Advice: 35, fat, and looking to kickstart with a cycle

Cardio, get your heart rate over 140 for 20 minutes.

Increase the time as you are able (don't feel like you are dying, but push your comfort level).

As your adapt and your heart rate does not consistently want to stay over 140, then you will need to add intensity to keep it over 140.

Eventually you ought to be hitting 45 minutes or so over a heart rate of 140, 5-6 days a week.

This is going to require real cardio, not "tension" work. Run, bicycle, stair stepper, elliptical, whatever. Just do it. Thank me in June.

A lot of good advice in this thread but am I wrong to think that he is most likely hypogonadal? If he blasted and cruised for 4 years it seems likely that he is permanently shut down and would need TRT right? It would also explain (to an extent) his lack of motivation and fat again. Still learning myself but I haven't seen this mentioned.

A lot of good advice in this thread but am I wrong to think that he is most likely hypogonadal? If he blasted and cruised for 4 years it seems likely that he is permanently shut down and would need TRT right? It would also explain (to an extent) his lack of motivation and fat again. Still learning myself but I haven't seen this mentioned.
He seems to legit need TRT, this alone plus a reasonable diet would do wonders for him, but he decided he wants to become Mr Olympia in a week, so...

I was tested for T two year after cessation and I was sitting at just about 700ng/DL which seemed recovered enough for it to not be an issue. Balls were juicy again without PCT

It's been like 8 years, so I'd assume there's been some drop since then, but I wasn't shut down permanently

I would jump on TRT in a heartbeat if It was easy to access in my rural Canadian province and if I felt it would always be available but in times of supply issues and war, I'd rather not be completely dependent

Id run a TRT dose for a few months happily if I thought I could come off and recover entirely, just for the advantage of higher test to get ahead faster

Correction, she told me her last two preps:

175 grams of protein, then raised it last time to
200 grams

Sorry for the faulty memory.

@10am - 11am
Relatively heavy kettlebell, macebell stuff (goal of restoring mobility, coordination, and joint strength) swings, squats, cleans, a lot of off-centre swings to stress abs, circles around head etc

It is time to introduce you to a concept called progressive overload, which is something you can't really do with the type of workout you are describing.

Maybe consider weights, real weights. Like, squats, in a squat rack, with a barbell on your back, and when you can get 4 sets of 20 in one workout, then you write down a note to increase the weight by 10-20 pounds next session, and work again on getting up to 4 sets of 20. Once you reach that goal again, you add 10-20 pounds to the bar and start working your way up to 4 sets of 20 again.

There is nothing "wrong" with what you are doing, but it is no way the best or most efficient way to reach your body composition goals.

Last post here for the day - did you sign up for MyFitnessPal? Are you measuring and tracking everything you eat and drink each day?

Ok, 200 grams of ground beef is 41 grams of protein (good) but 21 grams of fat (not so good from just one protein source in one meal).

21 grams of fat is an extra 189 calories that is not needed. It would take quite a bit of cardio just to get at that 189 calories. Maybe think about replacing this with a leaner meat source.

4 eggs is roughly 25 grams of protein (eh, kinda low) but an additional 19 grams of fat. Maybe think about one or two eggs with a bunch of liquid egg whites added to get more protein and get the fat level down, down, down.

4 oz of dark chicken meat is roughly 31 grams of protein and 11 grams of fat.

So, your entire protein intake for the day is 97 grams.

Get it to 250 minimum, day in and day out, consistently.

That is going to be a huge change for you, because you don't know how to eat for physique goals, and your body is not used to this.

Maybe start at 150 grams of protein (my tiny little wife's protein daily minimum) for a few days, then hit 200 for a week, then add a meal to up it to 250 grams a day.

250 grams of protein is only 1000 calories, and it is not really 1000 calories, because any protein that does not get used for, well, protein, requires a large calorie expenditure to convert to anything else.

UP your protein.

Get your fats down. I would say never, ever exceed 50 grams while you are cutting. You are exceeding that every freaking day even while not getting a mere 100 grams of protein.

Like I said, you need to learn to eat.

MyFitnessPal was mentioned above. It's great. I use it. Others do, too. You can see how your macros are going throughout the day. You will NOT hit your goals the first day you use it, or the next, but you will learn over time what foods do to your macro totals for the day and begin to adjust. A couple weeks into measuring and tracking you will be able to hit your macro goals with ease.

So, track.

Get your protein up. (above 250)

Get your fats down. (below 50)

Fill in the rest of your daily goal with carbs.

Why do late? That is a problem all in itself. It interferes with your goals.
Solid advise. What's your opinion on salmon? I eat a big ass piece but it can raise fat up like a mofo. Hard to keep fats under 50mg eating an 8oz piece but keeping it under 75 isn't so hard.

I know I’m late to the game here, but OP if you’re this and you haven’t gotten your thyroid checked, you need to do so.

Going on a steroid cycle with low calories isn’t guaranteed to burn fat or give you more energy: in fact, another user said you should check out your blood work for diabetes and thyroid issues. That was some of the best advice in the thread.

Why? Because… if you go on a cycle with hypothyroidism, you could just make everything worse. More fatigue, more weight gain…