Australians self-medicating their TRT?

MairUnderwood(Researcher)

I am building on my previous research on self-medicated TRT (see my Meso article for a summary of the paper I published) with a team of researchers from across Australia, and am looking for people who are self-medicating their TRT (Australians only this time though). You'll get a $50 gift card for your time and the interview will be with me (via Zoom). Details below.

Low T?

Researchers from Deakin University, University of New England, and University of Queensland would like to talk to Australian men who have used anabolic-androgenic steroids (‘steroids’) as testosterone replacement therapy.

Our project aims to understand men’s experiences in attempting to accessing testosterone replacement therapy, their experiences navigating the health system, and why they may choose to use steroids for testosterone replacement therapy.

Participation in the project involves a confidential interview, lasting about 30-60 minutes. The interviews are conducted via Zoom. As a thank you for your time, we will provide you with a $50 Visa gift card at the completion of the interview.
If you are interested, click on this link: Study of Australians self-medicating TRT
We’ll be in touch to arrange a time for an interview.

For more information and enquiries, please contact Dr Matthew Dunn m.dunn@deakin.edu.au; 03 5227 8372

This study has received ethics approval from DUHREC. Project number 2022-067

55 yrs. Been on trt for two years with endrocronoligist in australia. Run test and other gear over the top of the trt. Only contact i can offer is through meso unfortunatly. Not interested in revealing myself or my doctor. We both have too much to lose. But if you want to ask questions feel free to pm me. Or post here in open.

55 yrs. Been on trt for two years with endrocronoligist in australia. Run test and other gear over the top of the trt. Only contact i can offer is through meso unfortunatly. Not interested in revealing myself or my doctor. We both have too much to lose. But if you want to ask questions feel free to pm me. Or post here in open.
Glad you were lucky enough to get TRT through and endo - many aren't so lucky hey? We are hoping that through our research we can change that

More the doctors are the problem with such low numbers to work with. At 40 i just had enough test to not qualify for a visit to the endo. So i ended up on the anti depressant circle. Took till i was 52 and in and out of depression clinics until my numbers were low enough i could get to endo. Then endo tell me that ive needed it since i was 40 by the look of these numbers. Yes it sucks. But guys these days can do trt themselves easier than it was 15 years ago. No ugl then. I was on my own.

I find the biggest issue is the lack of knowledge within our GPs.
Endocrinologists are also lacking in number's too, there's a handful in Vic.

I sorted out my own shit to have kid's and my wife was 6 month's pregnant when they called for the appointment with the endo.

I find the biggest issue is the lack of knowledge within our GPs.
Endocrinologists are also lacking in number's too, there's a handful in Vic.

I sorted out my own shit to have kid's and my wife was 6 month's pregnant when they called for the appointment with the endo.
This is true i believe it is also age related in their response. Ive been getting bloods done since i was 30. Always been at the bottom of the range. Took till i hit zero at 52 before i got to see an endo. Only took 6 weeks. They looked at previous bloods and i walked out with a scrypt. Been on trt since. Endo looked back and said should have been on trt at 40. Glad i wasnt.
Got a tast of hrt and ive gone crazy with it. On a comeback cycle of 2gr a week plus orals. Im sure it would have been 4gr at 40. Im addicted to feeling so alive.

Anyone else keen to participate? you will get paid to tell us why you self-medicated your TRT, and hopefully it will help unfuck the system so that people don't have to self-medicate unless they want to