AI monotherapy

lhokasschoder

Hey Meso,

while doing my research on PEDs I learned that AIs have different effects on naturals than people on steroids. Since the HPTA is not suppressed, the AI does not crash your estrogen completely because of the negative feedback loop. Since aromasin does not seem to have adverse effects on your lipid profile, my question is, why not use it to boost your testosterone? If you find a dose where your estrogen is still kept at a healthy level, then you will have a boost in testosterone with little side effects.

What are your thoughts? Do you think such a protocol would work? If you think it is an utterly stupid idea, why?

Hey Meso,

while doing my research on PEDs I learned that AIs have different effects on naturals than people on steroids. Since the HPTA is not suppressed, the AI does not crash your estrogen completely because of the negative feedback loop. Since aromasin does not seem to have adverse effects on your lipid profile, my question is, why not use it to boost your testosterone? If you find a dose where your estrogen is still kept at a healthy level, then you will have a boost in testosterone with little side effects.

What are your thoughts? Do you think such a protocol would work? If you think it is an utterly stupid idea, why?
Stupid, no? Are you going to get the effect you are looking for, idk. This all bottles down your goals. If your goal is to go from a low level of test to a level WNL range this can do it so long that is all you are looking for.

Hey Meso,

I did this it works
I would start with 12,5 mg 3x per week get bloods and go from there.
I messed up as i started adding other things like anavar was still good at low doses 3x per week but started feeling lethargic as i increased to 5x week and upped the dose been on testosterone ever since but I'm considering quitting and going back to that protocol just with hgh in there and maybe hcg once per week

Stupid, no? Are you going to get the effect you are looking for, idk. This all bottles down your goals. If your goal is to go from a low level of test to a level WNL range this can do it so long that is all you are looking for.
I mean of course, I'm not expecting anything near actually pinning. But increased libido, better energy, etc. would be cool.
I did this it works
I would start with 12,5 mg 3x per week get bloods and go from there.
I messed up as i started adding other things like anavar was still good at low doses 3x per week but started feeling lethargic as i increased to 5x week and upped the dose been on testosterone ever since but I'm considering quitting and going back to that protocol just with hgh in there and maybe hcg once per week
Cool to hear. Can you share what you mean by "it works"? As in it increased your testosterone? Or did you notice positive benefits?

I mean of course, I'm not expecting anything near actually pinning. But increased libido, better energy, etc. would be cool.

Cool to hear. Can you share what you mean by "it works"? As in it increased your testosterone? Or did you notice positive benefits?
Yes it increases testosterone and does not crash estrogen if you have working gonads.
If you cant make testosterone for some medical reason it wont work .
You could get upper or slightly above reference range testosterone if you dial it in with bloodwork .
It gives a boost in performance just not like a steroid cycle would more like trt just better because you produce other hormones like pregnenolone and dhea.
What do you want to get out of this exactly?

Last edited:
I like it when folks want to take it slow with gear and see the results over time. I think your approach will give you better energy, mood, focus etc. Doctors can also feel more confident with this approach as well.

Yes it increases testosterone and does not crash estrogen if you have working gonads.
If you cant make testosterone for some medical reason it wont work .
You could get upper or slightly above reference range testosterone if you dial it in with bloodwork .
It gives a boost in performance just not like a steroid cycle would more like trt just better because you produce other hormones like pregnenolone and dhea.
What do you want to get out of this exactly?
A boost in performance, energy, mood. My question was more in the line of whether you actually felt positive effects (and or any negative).

Hey Meso,

Jesus…you natties are something.

You’d rather have osteoporosis by the time you’re 25 than pick up a fucking syringe twice per week. Sounds like a great plan

Jesus…you natties are something.

You’d rather have osteoporosis by the time you’re 25 than pick up a fucking syringe twice per week. Sounds like a great plan
Well yes, because I don't want to shut myself down. Pinning is a big commitment with its own risks. From what I've seen AI use in naturals only moderately decreases estradiol. If you can keep it within normal range, what's your evidence for it causing osteoporosis? That would be constructive criticism and would add to the discussion.

If you were a female, treating breast cancer and already borderline osteoporotic, I guess I could see that argument. But number one way to keep bones strong is progressive overload (weight bearing exercises).

AI monotherapy works. There's plenty of good studies on this. It's an ultra low maintenance way of boosting testosterone. The results aren't immediately super dramatic, but over time, they can dramatic. The response is highly individual. It's certainly worth trying if you have the time and patience to stick to it.

Hey guys, I have an update. I've been running 12.5mg aromasin every other day for 2 weeks now. Unfortunately, I do not have readings before. My main concern was the numbers during.
Total T: 927.1 ng/dL
Estradiol: 23.7 pg/mL
I've not noticed many differences so far, but this is more of a longer term project. Estradiol is still in reference range, but the ratio is 0.025. What do you guys think? I'm thinking I switch to E3D.

The safe cutoff to ensure the classical positive of estrogen is about 20 pg/ml of estradiol, below that on the lung run all the issues related to estrogen deficiency are very likely to happen (bone mass decrease, an atherogenic lipid profile, low libido, depressed mood, etc...)

My brother tried this a few years back. His test increased amd he was excited. Big let down in the gym though. No strength or size increases. Saw no increases in libido either. Couldn't understand why. My brother is already a large athletically built dude. Something about the effect from AI's just is isn't the same. He found same results with clomid (as did I).
Maybe other guys can share different experiences? This was prescribed by an endocrinologist to him also fyi. Has ANYONE gotten positive
testosterone-related benefits from monotherapy with things like anastrozole or clomiphene? I mean the test does go up, it absolutely does. Also he has never done anabolics so he was totally natural when he attempted this.

Last edited:
I'm doing this right now as a natural with 650 test.

Been taking 5mg aromasin every day for the past 3 months

Every day I feel shitty and have low sex drive my test defenitley has not had a noticeable increase

18 years old I'm trying to keep my growth plates open

Back