Alternative to Calking Gun

What kinda gun? Was it hard to get the correct pressure?
I used this one:

Amazon.com

It took longer for me to get everything positioned correct and the setting right than it did to actually filter it.

I don’t think pressure was an issue. If anything, at first, it almost seemed like the gun wasn’t able to apply enough pressure. The gun kicked back and I had to reposition & extend the head of the calk gun again to meet the syringe tip.

I was able to get it flowing beautifully at the lowest setting after that.

So update on the mechanized caulking gun:

About a week post injection and everything feels good. My biggest concern was that I did mess up the filter somehow. It effectively flowed like there wasn’t a filter there, I was mind blown.

For reference btw this was done with

Castor Oil / 25% BB / 1% BA

Heated up, if I had to guess somewhere around 130-150* F. But that’s a crap shoot.

Point is, it’s pretty much the thickest (most viscous) formula I imagine anyone here would attempt to filter. If you use MCT or similar its going to go like a breeze. I’d consider not even heating it. YMMV.

So update on the mechanized caulking gun:

About a week post injection and everything feels good. My biggest concern was that I did mess up the filter somehow. It effectively flowed like there wasn’t a filter there, I was mind blown.

For reference btw this was done with

Castor Oil / 25% BB / 1% BA

Heated up, if I had to guess somewhere around 130-150* F. But that’s a crap shoot.

Point is, it’s pretty much the thickest (most viscous) formula I imagine anyone here would attempt to filter. If you use MCT or similar its going to go like a breeze. I’d consider not even heating it. YMMV.
What kind of filter? Because recently I switched from whatman to biomed and it flowed 7x faster. Thought it was blown it flowed so fast. Like 10ml in 15-20 seconds

What kind of filter? Because recently I switched from whatman to biomed and it flowed 7x faster. Thought it was blown it flowed so fast. Like 10ml in 15-20 seconds
Whatman 25mm .22um PVFD.

Yes, the Amazon filters I’ve used, any other brand than what man goes much quicker. No sure why. But I like to stick to the gold standard on filters. That’s not something you want to nickel and dime.

Yeah the mechanized caulking gun took no longer than 1 minute for 50ml

Whatman 25mm .22um PVFD.

Yes, the Amazon filters I’ve used, any other brand than what man goes much quicker. No sure why. But I like to stick to the gold standard on filters. That’s not something you want to nickel and dime.

Yeah the mechanized caulking gun took no longer than 1 minute for 50ml
I've been using higher bb and I was worried about the chemical compatibility with pvdf whatmans, so I switched to ptfe by a company on Amazon called biomed. Another couple of people on here have said they've used them with good success. I was concerned about how fast they flowed. But so far no floaters and my leg hasn't fallen off yet.

But yeah major difference in flow rate with the whatmans.