Bp meds that don't cause balding.

Have high BP and history of svt. I'm currently on 30 mgs of Lisinopril , 12.5 mg metoprolol and hctz. Since starting them I noticed hair loss and overall thinning. I have heard that they can cause hair loss in some people. Anyone know any bp meds that are hair safe?

Running 5mg nebivol daily w/o any noticeable worsening to hair loss. Was already on fin+min before starting it though. So far working for BP and resting heart rate.

I got nasty side effects from Lisinopril, and switched to losartan. Zero sides. I'm not susceptible to hair loss but I had other sides.

But I just did a quick search for u and it says losartan does not cause hair loss like others from what i read.

I just did a quick Google search for you and it appears to be the HCTZ is the reason for hair loss.

I got nasty side effects from Lisinopril, and switched to losartan. Zero sides. I'm not susceptible to hair loss but I had other sides.

But I just did a quick search for u and it says losartan does not cause hair loss like others from what i read.
Losartan is brilliant, same as I use.

Have high BP and history of svt. I'm currently on 30 mgs of Lisinopril , 12.5 mg metoprolol and hctz. Since starting them I noticed hair loss and overall thinning. I have heard that they can cause hair loss in some people. Anyone know any bp meds that are hair safe?
I’m on Amlodipine myself but not a trace off hair loss myself.

The HCTZ is not causing your hair loss. I assume you're using test, and whatever else, which along with genetics is causing your hairloss. If you have a genetic predisposition for hair loss, then using even just test alone is going to speed it up, but I would look at that as I have never heard anyone having hair loss from a diuretic or any other BP med.

The HCTZ is not causing your hair loss. I assume you're using test, and whatever else, which along with genetics is causing your hairloss. If you have a genetic predisposition for hair loss, then using even just test alone is going to speed it up, but I would look at that as I have never heard anyone having hair loss from a diuretic or any other BP med.
Thanks man yea been on test for like 10 years and never really had an issue till recently. Prob last 3 years. So recently hopped on finasteride and now shedding like crazy. Finding hairs all over the place and in the shower

Back