Brewing Component TH

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic but when you use a bottle top filter, filter the oil into a sterile bottle, then what? Cap and crimp the bottle?

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic but when you use a bottle top filter, filter the oil into a sterile bottle, then what? Cap and crimp the bottle?

Haha that would be the biggest vial on the planet.

You filter oil,BA,bb and fina through filter into the bottle. Then comes the tricky part cause you don't want to contaminate the already filtered nectar with a hair or anything for that matter. You need to get the nectar out of the bottle and into vials.

Haha that would be the biggest vial on the planet.

You filter oil,BA,bb and fina through filter into the bottle. Then comes the tricky part cause you don't want to contaminate the already filtered nectar with a hair or anything for that matter. You need to get the nectar out of the bottle and into vials.

Haha, yeah, thats why I was confused.

But if you did cap and crimp it, you could transfer it using large gauge needles and high volume syringes into sterile vials. Or would that take too long?

Haha, yeah, thats why I was confused.

But if you did cap and crimp it, you could transfer it using large gauge needles and high volume syringes into sterile vials. Or would that take too long?

Yeah you could but that would slow the process way down and take forever.

My bottle are 1/4 the size of manifest so I just use 2" 18g to suck it all up and put in vials. I feel that takes a while to. I would like to hear @manafest chime in cause Im not on his level. Be interesting to hear what he does or plans on doing. He's got his work cut out for him if thats all going it 10ml vials

Last edited:
What is the best practice to use when transferring to smaller vials at that point?

For me I new to all this. I shower and scrub all the loose skin and hair off me. When I get clean I throw on my fitted ball cap and put surgical gloves on so I don't take the chance of one of the hairs on my knuckles ending up in the vial. I suck up 10mls at a time and put that in vial after vial using the same process. Anyway, thats how Ive been doing it. I'm sure theres better ways and would love to hear them.

For me I new to all this. I shower and scrub all the loose skin and hair off me. When I get clean I throw on my fitted ball cap and put surgical gloves on so I don't take the chance of one of the hairs on my knuckles ending up in the vial. I suck up 10mls at a time and put that in vial after vial using the same process. Anyway, thats how Ive been doing it. I'm sure theres better ways and would love to hear it.

If the way you're doing it is the best for the amounts you're dealing with maybe you should cap and crimp the big bottle. If you did that and used pre sealed sterile vials, you wouldn't have to worry about skin, hair, or anything else falling in. Just a thought. I'm brand spanking new to this.

If the way you're doing it is the best for the amounts you're dealing with maybe you should cap and crimp the big bottle. If you did that and used pre sealed sterile vials, you wouldn't have to worry about skin, hair, or anything else falling in. Just a thought. I'm brand spanking new to this.

Yeah but I don't think you can cap and crimp the bottle. Its got a real bottle top on it . But yes putting it in already seal vials is safer and less likely will get contaminated but when your distributing to local farmers they don't want a vial thats not sealed. ( not saying thats what I'm doing )

Well it's nothing compared to Manafest. I'm not digging my vials or 2 tone flip tops but that's an easy cheap fix. Do not buy the thick glass vials. I sterilize those fuckers 3 times cause there's little air bubbles and lines in the glass that give you the illusion that there dirty. These are now the cleanest vials on the planet.
d003615320a6ca455244af7be20a64a1.jpg

I just want to know where you are still getting the component TH from, or if you stocked up expecting the end to be near then how come you couldn't also Nostradamus the 9-11 attacks :p

This time I didn't do the recrytallization and it was cloudy. Just a bit of a heat on breaking down the crused pellets and let it set for a day but it did not separate like it was when I use the magic solution before. Its still cloudy for 2 days letting it sit so I filter with Whatman syringe filter since the millipore bottle top I have used broke on me. I have nalgene on the way. Just wondering its light color than the other tren I have seen. Ive used Gso/mct 50/50.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 51
I was thinking the same thing. They have these stainless steel weed grinders that are the size of the palm of your hand. They have sharp teeth in them and when you put something in there and twist a few times it totally grinds it. That may work and being that its all metal i should just be able to tap it on my metal table to make all the powder come out.
You could always rinse it out with your BA and BB first to get everything out.

This time I didn't do the recrytallization and it was cloudy. Just a bit of a heat on breaking down the crused pellets and let it set for a day but it did not separate like it was when I use the magic solution before. Its still cloudy for 2 days letting it sit so I filter with Whatman syringe filter since the millipore bottle top I have used broke on me. I have nalgene on the way. Just wondering its light color than the other tren I have seen. Ive used Gso/mct 50/50.

Yeah my first batch came out thick like that. Even had a small Crystal start forming in the corner of the jar. I would just heat it like I do everything before I pin and that stuff was some fire. It was from the fina though not component.

Could buy sterile viles for ppl who don't want to sterilize their own. uncrimp fill and recrimp lol def would be a little more pricey but would be guaranteed sterile.. Honestly u can buy pretty cheap auto. Calves

U tried the component yet Odie? If so can u tell the difference between the two?

Yep ran the fina for 5 weeks and was miserable and have been on the component for a week now. I can tell a difference but I'll give it a few more days before I start a riot. I may keep it to myself. There both good tren.

Just a thought for guys running big batches of component.
When you have all the sediment left in your coffee filters...try running some methyl alcohol through the sediment into a separate container and then recrystallize by dripping ice water into the solution after. Be interesting to see if there was any tren still left over with the binders and fillers.
Even if you managed to say get 5% that was lost, on a big batch it could be worth it

on a 1000ml like manafest did...if you got an extra 50ml for the cost of a bottle of heet....I'd say it would be worth it