Bloodwork health markers on current blast

Jbagel132

Subscriber
Doctor didn’t order a cholesterol panel for some reason so I’ll have to get back to him for that.

Today concludes Week 19 of the following. The Mast and Tren didn’t start at these doses, rather they started at 30mg/day and I titrated up every couple or few weeks. Today concludes Week 3 of the Anavar:

20mg/day Test P
80mg/day Mast P
80mg/day Tren A
100mg/day Anavar (started at 50mg/day week 1, 75mg/day Week 2)

Started Clenbut yesterday, did 120mcgs yesterday, 90 today.

Some noteworthy observations:

GFR is 57.7 ML/MIN
Creatinine is 1.4 MG/DL

Hemoglobin is 15 G/DL
Hemocrit is 44.4%

AST is 76 U/L (ref range is 5-40)
ALT is 79 U/L (ref range is 5-48)

I suppose the numbers for AST/ALT are to be expected with the amount of Var I’m running.

60 ML/MIN is considered the bare minimum for kidney health, with 90 or higher being the new standard. 57.7 is just on the cusp of this; anyone care to chime in with their thoughts? Much appreciated

Also, hemoglobin and hemocrit are exceptional considering what I’m on and for how long, so that’s a positive!

Attachments

• 9445142E-0C24-47DC-AD89-038448589A2C.png
    9445142E-0C24-47DC-AD89-038448589A2C.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 69BE7BC2-2208-4130-AEA0-19E0AA48075C.png
    69BE7BC2-2208-4130-AEA0-19E0AA48075C.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 4804545A-F612-48DF-BDA8-173BEA1FC98C.png
    4804545A-F612-48DF-BDA8-173BEA1FC98C.png
    234 KB · Views: 18
  • 77A03836-5B72-4AB1-B15C-9BE2E77655E6.png
    77A03836-5B72-4AB1-B15C-9BE2E77655E6.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 17
  • B2E7E791-576A-45BC-BF38-6805C77E6AD2.png
    B2E7E791-576A-45BC-BF38-6805C77E6AD2.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
holy shit at that cycle design, rather unsual lol.

1.4 is a bit high but your obviously not doing your kidneys any favors with what your using

whats your weight, bf, how's bp? is your BP natural or artificially lowed with meds?

Have you had creatinine tested in past, is it always that high? hydration? protein intake per day? did they take urine, if so, any protein spilling into it?

holy shit at that cycle design, rather unsual lol.

1.4 is a bit high but your obviously not doing your kidneys any favors with what your using

whats your weight, bf, how's bp? is your BP natural or artificially lowed with meds?

Have you had creatinine tested in past, is it always that high? hydration? protein intake per day? did they take urine, if so, any protein spilling into it?

My current weight is 202.7lbs at 5’9” but I am quite lean. My blood pressure currently averages at 126/73, and I am taking 80mg/day telmisartan and 5mg/day nebivolol.

Attached are some history of my Creatinine and GFR. Creatinine has always been in the ref range but is trending upwards, GFR seems to be trending down…

I will say, I did have issues with blood pressure in the past, so being on the telmisartan and nebivolol is probably a good thing!

Attachments

• EBB1B1B5-4E0E-4950-AFFD-16B3C562CF0E.png
    EBB1B1B5-4E0E-4950-AFFD-16B3C562CF0E.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 7D2D7F26-4156-4BD2-BAEF-DA07639137B5.png
    7D2D7F26-4156-4BD2-BAEF-DA07639137B5.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 38
My current weight is 202.7lbs at 5’9” but I am quite lean. My blood pressure currently averages at 126/73, and I am taking 80mg/day telmisartan and 5mg/day nebivolol.

Attached are some history of my Creatinine and GFR. Creatinine has always been in the ref range but is trending upwards, GFR seems to be trending down…

I will say, I did have issues with blood pressure in the past, so being on the telmisartan and nebivolol is probably a good thing!
I don't even pay attention to the EFGR, we have your creatinine so thats what matters. Its definitely higher than usual which is concerning. Even at a low BF your a thick guy, so your BMI is high so thats not good for the organs. But thats the price of having a ton of muscle, its just as unhealthy (well close) as being fat.

Obviously downsizing would put less stress on kidneys, but there's a chance its just the amount your on, var IS NOT KIND to kidneys IMO. That shit had protein in my urine at 80mg per day, stopped and was fine. Some say var is metabolized by the kidneys.

If it were me id get it re-tested, hell id cut the dose then re-test but if stubborn at least retest hope its 1.2, 1.1, a little lower. If 1.4 or 1.5 id cruise, consider getting more kidney testing done.

You could be perfectly fine but id def say based on your size, what your on, and that 1.4 thats higher than usual your stressing your kidneys at this current point. Maybe no long term damage but id say they are probably pretty stressed now.

How's the glucose? Are you on GH, metformin, etc?

I don't even pay attention to the EFGR, we have your creatinine so thats what matters. Its definitely higher than usual which is concerning. Even at a low BF your a thick guy, so your BMI is high so thats not good for the organs. But thats the price of having a ton of muscle, its just as unhealthy (well close) as being fat.

Obviously downsizing would put less stress on kidneys, but there's a chance its just the amount your on, var IS NOT KIND to kidneys IMO. That shit had protein in my urine at 80mg per day, stopped and was fine. Some say var is metabolized by the kidneys.

If it were me id get it re-tested, hell id cut the dose then re-test but if stubborn at least retest hope its 1.2, 1.1, a little lower. If 1.4 or 1.5 id cruise, consider getting more kidney testing done.

You could be perfectly fine but id def say based on your size, what your on, and that 1.4 thats higher than usual your stressing your kidneys at this current point. Maybe no long term damage but id say they are probably pretty stressed now.

How's the glucose? Are you on GH, metformin, etc?

Thanks for the thought-out post, I really appreciate it as these results have freaked me out a little. My lab shows the upper end of the reference range for creatinine to be 1.4, doesn’t that mean it’s still acceptable?

My glucose is HIGH, 171 MG/DL. No GH or metformin. I am cutting pretty hard at 2200-2300 calories per day, so perhaps this will reverse the trend? Looking to get down to 190-195lbs.

Attached a pic so you can know my body composition. 207.7lbs in the pic, from October 3rd. Can also provide lower body if it’s really necessary, just grabbed this one quick.

Attachments

• 41B9403B-7638-42E2-B5B4-4FAC42495CE8.jpeg
    41B9403B-7638-42E2-B5B4-4FAC42495CE8.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Gfr is very important. I'd be concerned. Stupid to ignore. Your GFR tells how much kidney function you have. It may be estimated from your blood level of creatinine. If your GFR falls below 30 you will need to see a kidney nephrologist. A GFR below 15 indicates that you need to start a treatment for kidney failure.....such as dialysis or kidney transplant.

Gfr is very important. I'd be concerned. Stupid to ignore. Your GFR tells how much kidney function you have. It may be estimated from your blood level of creatinine. If your GFR falls below 30 you will need to see a kidney nephrologist. A GFR below 15 indicates that you need to start a treatment for kidney failure.....such as dialysis or kidney transplant.

Yeah I am concerned for sure. I was supposed to do a competition in a few weeks, so maybe I will cancel and come off everything….I’ll be honest with you my bros, I don’t want to do that, but I don’t wanna die either, so I might be overkill with what I do, but I’m not completely reckless…

Thanks for the thought-out post, I really appreciate it as these results have freaked me out a little. My lab shows the upper end of the reference range for creatinine to be 1.4, doesn’t that mean it’s still acceptable?

My glucose is HIGH, 171 MG/DL. No GH or metformin. I am cutting pretty hard at 2200-2300 calories per day, so perhaps this will reverse the trend? Looking to get down to 190-195lbs.

Attached a pic so you can know my body composition. 207.7lbs in the pic, from October 3rd. Can also provide lower body if it’s really necessary, just grabbed this one quick.
id say your cycle is odd designed and a little much, but its obviously working. didn't think the range would go up to 1.4, its not "oh shit im fucked high" but a little high, if it is ever 1.7 id def be concerned or keeps going up. still would get retested. im not an expert but have had kidney scares.

not sure what units they measured your glucose was it out of range? fasted? that can be hard on kidneys. may want to take astragalus, im not big on supps but it supposedly supports kidneys.

this is true but EGFR/creatinine is not an accurate reflection of GFR. it can be a sign GFR is low but it can also be a sign his body is stressed from the gear, or he isn't hydrated that day the blood was taken.

just like I could have a stressful day or energy drink and my BP would read high, it doesn't mean I have heart problems

My egfr on 750 test was in the high 90's. Another reason test is best. My Dr says Testosterone actually improves kidneys.These other things like tren not so much.

I would say get a cystatin C for kidney.

I would think the 560mg of weekly tren and 100mg of var is fucking your liver.

It isn't horrible but I wouldnt want to have my liver enzymes elevated in general

id say your cycle is odd designed and a little much, but its obviously working. didn't think the range would go up to 1.4, its not "oh shit im fucked high" but a little high, if it is ever 1.7 id def be concerned or keeps going up. still would get retested. im not an expert but have had kidney scares.

not sure what units they measured your glucose was it out of range? fasted? that can be hard on kidneys. may want to take astragalus, im not big on supps but it supposedly supports kidneys.

this is true but EGFR/creatinine is not an accurate reflection of GFR. it can be a sign GFR is low but it can also be a sign his body is stressed from the gear, or he isn't hydrated that day the blood was taken.

just like I could have a stressful day or energy drink and my BP would read high, it doesn't mean I have heart problems

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions, as you can understand it’s a scary thing. Glucose was 171 MG/DL, not fasted, but as I mentioned, calories are pretty low, 2200-2300, so it’s not like I’m pounding carbs. I will get retested in a month, my competition will have been done and I’ll be off all the shit.

Was your kidney scare similar to mine?

I commented you for being lean in a world where people call 15 percent lean, lol. id get your a1c tested too.

my creatinine got up to 1.7, was drinking a ton of water one hot summer, fucked up my electrolytes, got a 24 hour urine test and my GFR wasn't too bad they said don't worry about it. This was when I was 220 using more juice, wanted to be big. Now im 185 lean, don't want to look like a bodybuilder, much healthier, my creatinine is .9 or 1.1 usually, no protein in urine. but you compete and aren't looking to downsize so just always keep an eye on kidneys and BP. ideally wouldn't want to be on a BP med but your lean, not some 15 percent guy on TRT who refuses to do cardio or get a reasonable bf, so probably best choice for you. liver will heal, just always keep an eye on kidneys make sure the creatinine gets back down to where it usually is after contest and possibly get more tests as others have suggested to be safe.

Just wanted to give an update. Switched my protocol to this, on the 3rd week:

210mg EOD Test E
180mg EOD Deca
160mg EOD Primo E
20mg EOD NPP (running in Week 2 and 3)
4iu/day HGH

Got more bloodwork today. Definite improvements with the kidney markers and glucose, but an increase in AST and ALT:

Creatinine: 1.4 MG/DL (10/15/22) -> 1.2 MG/DL (11/10/22)
eGFR: 57.7 ml/min (10/15/22) -> 68.9 ml/min (11/10/22)

Glucose: 171 mg/dl (10/15/22) -> 92 mg/dl (11/10/22) (not fasted for either)

AST: 76 U/L (10/15/22) -> 96 u/l (11/10/22)
ALT: 79 u/l (10/15/22) -> 91 u/l (11/10/22)

Much better for kidneys and glucose right? Interesting to note that I started blasting and cruising in September 2020, and ever since my AST and ALT have been elevated in the 50-100 range. Attached is the recent bloodwork results for said markers from the last 2 years.

Side question, will the elevated AST and ALT affect how efficiently my body handles the rhGH?

Attachments

• F1617B3B-80B7-4024-A31E-78964DEB20FD.png
    F1617B3B-80B7-4024-A31E-78964DEB20FD.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 22
  • F65C69BD-A584-4053-9ED2-E43AC93BDFBE.png
    F65C69BD-A584-4053-9ED2-E43AC93BDFBE.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 17
Ok wow. Kind of a mess.

The AST/ALT elevations aren’t too bad, especially on orals.

However, creatinine is a pretty poor basis for eGFR. Run cystatin c. The bodybuilding scene needs to graduate to smarter bloodwork.

Cystatin C
CRP
A1C
Fasted insulin

All should be part of standard labs.

Ok wow. Kind of a mess.

The AST/ALT elevations aren’t too bad, especially on orals.

However, creatinine is a pretty poor basis for eGFR. Run cystatin c. The bodybuilding scene needs to graduate to smarter bloodwork.

Cystatin C
CRP
A1C
Fasted insulin

All should be part of standard labs.
Doctor said my a1c average over the last 3 months is 5.3%. And sir, I am no longer running any orals, as you can see I am on a new run detailed in my last post. For some reason since blasting and cruising started 2 years ago, orals or not my liver enzymes are always elevated to 50-100 u/l.

I figured that the eGFR going back to the high 60’s and the creatinine lowering to 1.2 mg/dl was at least a good trend?

Last edited:
He said my a1c average over the last 3 months is 5.3%. And sir, I am no longer running any orals, as you can see I am on a new run detailed in my last post. For some reason since blasting and cruising started 2 years ago, orals or not my liver enzymes are always elevated to 50-100 u/l.

I figured that the eGFR going back to the high 60’s and the creatinine lowering to 1.2 mg/dl was at least a good trend?
Good trends yes.

And your liver doesn’t just snap back to normal range, takes a bit to recover many markers. Trends are in the right direction, but as individuals concerned with health as it relates to performance, being just over the minimum for “good” on eGFR isn’t time to celebrate. Wanna see that number much higher.

Good trends yes.

And your liver doesn’t just snap back to normal range, takes a bit to recover many markers. Trends are in the right direction, but as individuals concerned with health as it relates to performance, being just over the minimum for “good” on eGFR isn’t time to celebrate. Wanna see that number much higher.

It’s been in the 60s-70s ever since I got into the game 2 years ago. I thought once it drops to those numbers it’s not possible to get back up to the 90s, is that not true?

Sponsors

Latest posts

Back