Muslims are living in the United Stares currently. Where's the incompatibility? Where are the multiple news reports of American Muslims killing American non-Muslims? Where are all the stories of incompatibilities? Is someone hiding them from us? That wouldn't make sense since the news media and politicians want you to hate the Muslim world so they would take every opportunity they could to get you to hate them more. The incompatibility that I experienced was post 9/11 and from Christian Americans nonetheless. People fighting me, spitting in my food, harassing my siblings and I, destroying prosperity, etc and I'm not even Muslim lolol.

So you're saying Muslims don't care about their children, don't care about their families, and don't care about living their lives in peace? I mean those are three of the most important things to them and coincidentally, or ironically, ours as well. What is a stretch is you projecting the evil acts of a few onto a population as a whole....a population of some 1.2 billion people.

I've been there before, I have family that lives right across the border from there, I have friends that live there and friends that have fled from there and friends that have died there....

There are between 400,000 and 800,00 Muslims living in the NYC metro area. Have you heard any reports of incompatibility from NYC? I'm in the city every weekend and have not. Estimates show between 2,000,000 and 8,000,000 Muslims are living in the United Stares currently. Where's the incompatibility? Where are the multiple news reports of American Muslims killing American non-Muslims? Where are all the stories of incompatibilities? Is someone hiding them from us? That wouldn't make sense since the news media and politicians want you to hate the Muslim world so they would take every opportunity they could to get you to hate them more. The incompatibility that I experienced was post 9/11 and from Christian Americans nonetheless. People fighting me, spitting in my food, harassing my siblings and I, destroying prosperity, etc and I'm not even Muslim lolol.

So you're saying Muslims don't care about their children, don't care about their families, and don't care about living their lives in peace? I mean those are three of the most important things to them and coincidentally, or ironically, ours as well. What is a stretch is you projecting the evil acts of a few onto a population as a whole....a population of some 1.2 billion people.
I said their value system is incompatible with ours. You disagree and that is fine. I have my position, based on my personal experiences and you have your position, based on your personal experiences. I lived in Europe for eight years and experienced the vast difference in value systems. Needless to say, I did not harbor any hatred towards Muslims. I treated them with dignity and respect. I respect your feedback and I respect you as a human being. For the record, I don't want us to allow any refugees into the country, so this is not limited to Muslims. We have plenty of internal issues to iron out with our own people. We don't need to add to it. There is plenty of suffering within our borders too.

I said their value system is incompatible with ours. You disagree and that is fine. I have my position, based on my personal experiences and you have your position, based on your personal experiences. I lived in Europe for eight years and experienced the vast difference in value systems. Needless to say, I did not harbor any hatred towards Muslims. I treated them with dignity and respect. I respect your feedback and I respect you as a human being. For the record, I don't want us to allow any refugees into the country, so this is not limited to Muslims. We have plenty of internal issues to iron out with our own people. We don't need to add to it. There is plenty of suffering within our borders too.

I have been to Europe as well, many times and for extended periods, as well as have family in Paris mainly but also several other cities in France. They still love their children just as much as we do here and Europeans do in Europe. You're saying they are incompatible and I'm asking for the headlines, stories, reports, etc of where they're incompatible. Do you think a refugee running for their life and that of their family is troubled by incompatibility or did you mean an extremist?

You sound like a level headed person so I'm sure you treated them with dignity and that's commendable in this day and age. I guess my issue with your comment is that I agree we have issues of our own to deal with here but most, if not all, those issues don't involve life or death. We have homeless, we have injured vets, we have families losing their houses, we have people losing jobs, a shitty economy, etc etc etc but these issues aren't killing people by the thousands.

You see it as Muslim refugees coming here or refugees in general whereas I'm looking at it as these are human beings that are suffering and could use any help they can get. We would be no better than animals if we continue to turn our backs on our own kind (and I'm not talking race, religion, ethnic background etc but about species). We are in a budget deficit and have many unresolved issues but if it is within our power to help I feel like we should. If money is an issue let's go after the government and it's wasteful spending. The US government spent $187,587 to find out if Japanese quail engage in risky sexual behavior while on cocaine, $200,000 on a tattoo removal program in California, $3,000,000 was granted to the University of California Irvine to study video games, $615,000 given to the University of California Santa Cruz to digitize memorabilia of the Greatful Dead, $2,600,000 was spent to teach Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly, untold billions of dollars are spent on an illogical war and drugs and incarcerating non-violent offenders, and too many more things to list. All this wasted money could have been spent on not only helping Syrian refugees but also our own issues that you pointed out.

I don't view it as us or them. I view at as doing what needs to be done and doing the right thing. The people profiting off these wars don't want it to end as it would mean their income and revenue would take a hit but at the end of the day the Syrians are just as much human as we are and deserve to be treated as such.

We do help more people than any other nation. I don't like the idea of being the international police, but our days of minding our own business and being isolationists are over. We have put our hands in too many cookie jars over the years and now we are embedded in the problems of the world. Again, we help soooooo many people, always have and always will, but we don't need to accept a bunch of refugees into our country. We can help in other ways. We have too many problems here with which to be concerned let alone allow a bunch of refugees in who we taxpayers will fund.
From the American perspective yes we do help people. From the Muslims perspective, we fuck a lot of shit up.

There is always a flip side to the coin especially when military is involved.

Providing a home and assimilating is, from my perspective, helpful to all.

It's about respecting other people's religion and values, and you can still keep yours.

I commend you for your follow up posts. Maybe the initial post I responded to was misinterpreted.

Worthy of note: How much do we know about Muslims? I think we are categorizing them all into one big mesh. Why? Because we are ignorant :-D

Usa has the largest Christian population, followed by Brazil and Mexico. I think American Christians have different values or ways of life than Mexican and Brazil. The faith is the same, but imo, there are still large differences.

Last edited:
CUToDKBWEAAD-Yo.jpg

One in five Syrians say Islamic State is a good thing, poll says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/09/15/one-in-five-syrians-say-islamic-state-is-a-good-thing-poll-says/?postshare=5271447997544059&tid=ss_tw

A recent survey of 1,365 Syrians from all 14 governorates of the country found some surprising attitudes. Consider this: A fifth of those interviewed said the Islamic State -- the brutal Islamist group known for its beheadings, that rules over large swaths of Syria and Iraq -- is a positive influence on the country. And 82 percent said that they believe the Islamic State was created by the United States and its allies.

The Syria survey was conducted by ORB International, a U.K.-based market research firm, from June 10 to July 2. The poll has a margin of error of +/-3 percentage points.

The majority of Syrians interviewed said they believe that the situation is worsening, and only 21 percent said they preferred their life today than when Syria was fully controlled by Bashar al-Assad's regime. Nearly half of Syrians surveyed said they opposed U.S.-coalition airstrikes, and nearly 80 percent said that the war has gotten worse because of the influx of foreign fighters. Yet there is also sense of hope: The majority of Syrians surveyed said a diplomatic solution was possible to end the war, and that Syrians can set aside their difference and live side by side again.

imrs.php

One in five Syrians say Islamic State is a good thing, poll says
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/09/15/one-in-five-syrians-say-islamic-state-is-a-good-thing-poll-says/?postshare=5271447997544059&tid=ss_tw

A recent survey of 1,365 Syrians from all 14 governorates of the country found some surprising attitudes. Consider this: A fifth of those interviewed said the Islamic State -- the brutal Islamist group known for its beheadings, that rules over large swaths of Syria and Iraq -- is a positive influence on the country. And 82 percent said that they believe the Islamic State was created by the United States and its allies.
Critical thinking CBS! You do know over 5 million Syria's population has dwindled down right? What sort of people do you think are STILL IN SYRIA?? Honestly, one in five even seems low to me. These numbers even seem low, am sure the amount of population that has left Syria is more than 5 mil.

1300 in the study.. Then they say one in five of Syria.. Population of what I can currently find is about 18 million.

Thanks for posting one of the most biased "study" I have seen as of late, oh it's a newspaper article. To change the title of the article to "4 out of 5 Syrian's think IS is a bad thing" wouldn't really help skew data I assume.

Last edited:
Critical thinking CBS! You do know over 5 million Syria's population has dwindled down right? What sort of people do you think are STILL IN SYRIA?? Honestly, one in five even seems low to me. These numbers even seem low, am sure the amount of population that has left Syria is more than 5 mil.

1300 in the study.. Then they say one in five of Syria.. Population of what I can currently find is about 18 million.

Thanks for posting one of the most biased "study" I have seen as of late, oh it's a newspaper article. To change the title of the article to "4 out of 5 Syrian's think IS is a bad thing" wouldn't really help skew data I assume.

You already know it's one of the most biased polls (it's a poll, not a study) you've seen and you haven't even looked at the poll's data (as evidenced by your comment that it's a "newspaper article"), not that you would understand it anyway. Amazing!

Thanks for showing that your understanding of polls is even less than your understanding of AAS. You never fail to disappoint, Sworder. I see why Sweden keeps electing fools: Fools for voters. LMFAO

You already know it's one of the most biased polls (it's a poll, not a study) you've seen and you haven't even looked at the poll's data (as evidenced by your comment that it's a "newspaper article"), not that you would understand it. Amazing!

Thanks for showing that your understanding of polls is even less than your understanding of AAS. You never fail to disappoint, Sworder. I see why Sweden keeps electing fools: Fools for voters. LMFAO
I edited my post after I saw it was a news paper article ;)

I don't vote in Sweden, are you even allowed to vote in America?