Advice / Problem... Maybe a Dr ???

Danny4281

Below is a warning about novaldex and Lexapro and supposedly clomid.. If these are out of the question for me, what options do I have for PCT??? Does this also mean Arimidex is also out of the question for me????

Escitalopram can cause dose-dependent prolongation of the QT interval. Theoretically, coadministration with other agents that can prolong the QT interval may result in additive effects and increased risk of ventricular arrhythmias including torsade de pointes and sudden death. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled ECG study consisting of 113 healthy subjects, the change from baseline in QTc (Fridericia-corrected) was 4.3 msec for escitalopram 10 mg/day and 10.7 msec for the supratherapeutic dosage of 30 mg/day. Based on the established exposure-response relationship, the predicted QTc change from placebo under the Cmax for 20 mg/day is 6.6 msec. Cases of QT interval prolongation and torsade de pointes have been reported during postmarketing use. In general, the risk of an individual agent or a combination of agents causing ventricular arrhythmia in association with QT prolongation is largely unpredictable but may be increased by certain underlying risk factors such as congenital long QT syndrome, cardiac disease, and electrolyte disturbances (e.g., hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia). Also, the extent of drug-induced QT prolongation is dependent on the particular drug(s) involved and dosage(s) of the drug(s).

MANAGEMENT: Caution is recommended if escitalopram is used in combination with other drugs that can prolong the QT interval. Patients should be advised to seek prompt medical attention if they experience symptoms that could indicate the occurrence of torsade de pointes such as dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, palpitation, irregular heart rhythm, shortness of breath, or syncope.

If these are out of the question for me, what options do I have for pct???

Why do you think these would be out of the question for you and not the rest of the population?

Do you think you will be taking 30 mg a day?

That whole thing is essentially ass-covering legal pharma-gibberish.

Why do you think these would be out of the question for you and not the rest of the population?

Do you think you will be taking 30 mg a day?

That whole thing is essentially ass-covering legal pharma-gibberish.
Because in currently on Lexapro and the results show an abnormal heart rythm

Because in currently on Lexapro and the results show an abnormal heart rythm

You are experiencing abnormal heart rhythm yourself?

Then that is a pretty solid contraindication.
Even without the drug.com boilerplate that is a contraindication.

Talked to your doc about it?

Back