Alternative to the caulking gun, maybe.

xgunx

Okay so first let me say I haven't tried this yet. I'm kinda skeptical but think the concept atleast has potential. This is meant to free up some time and save our hands during filtering without using a bottle top setup. It may be slightly cheaper also. There would still be needle holes in the vial top so its a personal use setup. Let me know if this is a stupid idea or whatever your thoughts may be. I feel dumb asking but don't want to just try something new and waste money or do harm.

I happened to stumble across this setup for something else but quickly realized it may serve another purpose. This machine is made to pump air through a large syringe to dispense glue and other similar adhesives. One could easily use a STERILE syringe, syringe filter, and needle with this machine and the stand it comes with to pump air into the syringe and out through the filter landing in the sterile vial.. here's a picture of the setup. The entire kit is only 50 bucks. Adjustable pressure and can also vacuum. Pressure does go pretty high. The syringe that comes with uses luer lock. I'm also wondering if the air coming out of the machine pushing the oil through could be dangerous somehow.

The stand it comes with would be able to hold it up right during the process. Just make sure the vial doesn't overflow by measuring

Here's a link to the Amazon page.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MRHYCDX/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_RVKATKTH9WKKX08TMYJN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210205-210708_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210205-210708_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20210204-171920_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-171920_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20210204-172142_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-172142_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 70
Theres also the option of leaving the piston in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210205-230843_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210205-230843_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
This is not the answer you want but mate...honestly...fuck this shit.
You sooner or later will.
Been there, done that. Looking for alternatives to syringe filters and caulk guns. Shit shouldn't even be suggested in my opinion.
Bottle top,even for personal consumption.
Bottle top and never look back,ever.
Save yourself!

This is not the answer you want but mate...honestly...fuck this shit.
You sooner or later will.
Been there, done that. Looking for alternatives to syringe filters and caulk guns. Shit shouldn't even be suggested in my opinion.
Bottle top,even for personal consumption.
Bottle top and never look back,ever.
Save yourself!
Actually I'm kool with an honest answer. You were not rude, thanks. I'll get the bottle top soon. Once I can find a decent source that has the right filters.

I've been thinking this setup may cause a mess where I'm cleaning shit up if I'm not watching it near the end.

3 years shelf life,also. Individually packaged,sterile. Important to mention.
Same brand these fucks resell on eBay.
I saw this with my own eyes after buying blind like an idiot from ebay numerous times.

Last edited:
3 years shelf life,also. Individually packaged,sterile. Important to mention.
Same brand these fucks resell on eBay.
I saw this with my own eyes after buying blind like an idiot from ebay numerous times.
Thanks a million. I always forget about that site. That is much cheaper. It is also part of the reason I haven't got it yet.

Gl45 Borosilicate lower units too to screw the bottle top filter on. You can sterilize them again and again.
I hear plastic ones crack.
25$ cheap vacuum pump from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Karlsson-Robotics-D2028-Vacuum-Pump/dp/B00DYA21PU/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=vacuum+pump&qid=1612646425&sr=8-14
And a 12v power supply. 5-10$

Once you get all of this and get overwhelmed, because you will (i guess),write back here and I will explain everything. It is dead easy.

The only thing I cannot help you with,is sterilization. It can be done. There are many ways I see around.
I use my wife's autoclave

Gl45 Borosilicate lower units too to screw the bottle top filter on. You can sterilize them again and again.
I hear plastic ones crack.
25$ cheap vacuum pump from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Karlsson-Robotics-D2028-Vacuum-Pump/dp/B00DYA21PU/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=vacuum+pump&qid=1612646425&sr=8-14
And a 12v power supply. 5-10$

Once you get all of this and get overwhelmed, because you will (i guess),write back here and I will explain everything. It is dead easy.

The only thing I cannot help you with,is sterilization. It can be done. There are many ways I see around.
I use my wife's autoclave
I understand how it works and have actually picked out everything including that same pump lol. Just trying to match the filter membrane size to the funnel. I may have to find a filter that meets my requirements then find a funnel that fits the membrane.

Edit slightly different pump, is what I found. This one is cheaper and more my style. Do it yourself type of thing. Anyhow thanks man

Oh shit I just realized what the problem is and what you recommend. I was looking for glass and porcelain funnel and a pack of filters.

The disposable ready to go setups including the filter are easy to find and cheap as it gets. I can deal with that for sure.

Wait,there's something wrong here.

The bottle top filter is screwed on the gl45 bottle. The pump is attached to the bottle top filter air tight.
Pump pulls the gear from top of bottle top filter into the sterilized gl45 bottle.
The filter membrane is attached from the factory in the bottle top filter unit. You don't need any membranes.
You transfer the filtered gear from the gl45 bottle to the funnel.
You open the funnel valve whenever you want to dispense into a vial and then close it.
Crimp the vial.

Oh shit I just realized what the problem is and what you recommend. I was looking for glass and porcelain funnel and a pack of filters.

The disposable ready to go setups including the filter are easy to find and cheap as it gets. I can deal with that for sure.
Many people are against this with the argument that some of the gear may escape unfiltered.
You need something to keep the filter membrane tight.
The bottle top filters do not have this issue. The ones I am talking about.

Last edited:
Yeah those are pretty kool with the filter being built in basically.
Exactly.
I was looking into a Buchner setup initially. This secures the membrane but many people claim that even with the Buchners, it is possible the liquid escapes unfiltered.

The cheapest overall setup,is the buchner. Hands down.
I again prefer the type I suggested. The brand was random.

@TrennedOutLunatic do you ever run a different compound through the same bottle top filter? Like say one day you brew test c and tren e back to back. Especially if they are smaller batches, do you break out a new bottle top for the second batch?

Depends.
Do I care if my trenbolone has just a little testosterone in it? No
Do I care if my testosterone has just a little trenbolone in it? Yes,because when I post blasting,I am trying to recover.

It might be a non factor ,we are talking less than 1% here.

Some people flush their filters with some oil solo, before putting the next.

In any case there will be some of the last liquid in the next. But untraceable amounts. I doubt that hplc could even trace such small amounts.

Most likely,it is a non factor.

I read somewhere that the membrane filter only filters about 70% of the solution on average, that means that you have to filter the oil twice to get it 100% pure. Take this in to consideration. I would also go with a vacuum filtration system instead of the buchner system. Some of the cheaper vacuum systems are prone to oil spills. But a proper one will have a seal that prevents this. The buchner systems will easily let some oil through as is does not have a proper seal, You should also consider the membrane filters bubble point(How much vacuum pressure it can handle before creating bubbles where the oil slips through unfiltered)

A gravity filtration with the vacuum system is what i would prefer, it might take some time but you would not have to worry about the integrity of the filter being compromised. This is another reason for using MCT oil. The oil that is being sold as ultra filtrated is being filtered using 0.2 and then a 0.1 PES filter. If you use Pharma recipes(Test cyp 200mg/ml at 0.9/20 for example) with MCT oil i suspect you could filter the solution through a 0.1 hydrophobic PVDF filter and get rid of mycoplasma too. Merck millipore makes a 0.1 Hydrophobic PVDF membrane filter. This is all just my theory though. I have a plan of trying it when i get the money for it and i will of course let you guys know how it goes.

The membrane filter of course have to be properly steam sterilized at 121 C for 20 minutes. Another reason for using hydrophobic filters is that it would help remove any water contamination from your oil. Thus leaving out a chance for the oil crashing because of it later. And PVDF over PTFE for not being linked to cancer and it being a non toxic filter. PTFE is only required when using EO and guiacol, which i guess none of you want to use anyway.

VF12 Glass Filtration Set, includes 300mL/47mm Glass Filter Holder, No. 8 Stopper, 1000mL Receiver Flask and GL45 Adaptor
Rocker and Wheaton have a product for sale which goes directly into GL45 media bottles. Everything can be dry heat sterilized at max 170 C(I asked them)
Except for the plastic parts which you would sterilize like you do rubber stoppers. the sterlitech store also sells stainless steel lids separate with fitting syringe filters so that you can use a vacuum pump on it without risking contaminating the oil with air.